TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Let's see, HHH in 2002 had exactly one match I'd deem of high quality (vs. Michaels at SS, which got over mostly due to it being HBK's return). In 2003 I don't recall hardly any decent matches or storylines HHH was involved in, maybe another Michaels match late in the year. It wasn't until Benoit went to Raw that HHH had any consistently good matches again.

You know, I'd love to have Dustin come in and do a Venture Bros. Rusty/JJ type storyline. Have dustin come in and say that Cody is no brother of his and is stealing his birthright. Having Hardcore bring him in would make sense whenever Holly's heat goes down.

-cheex

You know, I'd love to have Dustin come in and do a Venture Bros. Rusty/JJ type storyline. Have dustin come in and say that Cody is no brother of his and is stealing his birthright. Having Hardcore bring him in would make sense whenever Holly's heat goes down.

-cheex

How about Dustin Rhodes and Mike DiBiase feuding with Priceless? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that before.

I have an idea for the WHC match.

Here's what I'd do if WWE were going to go JBL vs. Punk. JBL would cut a promo like this:

JBL: "Punk, you keep saying you already beat me. You pinned me ONE time. One time when John Cena and his thugs distracted me. It was a fluke win, just like the way you won the title. You know you can't beat me one-on-one. I know it, everybody knows it. So I've had a match already made that makes fluke wins impossible. Punk, you pinned me once---but you can't do it twice in one night. You'll be lucky to get even one...in a two out of three falls match. A true test of endurance, and we'll see who the real champion is. You may get a fluke roll up, you might squeeze out one fall...but not two. At Summerslam, I'm going to expose you for the paper champion you are."

I'm not sure how Punk answers this promo, but obviously he goes over at Summerslam, thus proving JBL wrong.

To sum it up, I'm suggesting a 2/3 falls match. The main reasoning behind this is that Punk already pinned JBL, well JBL can say that was a fluke, so they can have that match at Summerslam, where Punk goes over decisively. The story seems to be that Punk needs to prove himself, well, what better way than this? He proves himself by going the distance with JBL in this match and winning, and he shuts the mouth of a hated heel, which should win over the rest of the fans who haven't accepted him yet.

Thoughts?

I'd actually been thinking that the 2/3 falls gimmick, in the guise of the three stages of hell would possibly make for a good blowoff to the Jericho/HBK saga. Other than that, I couldn't think of a gimmick that they could do that wuld sit quite right. I'd hate it to be last man standing as those matches rarely deliver, the whole concept is very anti-climatic. A blindfold match would be appalling. No DQ/Anywhere falls would be okay but they don't seem important enough to be the end of this feud. Hell in a Cell would be nice but they're reserved for 'Trips and Undertaker it seems.

I liked the set up that the original had straight singles/No Dq/Cage, and if they were to do that use the same stips. With the 3 Stages, Jericho could prove once and for all that he's better than Shawn by beating him multiple times in one night. HE could use the cliché from the Austin/Triple H encounter as well about breaking his spirit in the first fall and breaking his body in the second.

-cheex

I think that would work better if Cody were still a face. Usually heels are the ones to come in and complain that they're not getting the respect/treatment that they deserve.

You know, with all of the hype surrounding The Dark Knight this summer, would this not have been a good time to revive the old sociopath Doink the Clown with an updated, darker look, a la The Joker?

There's gotta be at least one guy on the indie scene who would be perfect for the role. Ace Steel, who already looks crazy without makeup? Jimmy Jacobs who really is crazy?

If Vince didn't know what Burchil was doing with the Johnny Depp version of a pirate, Vince probably wouldn't understand the Ledger version of a insane clown.

If Vince didn't know what Burchil was doing with the Johnny Depp version of a pirate, Vince probably wouldn't understand the Ledger version of a insane clown.

Well, he did somewhat understand the concept of the evil clown during Doink's initial run. I still hate the fact they wasted such a great premise by turning him face.

Bring back heel Goldust.

I agree and have him quote his movie lines again in promos. The Goldust character lost an edge when it quit reciting lines from famous/obscure films at the beginning of promos...I always marked for that.

I asked this earlier but didn't get a response it seems...when should I arrive at my house show if I want to get near the front of the line so I can get merch/concessions and beat the crowd? My show starts at 8...

When I went to Raw a month or so back, I got there about an hour and a half before doors opened. Was pretty much at the front of the doors whenever they opened up. I'd say that's about a safe time if you wanna get to merch before they get too packed.

Phff! Khali and Regal wish he could hail from two countries simultaneously like Gail Kim.

So, taking into account everything from in-ring work, ability in segments out of ring, mic work, character, look, gift to create compelling storylines, all of that... is there any arguement that Edge is the best in the world right now? I had this discussion elsewhere and I've yet to hear anything convincing. On the face of it he hasn't really changed that much. But it's amazing how much more well-rounded Edge has become since even his first World Title, and most definately since winning Money In The Bank at Mania 21 which I watched the other day to see virtually a totally different person.

Edge just needs a new finisher. I don't mind if he uses the spear ala Matt Hardy's Side Effect where he gets a consistent near fall, but no way should that spear put away anyone near the main event.

And Edge has been the best in WWE for years now. No question

Not really. Cena, Orton, Jericho, Mysterio, Finlay.

Unless you meant to say heel. In which case he'd only be behind Orton.

Just a very funny line from the 6/17/91 issue of the Observer posted today:

Steve Keirn won't be coming in as Gator Man after all because the gimmick is considered too close to that of two other lizard characters already in the promotion. Keirn is still scheduled to come in, however.