TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Comic Request thread

I've been having a hell of a time finding a working torrent for the Zero Hour crossover as well as the Red/Blue Superman period of the 90s. Got anything that can help with this?

Are Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentleman or the Authority (since I just got hooked on Planetary) good reads? I am freakin loving these non classic style stories from the likes of Millar, Bendis, Morrisson, etc....keep em coming when you can...

I've been having a hell of a time finding a working torrent for the Zero Hour crossover as well as the Red/Blue Superman period of the 90s. Got anything that can help with this?

Could you share some sights that do have good torrents for comic downloads please? I'm always looking for more...

Are Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentleman or the Authority (since I just got hooked on Planetary) good reads? I am freakin loving these non classic style stories from the likes of Millar, Bendis, Morrisson, etc....keep em coming when you can...

I don't think Moore had a stint on The Authority... But issues 1-12 are fantastic. Can't speak past that.

You might be thinking of Moore's run on Supreme (maybe?) which is really fun. It's flagrantly just Alan Moore writing Superman and calling him Supreme.

To be honest, I really loved the first collection of League, and didn't like the second. Volume 2, the plot barely seems to move, and it's very anti-climactic. A few great moments for Hyde, and that's it.

If you're looking for some newer Alan Moore stuff, I really can't recommend Top 10 enough. It's so damn fun. Probably the most humorous thing he's ever written. Still quite twisted though!

I've been doing nothing more than Google-in' it up. I've found a lot that way, but a lot of torrents end up sucking balls.

Have you used ScrapeTorrent, Kotz? That usually works for me.

No I haven't, but I'm about to... RIGHT NOW! (e-runs) Thanks!

EDIT: Still trying to find a Red/Blue Superman torrent that works, but I'm downloading Zero Hour as we speak. Thanks again!

Found it! Feel free to post whatever Superman stuff you'd like though. I haven't read much from this decade outside of Our Worlds at War and the different Crises.

Thank you so much for posting the Joker hardcover.

This was fantastic. I'm glad someone else reminded me about it. A lot of comics kind of go in one ear and out the other (so to speak), but that was really something special.

I'll start going through my Supes today. Any special requests?

To be specific, I'm curious to read how President Luthor came to be (outside of attempting to rebuild Gotham). That and whatever's been happening since the Birthright story arc (along with the whole Birthright collection since it's been a while). If there are any sort of "landmark" storylines pre-Crisis that'd be cool too. I've got the 90s down pat thanks to your downloads and my own searching.

Had Lex really won in 2000, we'd invade other planets using B13 technology instead of just regular ol' countries like Iraq! He probably would've vaporized Afghanistan after 9/11 and covered it up as a Pakistani nuclear test gone horribly wrong.

EDIT: ... I need help.

I have a backlog of stuff I'm going to try and upload for everyone, as soon as I get back to my glorious fios

Heres what I have on tap:

An almost complete collection of Hellboy, all the trades, a couple one shots, etc.

Hitman:The Complete Series plus annuals and the JLA/Hitman mini

The Watchmen Motion Comic

Absolute Watchmen

Cable & Deadpool complete series

Casanova 1-14

I also have a couple random comics from the last 2 months

any requests?

Thank you so much for posting the Joker hardcover.

I'm trying to track down Azzarello's Batman run, hopefully I'll have it up for you(unless Anakin already posted it up earlier)

also, if you're into Superman, you have to read What's So Funny about Truth, Justice, and The American Way? Action Comics 775...in fact, Anakin, if you have that, please upload it

Hey Anakin, come to the new board and resume your work there. It would be greatly appreciated.

As a sidenote, many many thanks for posting the above issue of Action Comics. It's what I'll cite from now on when people ask me why I like Superman.