TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (7/22/2008)

It would have been nice if they mentioned how the SSP nearly ended Chavo's career a few years ago.

You expect that from WWE? It would have been a nice storyline to add to the feud, but this is WWE.

I don't know what was wrong with the previous title, but the new WWE Heat belt isn't terrible

The old belt is the same design as the old ECW belt.

Vince killing that belt tonight was the deathnail for the old ECW

I don't know what was wrong with the previous title, but the new WWE Heat belt isn't terrible

ECW has been dead for years. ONS was brilliant, and it WWECW had a slim chance when Heyman was booking and Angle was champ, but it was apparent that Vince had no designs on it really succeeding, or if he did he has a short attention span.

I've never seen her before, but to me she was a typical cootie cutter blonde that WWE loves.

Dragon, when was Angle ever the champ on the new ECW? Van Dam started out with it and he lost it to the Big Show, then after that Angle got released before ever challenging for it.

Anyway I am hoping Matt wins the belt at the PPV. Okay, fine Mark Henry got a token title win due to the Hayes situation. Now put the belt on someone who can actually work.

After reading the SD spoilers for this week I can't believe two of the top title matches on the PPV will be Henry/Hardy and also.....

HHH vs. Khali

After seeing footage of RVD being awarded the ECW title from Paul Heyman, I can see the rivets holding the plates to the belt which are always covered on the real belts. Kind of lame WWE couldn't even have the World Title ready for the brand's premiere episode.

I enjoyed the 4-way tonight, and hopefully WWE will give Matt Hardy the strap at Summer Slam and let him run with it.

ECW has been dead for years. ONS was brilliant, and it WWECW had a slim chance when Heyman was booking and Angle was champ, but it was apparent that Vince had no designs on it really succeeding, or if he did he has a short attention span.

Oh I'm aware about the essence of ECW being dead but the strap always stayed the same. I was wondering why Vince continued to use it after Heyman left. Only thing left from the original ECW is Dreamer. Poor guy. Every time I think about Dreamer in WWE, it's him licking urinals and drinking Biketaker's tobacco juice.

Damn, that was a fun show tonight, probably more than anything because it was in Philly, and the digs to the old fanbase with the changing of the new belt (which got nothing but heat from the crowd) as an example. Matt Hardy's promo was funny in a way too because, be it unintentional or not, Hardy was cutting a promo with an ECW logo on one side of him and a WWE logo on the other side - I guess just in case we forgot who owns ECW. Anyway didn't see the point of the new belt, probably because the old ECW belt had "World Heavyweight" in the faceplate and they didn't want anyone to confuse it with Raw's belt or something lame like that.

But that main event was actually really solid stuff that was ppv calibur in the workrate, and I'd be for Hardy as ECW Champion, just seemed to make sense with his character anyway. Hopefully they make the match "Extreme Rules" but I doubt it with HIAC now on the card. But that match tonight actually reminded me, in some ways, of an match akin back to the Bingo Hall days, all guys just working hard and doin some stuff near or in the crowd in a spot or two, and just keep on going with a big finish. So to that, it was an unintentional homage to the location they were at tonight, in that a regular ECW TV match actually was worth seeing for once...it's been awhile.

Miz/Morrison will likely feud after tonight and I'm sure Dreamer/Delaney will go on for awhile with someone showing up as a manager for Delaney, otherwise there is nothing to that feud. Oh and what the world was waiting for, a Mike Knox vignette!

Is gold really expensive all of a sudden, or did WWE get a monster deal on paint and silver, because they've debuted two belts in three days and neither one of them has a speck of gold on them, from what I can see.

If this were earlier in the decade we'd be awash with "How long before HHH mentions Henry winning the 'silver medal' omgwhataburial" about this. As it stands....I dunno. It looks cool, but championships should be mostly gold, not devoid of it.

Jesus, I just saw the new ECW title belt. What the hell is that? The lack of color aside from the silver is not very pleasing to look at.

