TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

PROMO: socius per casus

"Spike Jenkins?"

Longdogger Pete glanced up from the paper he'd been reading--a copy of the next televised SWF card--to the SWF performer that he'd just been introduced to. He continued speaking. "Yeah, I've been in the ring with him before. He's been associated with the SWF a long time...almost as long as I have."

Pete set the paper down on the table. "And I'm feeling good about this match. I'll give the guys in charge some credit for at least putting me up against a champion. Even though I'm not eligible to win his title, at least, not unless I drop six inches and 40 pounds in the next two weeks. It's not very likely."

His colleague said nothing, apparently content to let the gears in Pete's head turn on their own without any assistance, sitting silently with hands folded on the table.

"However, if I win this match...when I win this match...it'll go a long way toward showing the bookers that I'm capable of a run at the top, even after so much time has passed. And a win over Spike Jenkins would also wear him down for any...potential...challengers he may encounter."

The other wrestler gave a smirk with a raised eyebrow.

Pete shifted in his seat, sizing up the person sitting across from him. "Do you have anything to add, or are you here for your health?"

He waited, hoping the conversation wouldn't remain one-sided. He didn't have to wait long.

"You're right Dog, I don't think you should be too concerned with your match," said Taiga Star. "I may call you 'Dog', may I?" She didn't wait for a reply before continuing. "Though I believe I can take Jerkins down without anyone wearing him down before hand," Taiga exchanged a momentary glance at Pete, full of fire and stubbourn will, "But then again, I certainly don't mind the help."

"Well then, you're in for something of a treat. Because once I get back in the ring... Spike Jenkins won't even know what hit him."

Sign in to follow this