TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

The Mike Levy Incident

Absurd.

There's a 50/50 chance the "knot on her head" that facilitated the entire assault was caused by Mickie stiffing Levy on a

headbutt as opposed to Levy stiffing Mickie on one.

Complete fucking morons in IWA:MS. Their forums have a decent-sized topic about it and it basically centers around IWA ass-kissing, "Don't post what 'the haters' say" and "Let's just pretend Levy doesn't exist, stop giving him publicity".

News flash, if you don't want to give somebody publicity for being a shitty worker, the smart thing to do is be professional, bring him to the back and fire him for it, not "send out two other jackasses and Ian Rotten's son to wail on him for a while and make a spectacle out of it."

On top of that, apparently IWA:MS wanted the Mike Levy video pulled off wrestlinggonewrong. If it was a work, why would they deliberately try to pretend it didn't happen and cover up the evidence that it did?

So they can make money off of it? They had to find some way for people to buy the stupid Queen of Deathmatches tourney. God knows people aren't going to buy it for Ian Rotten's Meal ticket.

Just watching that, I could tell about ten seconds in that it was no work. I've been hit by Mickie, and it was a thunderous shot, but it wasn't anything like this. She was obviously trying to hurt the guy for real. For the headbutt, I've seen Mickie do that move countless times without anyone getting a giant welt on their face like that, so without better video footage I'm more inclined to blame the guy than her. Though she got downright dangerous with those lighttube shots, she swung it in a way where a lot of the glass flew out of the ring, though you could make a joke here about the IWA crowd being used to that shit for years now.

As for the rest of the beating, yah, overkill to say the least. You could kill someone doing that shit. But this is always the way Ian's done business (refer to the beating he gave Peter B. Beautiful at King of the Deathmatch 2001) so it's not like this is anything new. It didn't help this poor Levy schmuck at all that Ian is often overprotective of Mickie (refer to him ordering the cameras shut off and the building emptied after she broke her leg), I don't think he would've committed the same frightening level of violence on behalf of anyone else on the roster like that.

What's the backstory on this? Who's Mike Levy, how'd he get booked against Mickie on an IWA show if he was some untrained jabrony?

Levy was allegedly brushing it off and basically marking out over it, so I'm not sure how much IWA can lose out of this besides respect, especially once IWA-MS apparently said they were bringing him back so they could cover their own ass. As Timmy said, too, they probably don't care considering what they'll probably make off this. This also mirrors the Peter B. Beautiful shoot, does it not?

Stupid of Ian and IWA-MS either way.

Something else fun.

What's the backstory on this? Who's Mike Levy, how'd he get booked against Mickie on an IWA show if he was some untrained jabrony?

Some wrestler from the Carolinas who was hyped up on the internet (as a joke, mind you). Ian caught wind and asked him to come in as fodder.

That Tank guy...wow. I'm glad he's making real money. Forcefully beating the shit out of somebody, and then getting mad that they're not over-selling when they're trying to get away from you so they CAN sell? And then, getting hit with a move that EVERYBODY would sell as death and standing right back up? Jesus, man...this guy is a professional. Future WWE champion. Short temper, low level of actual talent...man, I hope he makes it out of IWA-MS and onto my TV every Monday night.

I'm still trying to figure out why they would bring in a guy who was apparently a relative nobody, and stick HIM against the person who had to be on TV in a week. Why not toss her in the ring with someone she'd worked a bunch?

Also, people who don't realize that PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES and that people get HURT wrestling need to not be wrestlers. Pretty fucked-up that what could've been an honest mistake led to that.

Even more fucked up that it was in a fucking DEATHMATCHES tournament. If you've gotta be on TV in a short while, what the FUCK are you doing wrestling deathmatches?

Punk didn't leave "at the first opportunity". He was there for several years, and kept going back even long after he was an ROH headliner.

