TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/21/2008)

So why the huge reluctance to have Punk go over Batista?? Even with a fluke rollup or something? Is it the WWE? Batista himself? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Punk's shown he can consistantly have good matches, he is way above average on the mic, and last but not least... he's the champ.

I can appreciate the good matches he's had with Batista. Honestly, Batista should be thanking Punk for making him look better than he really is... but still. Just leaves me shaking my head.

Is the "Punk is being buried" bit going to start again? You know, like it did when he was the MITB.

I don't think he's being buried, but they made this mistake once with Mysterio... Why do it again when it wasn't successful the first time?

I'd rather Hacksaw win the belt. I'm just not seeing where Rhodes and Jr are worth a damn right now.

But Hacksaw Jim Duggan is?

Put down the crack pipe before one of WWE writers reads this and suggests bringing back more fossils ala WCW.

As for Punk, are you really suprised at the result?

I could see them dragging out the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam

Punk

Justin Hawk Bradshaw

Wigger/G.I. Joe Cena

Issac Yankem

Roid Rage Batista

...and....wait for it....

Jamie Knoble

Yeah, stuff like Punk vs. JBL at SS just has beneath zero heat. It was already done on Raw to boot, so that has to be out. I should think it's obvious that the Elimination Chamber is where this is heading. There are a bunch of guys who want the belt and no obvious #1 contender. JBL vs. Cena has been done to death. Batista/Kane would suck. A 3 way with Punk involved would be okay but unspectacular. It has to be the EC, but I'm not sure of the 6th man. Punk, Kane, Batista, Cena, JBL, and maybe Jericho?

Regardless of that Raw has been really good since the draft. It's certainly a lot better than SD is at the moment.

I thought RAW was pretty good tonight.

I don't know who's been working with Kelly Kelly behind the scenes for the past couple weeks, but DAMN did she bring her working shoes tonight. I really enjoyed her match with Beth Pheonix.

Batista and Punk have amazing chemistry in the ring. Batista can continue to get lame duck title shot after shot for all I care if they keep up the work rate.

RAW has been a lot of fun since the draft, so I'm looking forward to next week.

Really, this Punk is carrying Batista like he's luggage shit has gotta stop.

Bats sells really fucking well, getting Punk over as a threat... while managing to hit some of his power spots and not taking anything away from Punk. It's a shame these two just can't have a straight up match because their chemistry is off the charts

So why the huge reluctance to have Punk go over Batista?? Even with a fluke rollup or something? Is it the WWE? Batista himself? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Punk's shown he can consistantly have good matches, he is way above average on the mic, and last but not least... he's the champ.

I can appreciate the good matches he's had with Batista. Honestly, Batista should be thanking Punk for making him look better than he really is... but still. Just leaves me shaking my head.

It's called building up a program.

Justin Hawk Bradshaw

Wigger/G.I. Joe Cena

Issac Yankem

Roid Rage Batista

I've said it more than once before, but this really should be an auto-ban type of thing. It's really the worst.

Punk will get his big win eventually. JBL has been trashing him as a fluke, sooner or later Punk proves him wrong and gets that big win. That is, of course, assuming the writers want to build a logical storyline, that is.

I can't believe people are still complaining about Punk, they've made the story pretty clear.

Everyone thinks he won by fluke, he's doing everything he can to prove it wasn't, and keeps getting interrupted. He wasn't beat last night. Batista just started getting hot, after Punk dominated the whole match you can't just declare that was it he was about to lose before the interference.

This is all gonna lead to JBL's head games until he get's Punk in a No DQ match or a cage, and then, after that result, we can sit here and bitch about how he was used. As it is right now Punk's gone from mid-carder to start-up main eventer in a month and I can't believe people are still bitching. He's going up against the WWE's version of Goldberg and the fact that he's gotten offense at all, let alone an entire matches worth like last night, is quite an improvement from old WWE thinking.

The problem with Raw is that they have two over heels - JBL and Jericho. Punk feuding with Batista is a bad choice because it does nothing to help establish Punk as a face. I wouldn't mind a mini-program with Jericho actually, as Jericho thinks his feud with HBK is over, so moves on to go after the title. At least it would give Punk a heel to feud with.

Raw was pretty bad last night. Paul London looks like shit, he really needs a image make over. I'd give him his beard back and maybe cut his hair and give him black spandex pants or something. Cade's finisher is pretty good.

Why do the girls have to scream and moan their whole match? Kelly isn't feeling the matches, you can tell she is thinking her spots that were laid out pre-match.

Shad and JYG are actually looking pretty good in the ring. However Shad audibly calling for his opponent to kick out every pin attempt needs to go. JTG is really bulking up - look out for a Wellness suspension there. I think Dibiase really has a future in the business he is pretty good in the ring. I dig that falling fist drop he does.