I thought the new belt looked very nice, then again, I've always been a mark for silver. Especially a silver/blue color scheme.

Oh and what the world was waiting for, a Mike Knox vignette!

I too was puzzled and laughed my ass off at this. I've been puzzled ever since his return to TV back in June. I mean, why is this guy still employed? Didn't he get caught with steriods too a few months back?

Man, it sucks Mark Henry had to get so damn fat again after his knee injury. His trash talk in-ring is fanfuckingtastic, but it sucks that he sort of just power walks through spots that he used to be able to run through.

Oh well, he still rules character wise.

Henry is a powerlifter. Powerlifters bodies don't really tone out or get musclely due to the way their diet is and because of the way they work out. Powerlifters body types just look fat but it's all pretty much muscle, they just don't really get toned out. I use to train for Pro Wrestling at a gym that focused on Powerlifting, there wasn't a toned body in the entire gym. It looked like everyone had guts but it was really muscle.

Henry is a powerlifter. Powerlifters bodies don't really tone out or get musclely due to the way their diet is and because of the way they work out. Powerlifters body types just look fat but it's all pretty much muscle, they just don't really get toned out. I use to train for Pro Wrestling at a gym that focused on Powerlifting, there wasn't a toned body in the entire gym. It looked like everyone had guts but it was really muscle.

Henry was really getting toned in OVW before he was told to change those plans. The title looks fine enough for what it is and it's a welcome departure from the other World Titles.

McMahon has wanted to replicate Bruiser Brody for years and while he passed up the opportunity two summers ago with Terkay, he might have accomplished that with Knox from a physical standpoint. Knox is a great mid-card mauler to have and it's a great change from the standard physical form that we've become accustomed to over the years with newcomers and young superstars. Does that mean he's potential main event level act? Not a bit but you can't have an entire roster full of those; you need a guy like Knox. I can't comprehend the vitriol regarding a video package. Also, nothing ever came of the steroid issue in the house since it was apparently dropped.

I'll continue to protest any direction towards a Miz-Morrison rivalry. Miz has rapidly become one of the most improved characters and performers in the company and Morrison has steadily remained consistent, although he still struggles with the occasional promo, something Miz has down pat.

It's also refreshing that Bourne has an actual feud going on instead of just coming out to showcase his aerial skills. Chavo, while a horrible main event choice is a good introduction for Bourne to this audience.

I found it interesting someone mentioned Tiffany being a cooker cutter “WWE Blonde” when her character and look for that matter is quite different from the other blondes in the company. Having the same hair color as 4-5 other divas in the company doesn’t make her cookie cutter. Does it mean she’s showing much worth to the company in her present role? No, since she doesn’t even assist Long at anything, from her actions on screen, which consist of standing next to Teddy and flirting with other wrestlers.

Dude, before the last injury Henry was scary fucking cut... dude had well defined abs and was moving like he was 10 years younger.

Finally, the ECW belt screams "tertiary championship" just like it should have all along.

It screamed it with the old belt

Heavyweight Wrestling was written in blooooooood

Dude, before the last injury Henry was scary fucking cut... dude had well defined abs and was moving like he was 10 years younger.

Which injury?

It seems like ECW is lining up a few feuds - Henry vs Hardy, Bourne vs Guerrero, Dreamer vs Delaney, and the rumored Finlay vs Knox. Miz and Morrison will probably feud as well, since there wouldn't be anybody left on the roster to feud with, unless they use the talent sharing to feud with a SD! tag team (I'd kill for a Stampede Bulldog vs Miz/Morrison feud).

Will Elijah Burke ever wrestle again? Teddy Long has something planned for Ricky Ortiz as well...

Which injury?

I think he's talking Henry's kneecap injury at SNME a while back.

Which injury?

I think he's talking Henry's kneecap injury at SNME a while back.

I remember hearing that Mark Henry was busting out some superkicks and moonsaults (?!) in OVW during this time. ANyone have any pics? I never got a look at him when he dropped a lot of the weight.