TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Games you can beat to death

Alright, what games can you just kill? Ones that come to mind for me

Super Punchout for the SNES.

-I'm at the point where I can sweep the game without taking a punch. I've gotten Gabby Jay and Piston Hurrican down to about 7 seconds each, and I've got The Bruisers both down to under a minute

Devil May Cry

-Played the game 4 times through, never died.

Starfox 64

-I cannot remember my hit count, but other game I can sweep without losing a life...even taking the hard path

Guest Smues

Suikoden - I've played through the game so many times I could probably do it timely and with getting all 108 stars blindfolded. And I can do it on the Japanese version I can't read as well. Same goes for Chrono Trigger.

Super Punchout for the SNES.

-I'm at the point where I can sweep the game without taking a punch. I've gotten Gabby Jay and Piston Hurrican down to about 7 seconds each, and I've got The Bruisers both down to under a minute

o_rly.jpg

But seriously, I can never do the final stages on that game. The old chinese guy kicks the fuck out of me everytime.

My vote: The Termintor on Mega Drive. The game only has 4 levels!

Quite the opposite.. I could NEVER complete Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

I actually played for hours upon hours and only recently, some 16 years after, completed it via an emulator and only because it offered me the chance to save, which I couldn't do on the Master System.

Did anyone else have serious difficulty finishing this built-in mega game?

I actually played for hours upon hours and only recently, some 16 years after, completed it via an emulator and only because it offered me the chance to save, which I couldn't do on the Master System.

I've beaten Kidd in Shinobi World, Kidd and the Lost Stars, and Kidd in Hi Tech World...but NEVER Miracle World, which is a shame cause it's the best.

LOVE THE SMS!

Super Mario World. I just beat it, all 96 endings in just over 2 hours yesterday.

As far as Super Punch Out, I always get my ass kicked by the Bruisers. I have been wanting to play that game so bad lately, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've beaten Kidd in Shinobi World, Kidd and the Lost Stars, and Kidd in Hi Tech World...but NEVER Miracle World, which is a shame cause it's the best.

LOVE THE SMS!

Ditto.

I'd have loved the Wii to release Miracle World on the VC.

How just awesome would that be?

Halo 3. I borrowed it from my friend and beat it on legendary mode 15 times in a day.

Guest Vitamin X

More of an obscure title, but Kengo on the PS2. There's this 30-fight gauntlet you have to survive and at the end there's this one really tough sensei dude who could hand almost anybody's ass ridiculously fast. I got good enough at that game that I could get through the whole thing in under a couple minutes.

Also, not sure if it counts in a way, but I used to be good enough at Madden where I would be playing on All-Madden and I would still beat teams to the tune of 70-7 or 63-0. I used to find those kinds of blowouts really fun, too, but I'm glad I've gotten worse at football video games over time because I enjoy having more of a challenge and not just ripping off a touchdown every time I touch the ball.

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox verison), I admit the game was hard before I beat it but once I beat it....I could rape the hell out if it.

Way of the Samurai for PS2. I got every ending when I rented it from Hollywood Video and then spent the other two days I had it just going around killing people and getting into fights.

Super Mario World.

Same here. That game immediately sprang to mind when I saw this topic.

Yes, save the last Ghost House, where you had to fly crouched. I know you could use the P Block to make a staircase, but I could never figure out how, precisely.

Super Mario Bros. and Mega Man 2.

It is on VC.

Ducktales on NES.

I timed myself a while back, probably months ago at this point, and beat all five levels and the final boss in less than 10 minutes. Of course, that's not really getting anything or going through the levels but for just ending them. Actually playing the game (collecting items) I can finish it in under 20 minutes.

Ducktales 2 is a completely different animal though. That's a rough game.

Halo 3. I borrowed it from my friend and beat it on legendary mode 15 times in a day.

My girlfriend and I went out of town one day a few weeks back to visit some of her family. Her cousin recommended he and I play Halo 3 on Legendary in co-op campaign to pass some time. I was shocked at how quickly the 2 of us went through the campaign, considering I had never played Halo 3.

Way of the Samurai for PS2. I got every ending when I rented it from Hollywood Video and then spent the other two days I had it just going around killing people and getting into fights.

I've lost count on how many times I beat that.

Here's a question: IS there a "good" ending? Every time I beat it, it's either a "bad" ending, or a "not as bad" ending.

Super Mario Bros. - Only game I had on the NES for a while as a kid

Turtles in Time on the SNES - Awesome beat em up but I can routinely beat it without having to use a continue

The Punisher (movie game) - Have it on the PC. Fun little shoot em up, but I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've actually died in that game

probably more but those were the first three to come to mind

Super Mario Bros. and Mega Man 2.

It is on VC.

Really? Is that European Wii's too?

Damn, I sold my Wii last christmas to fund my Christmas present hunting.

I'd have kept the Wii JUST in case I knew it was coming.

I've lost count on how many times I beat that.

Here's a question: IS there a "good" ending? Every time I beat it, it's either a "bad" ending, or a "not as bad" ending.

I'm not sure, I don't remember any. The things I remember most are having fun being an absolute dick to everybody. Like I'd have that chick sleep with me to get me to save the black guy, then I'd go kill the black guy. I've gotta find a place to buy that game sometime.

I've probably finished Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Game Boy more than any other game. Though most of the times I played it I ended up stealing the bow and arrow from the shop, which made every character call you Thief. Worth it.

Guest Smues
I've probably finished Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Game Boy more than any other game. Though most of the times I played it I ended up stealing the bow and arrow from the shop, which made every character call you Thief. Worth it.

Oh man how did I forget that one. I beat the fuck out of that thing as a kid, and it never got boring. Although I will admit to often using the skip accross the screen trick, if only because you could use that to cheat your way to items and areas before you could normally get them.

Right.

On a master system emulator.

WITH SAVE STATE AVAILABLE.

WITH A YOUTUBE WALKTHROUGH.

I HAVE DONE THE BASTARD.

I couldn't imagine doing it without the walkthrough and the save option.