I think Rhodes and Dibiase need a third member, Joe Hennig looks the part in FCW, anybody know how he is in the ring?

MOTN for me was the mixed tag. Nothing realy to add, but I remember it being pretty good. Kofi got crazy hight on that frog splash high cross body move thing he does.

I've never been a big D'Lo Brown fan. I HATE what they're doing with Beth. Just let her be the Womans division dominator. Santino was supposed to be getting Developmental Melina Roucka as his valet, go with that idea. Maybe Santino will start getting some wins with Beth helping him out on the outside. That could be a positive I guess.

It would be amusing if Rouka got called up. To think of the people in Mike Kruel's Team America Kozlov and Rouka could get called up while Kruel himself still languishes in developmental.

I'm thinking all of this will lead to a Raw EC match at Summerslam and that flat out needs to be the place where Punk proves he's no fluke and goes over.

So last week when I griped on Rhodes for being too green and skinny to be a credible threat/WORLD tag team champion continues this week.. the same match.. and again Shad is face in peril for some reason - despite being the biggest guy in the ring... Rhodes goes on to apply a fucking BEAR HUG to Shad? Come the fuck on.. how the hell am I supposed to buy that??

Well... I wish I had as much faith in the WWE's handling of Punk as some of you all do. I still suspect that if Punk was 6'3 and 240+, he'd be getting pin's instead of DQ's. Not to mention the announce team wouldn't be pounding home that Batista keeps getting robbed of "sure victories" because of interference.

I hope i'm wrong and you all are right. :ph34r:

I don't think there will be a elimination chamber. It most likely will be a 4-way with Punk/Batista/JBL/Cena. Kane will most likely do a run-in AGAIN, and start a program with Batista. Jericho is probably going to be in a blindfold match with Michaels at SS, so there isn't really a sixth guy to put in the EC. I could see them putting Mysterio in it, but Rey deserves nothing resembling a push at this point. Oh wait, when is Orton coming back?

Hey, is Rey ready to wrestle full time? It seems like there's something missing without him trying to get involved in the title frenzy.

Jericho also needs to get in on this for a little bit as he believes he's retired Shawn Michaels... let Cade deal with Shawn for a while.

I don't think an EC match is happening at SS either. Although, didn't WWE get rid of the New Year's Revolution PPV? So I don't know when else to pull it out.

They did the double EC event at No Way Out. You can put the gimmick on any PPV as the booking sees fit. It's placement as the attraction event for the typically low rated NWO event as well as an easy way to establish another title contender for WM would make NWO the natural "home" for the Elimination Chamber.

Hey, is Rey ready to wrestle full time? It seems like there's something missing without him trying to get involved in the title frenzy.

Jericho also needs to get in on this for a little bit as he believes he's retired Shawn Michaels... let Cade deal with Shawn for a while.

Mysterio is not fully recovered yet AND is in contract squabbles with the WWE.

I agree that Jericho should try and nose his way into the title scene since he believes HBK is retired. Punk needs a heel to play off of to establish him as a face.

How do people feel American Dragon can be brought it. It seems like they are almost teasing that someone is going to come to Micheals' aide, and the obvious choice would be Danielson. Is he over enough with the casual fans that they know who he is? Does he just do a run in and then explain his actions the next week? Bring him in while they are in an ROH area? Videos of Michaels talking to him?

I agree that Jericho should try and nose his way into the title scene since he believes HBK is retired. Punk needs a heel to play off of to establish him as a face.

Jericho is real simple to get in... just have him try to lure CM Punk to the truth, since he has experience of being considered a transitional champion. He could play mind games and cut great promos.

Jericho is real simple to get in... just have him try to lure CM Punk to the truth, since he has experience of being considered a transitional champion. He could play mind games and cut great promos.

No good. Jericho might get cheered against Punk. Then again, after what he did to HBK...

Still, I think you should establish Punk first, then put him into a program against Jericho.

Danielson is nothing but wishful thinking. He's not signed, likely wouldn't be by the time this is all going to be over, and even if he were let out of RoH all of a sudden to sign with WWE he'd likely have to go through re-education first, and who knows how many other commitments he has to clear off if all this did happen. But I'd have him run in from the crowd to save Michaels if by some miracle he does come in.

This all would have been the perfect spot for London if he weren't squashed two weeks in a row by Jericho and Cade. It tells me that if he has anything to do in this storyline, it won't be on the side of Michaels, but as another flunky of Jericho's after converting. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my end, too, and he won't have anything to do with the storyline in the end, but as silly as it sounds, maybe his jobber look and direction after the draft... as in losing the beard and proper boots... is WWE's way of telling how much he needs Jericho's help and why he'll eventually join.

There is a shot if they extend this by having Michaels take a leave to sell the injury and allow Dragon time to come in. But as I said, it's doubtful.