It's not like this is the worst company in the world. This is standard for lower-level outlaw indy promotions. Hell, in Tennessee a couple months back there was a guy who got his ear bit off in a shoot. Shit like this happens all the time. It just doesn't often get turned into a mini-scandal like this. Please note that I'm not defending this, but it's simply wrong to go "OMG, Worst. Fed. Ever." when if you went to many indy shows you'd know that IWA doesn't exactly hold the exclusive patent on shady shenanigans and unnecessary violence.

Come on Jingus, you know people don't go to shitty Tennesee indy's or other low rent indy's. Plus most of those promotions don't have DVD deals like IWA MS. I agree that it's not the worst Fed ever but it doesn't help it's cause with shit like this.

As for who Levy is, He was hyped on the CZW boards and he was in the crowd as a fan. One of the SmartMark video guys saw him and Ian put him in the Queen of Deathmatches against his meal ticket, Mickie. Why? Becuase Ian is an idiot because who wouldn't put the meal ticket who just signed a contract with a major wrestling company with a TV deal in a match vs some untrained guy like Levy?

Punk didn't leave "at the first opportunity". He was there for several years, and kept going back even long after he was an ROH headliner.

He did leave IWA for a year, and it seemed like he only came back after all his buddies started getting booked in 2004.

Because he has Purple hair and Ian thought he was a queer? That's what he said in the promo before the match.

I don't think he was untrained from what I've read. He's awful, unskilled, and doesn't belong in a ring, but he isn't untrained. There are a couple videos of his on YouTube.

What I don't get is why he just took the beating like a little bitch (shit, he sold almost the entire time, too) and didn't even attempt to retaliate. If it's a shoot, it's pretty obvious you're never going to work there again so who cares if you fight back a little? I'll be damned if some stupid fat fuck hick is gonna bludgeon me with light tubes without my prior consent.

What I don't get is why he just took the beating like a little bitch (shit, he sold almost the entire time, too) and didn't even attempt to retaliate. If it's a shoot, it's pretty obvious you're never going to work there again so who cares if you fight back a little? I'll be damned if some stupid fat fuck hick is gonna bludgeon me with light tubes without my prior consent.

Because he knows if he takes the beating, Ian will book him again. And Levy is already booked for IWA's partner promotion IWADS.

Because he knows if he takes the beating, Ian will book him again. And Levy is already booked for IWA's partner promotion IWADS.

Sooo..... it was a work?

Was this his first match for IWA MS? Also does anyone know if he's actually worked for any other known promotion? I saw some of his stuff in the videos on youtube but it all seemed very backyardish.

I wonder if he's a backyarder Ian picked up to make an example out of.

Yes this was his first match in IWA. He wrested in some small Carolina indy's and backyard feds.

As for if it was a work or a shoot, I don't know. IMO, I think it's a mix of both. They probably told him he was going to get his ass kicked if he did anything to Mickie. Well you saw that knot on her head so an example was made of him. If you watch the King of the deathmatches, During Devon Moore's match, Levy is in the audience and gets hit in the head with some barbwire thing when it flies into the crowd.

Hmmm so either he ran his mouth off and was made an example out of..or just got his ass beat for running his mouth or did something to piss them off.

Or...it's just a work. Though I don't see a reason for it if it's just a work. Does Mickie and Ian tag team or something?

They use to have a tag team before Ian "retired" although he came back about a couple weeks later. They have a Father/Daughter type relationship. I guess Ian and the others though Levy stiffed her too much before her big TNA deal and "made an example" out of him.

MySpaceTV still has the video.

While I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed a work, I really struggle to see what IWA-MS is getting out of this except for bad press. You can't argue "any press is good press" because most deathmatch fans already knew of their shenanigans, and people that hadn't seen them before are likely to be unimpressed with what they see.

Thanks for the link to the vid.

If you were so worried about her having a mark on her for TV the next day, why the fuck would you have her in a death match?!?!? Fucking dumb as shit. That's why they will have no career and will be stuck in IWA forever.