TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Is it real or is it fake?

Following a great forums.thesmartmarks.com tradition of Mole and the shadows, I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. Anything you come across on the internets that's of questionable validity, bring it here and we'll discuss if it's real or if someone very skilled made it on their computer.

My first submission.

My evaluation: I hope that this is fake, but I can't really see any evidence as to how/why. This is some terrifying shit.

RE: The snake. I'd say it's real but purposely misleading ... it's big, but not as big as the camerawork implies. There's nothing to really use as perspective for how big it really is, and thus the camera work can make it seem bigger than it really is. For a comparison, GIS "kimberly fishing" ... the snake in that looks huge, but it turns out that it's a pygmy cow (or whatever) that it's lifting and thus it's not as big as it looked at face value.

The camera pans slowly across the entire length of the snake and the moment the head comes into view, the snake strikes at the cameraman while the camera falls to the ground and the video abruptly ends.

Ya, when I watched the snake video for the first time (on another site, not in here) I just knew that it was one of those videos meant to give you a heart attack..but I still watched it..and still jumped like a bitch when the snake tried to strike.