TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Discussion: Possible DC Universe Movies

Yes, but ANY movie shouldn't flop worldwide

tell that to Eddie Murphy

Yeah, Murphy really should be embarassed. Pluto Nash made a worldwide total of $6 million, with a budget of $85 million, and don't forget marketing costs. I mean thats seriously got to be the biggest flop ever. :o

I thought Batman and Robin was considered a flop because it sucked.

Well, yeah, that too. Does this mean people will consider Hancock a flop? ;)

Nobody currently out there springs to mind. Most female movie stars are way too scrawny and anorexic to play an Amazonian warrior.

To cast Wonder Women I would go with the following:

A. Jessica Beil

B. Catherine Bell

C. Evangeline Lilly

Other then that I got nothing.

Casting...who would you get to play Wonder Woman? Go!

I can't really think of any actress out there that would make a good Wonder Woman. The Ryan Reynolds casting for the Flash was spot on, but I can't really think of anyone for the Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). If the movie was made years ago, I would cast Harrison Ford.

For Zatanna

mia-kirshner-6.jpg zatanna.jpg

Mia Kirshner

For Hal Jordan

eric-bana-clean-cut-troy-munich-hulk.jpg hal_jordan_200.jpg

Eric Banna

Kyle Rayner

340x.jpg ion.jpg

Jesse Bradford

Wonder Woman

47579_2004_JAG_200th_Episode_Wrap_Up_Party_134_408lo.jpg 250px-WonderWomanV5.jpg

Catherine Bell

Do a google image search on Bell and I think that she would definitely look the part of WW. Also in case you are wondering she was on the show JAG.

I wouldn't want Bana anywhere near a comic book movie again- I'd just associate him with Hulk. I didn't have any particular problem with the movie, but it would be weird seeing a guy who played the Hulk suddenly playing GL.

I know people would hate this, but how about Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman? I know, I know- Xena playing an Amazon, how original. But ever since she did the voice for WW in the New Fronteir movie, I really could see her playing Diana.

I wouldn't want Bana anywhere near a comic book movie again- I'd just associate him with Hulk. I didn't have any particular problem with the movie, but it would be weird seeing a guy who played the Hulk suddenly playing GL.

I know people would hate this, but how about Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman? I know, I know- Xena playing an Amazon, how original. But ever since she did the voice for WW in the New Fronteir movie, I really could see her playing Diana.

I dunno...she kinda doesn't have the Xena build anymore.

I wouldn't mind her doing WW's voice again, but don't know about her actually doing her live.

Plus, how built does Wondy really need to be? Linda Carter wasn't exactly super-built when she played the part...I think.

Well, Wonder Woman is supposed to be fairly well built- and tall. She's as tall (if not taller) than Superman. But that might have been a Darwin thing from New Frontier.

I'll bet you anything that if they finally get on that Wonder Woman movie then Megan Fox ends up playing her.

Not that she'd me my choice, but the studios would probably go with her.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO not Megan Fox!!!! She has only had 5 seconds of redeeming moments on film and that was from Transformers when she popped the hood on the car!

Out of the choices I made earlier I am really proud of Mia Kirshner as Zattana

I actually hope the Man of Steel movie gets made, as I feel the ultimate Superman movie hasn't been made yet. I'm liking the direction I'm hearing that the movie might have, with it having way more action and Superman being depicted as an "angry god". The choice of villains sound real good too, which is Brainiac and Bizarro. I think those are Superman's best villains as they can actually fight him.

I actually hope the Man of Steel movie gets made, as I feel the ultimate Superman movie hasn't been made yet. I'm liking the direction I'm hearing that the movie might have, with it having way more action and Superman being depicted as an "angry god". The choice of villains sound real good too, which is Brainiac and Bizarro. I think those are Superman's best villains as they can actually fight him.

One thing that I'd have to wonder...

With Bizarro, being a clone of Superman, you have to get the person who plays Superman to play Bizarro.

Could Brandon Routh do a Bizarro justice?

I think Routh was a great Superman/Clark and the film was good enough, it just lacked anything really great. I mean, the climax was Superman fighting an island.

An island that should have killed him dead because it was made from freakin kryptonite. THAT was the climax I spent 2 and a half dreadfully boring hours to see?

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of that film but I can understand why someone would be.

Kamala: Isn't that baseball analogy exactly how Roeper or Ebert reviewed the film?

An island that should have killed him dead because it was made from freakin kryptonite. THAT was the climax I spent 2 and a half dreadfully boring hours to see?

Thats why I don't like the Superman movies. They just don't have any action. The first movie was simply Superman just flying around doing stuff, and he actually does fight people in the 2nd one (and Zod was awesome), but I don't think there was anything interesting in the rest of the movie. I've never seen 3, but I don't think I'm missing much, and I don't even want to comment on how bad 4 was. So I think Superman Returns was just a boring, by the numbers movie, that seemed to take the same formula of the 1st movie. Thats why the Man of Steel movie might be better, it actually will have FIGHTING.

I wouldn't mind a movie about The Question.

Original Question or current Question?

Justice League: Unlimited era Question.

JLU's depiction was based a lot on Dennis O'Neil's awesome run with the character in the late eighties.

That said, I would love them to do a action/comedy based on the JLI team.

No mention of Supermax through the entire thread? I think it's the most exciting concept for a comic vehicle in quite some time. It's a Green Arrow movie where he is arrested for being a vigilante ten minutes in and sent to Supermax, a prison for Meta Humans. Run by Amanda Waller. And incarcerating Luthor, The Joker, and a host of B through D level DC villains. Hopefully they green light it soon.