TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

100 reasons why TheSmartMarks.com

Guest Vitamin X
Eh why am I trying to defend myself anyways? VX already probably dislikes me and frequenting the wrestling folders isn't going to change that.

Not true, and not true. I wasn't talking about the regulars here, but the douchebags who only stick around in the wrestling folders. You can't possibly deny the people in there aren't terrible, or most people who are into wrestling in general.

I don't feel too bad. VX seems like he doesn't like the majority of the posters here which bring up...

Also not true. In fact, I like most people around here, it just seems like certain people have this idiotic animosity towards me. Okay, it's mostly bob, but then again, he seems like dislikes anyone so I don't care.

Wrestling's awesome. Don't hate

And once again, not true. Most mainstream wrestling has been awful since, oh, about 2003, 2004 or so. Now it's just depressing to watch the people that are still into it and defend it like it's a part of who they are and it's thus a personal attack if I say it's awful. Sorry guys, it is. It's terrible. It's abysmal. It's embarrassing. That's not a judgment on anyone's character here in particular, but it does seem to have a corollary effect with the people in the wrestling folders- stupid interests, stupid posters. Whatever.

I enjoy certain aspects of wrestling.

As by far the coolest person here, everything I do is cool, therefore Leo now looks stupid.

:(

You know, I do like death matches and shit like that, but I don't care about wrestling otherwise./lame attempt to save face

I wasn't talking about the regulars here, but the douchebags who only stick around in the wrestling folders. You can't possibly deny the people in there aren't terrible, or most people who are into wrestling in general.

Some people just come here to talk about wrestling, nothing wrong with that. I never thought the discussion in the WWE Folder was as awful as people say it is. It's just elietists laughing at people who like wrestling.

Most wrestling fans are pretty stupid, but there are pretty good wrestling boards like prowrestlingonly.

In fact, I like most people around here, it just seems like certain people have this idiotic animosity toward me. Okay, it's mostly bob, but then again, he seems like dislikes anyone so I don't care.

I love everyone! I don't have an any idiotic animosity toward you, I just don't agree with the majority of what you say. It happens.

Most mainstream wrestling has been awful since, oh, about 2003, 2004 or so. Now it's just depressing to watch the people that are still into it and defend it like it's a part of who they are and it's thus a personal attack if I say it's awful. Sorry guys, it is. It's terrible.

That's the thing- you say it's awful and terrible. That's great, good for you. I still like it a lot, and think WWE's been really good the past couple years, much better than the dark days of 2002-2003. Sure they still do stupid shit, but that's part of the fun of watching wrestling. And there are indy feds like ROH, which has Nigel McGuinness as their champion.

That's not a judgment on anyone's character here in particular, but it does seem to have a corollary effect with the people in the wrestling folders- stupid interests, stupid posters.

And that's why I think you look like an asshole when every once in a while you feel the need to crap on it for no real reason.

And JN News, that was low.

A disembodied tentacle is accidentally exposed to nuclear waste, giving it human abilities and an ambition to take over the world.

JN News is something else.

VX, you do know this is a wrestling forum right?

I really don't think it is anymore. Sure, there's the wrestling section, but it's really just a pop culture/random bullshit board now if you ask me.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I like ProWrestlingOnly too but it's got it's fair share of lameness too.

The name of the forum is a wrestling reference, the top forums are all wrestling related, 95% of the posters here came here or are here for the wrestling.

It may not be the best thing going here, but this is very much so a wrestling dicussion forum.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Most don't watch anymore or only watch casually. TSM hasn't been about the wrestling for years.

What is it about then?

Just because a lot of the "established" posters have shunned wrestling, doesn't mean that a lot of the primary discussion of the board is about a fake sport. Wrestling message board carries a stigma to it, but I don't mind.

Bix is a popular poster at PWO.

I think that says it all about that place.

CHRIS BENOIT KILLED HIS FAMILY WITH HIS WRESTLING FINISHER

ALL HIS FRIENDS KNEW HE WAS A SOCIOPATH LONG AGO

MELTZER IS LYING TO PROTECT HIS SOURCES

I WANT TO SAVE BENOIT'S BBBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

Guest Vitamin X
I wasn't talking about the regulars here, but the douchebags who only stick around in the wrestling folders. You can't possibly deny the people in there aren't terrible, or most people who are into wrestling in general.

Some people just come here to talk about wrestling, nothing wrong with that. I never thought the discussion in the WWE Folder was as awful as people say it is. It's just elietists laughing at people who like wrestling.

Most wrestling fans are pretty stupid, but there are pretty good wrestling boards like prowrestlingonly.

In fact, I like most people around here, it just seems like certain people have this idiotic animosity toward me. Okay, it's mostly bob, but then again, he seems like dislikes anyone so I don't care.

I love everyone! I don't have an any idiotic animosity toward you, I just don't agree with the majority of what you say. It happens.

Well, okay that's good to know then. It feels like lately you have been dogging me around a few threads, and I've noticed this trend of yours ever since I became a mod, so I felt as if it were something personal. That's perfectly fine, then.

That's the thing- you say it's awful and terrible. That's great, good for you. I still like it a lot, and think WWE's been really good the past couple years, much better than the dark days of 2002-2003. Sure they still do stupid shit, but that's part of the fun of watching wrestling. And there are indy feds like ROH, which has Nigel McGuinness as their champion.

---

And that's why I think you look like an asshole when every once in a while you feel the need to crap on it for no real reason.

Okay, I see your point. I never thought of myself as someone who crapped it on it all the time- let alone for no real reason. Hell, I like video games quite a bit, and judging from the folder there, that seems like quite a bit of a fringe geeky interest in itself, so I can't say anything about wrestling, I suppose.

VX, you do know this is a wrestling forum right?

No, not at all. Others have commented on it, but in reality, this board moved on from wrestling a long while ago when a lot of the more regular posters started posting exclusively outside of the wrestling folders. The first poster to crap on the wrestling stuff, I think, was Incandenza, but I could be wrong, and that started a big wave of people who just weren't interested in wrestling. Since about 2004, more definitively 2005, this board has been divided into two sections, mainly the more established posters hanging out in every folder BUT the wrestling folder (particularly the Sports folder) and then the "upper half" posters, who only hung out in the wrestling forums and only occasionally venture out into the other folders only to discover that it doesn't feel like the same place. That division more or less still continues today, as evidenced by the bringing up every now and then of re-arranging the forums soas to de-emphasize wrestling and emphasize the better aspects of the forum, but every attempt to do so has been shot down by Admin Mike (aka adminbot) because of the pageviews that wrestling draws. But aside from that,

What is it about then?

David McLaughlin.

This man speaks the truth.

Guest Vitamin X

And I like Venkman aka Stephen Gray! When I was into wrestling, I remember him as being one of the better writers out there, one who whenever they came out with a new article, I'd jump all over it. The only other ones being Jay Bower, CRZ (for recaps, naturally), and Scotsman, because he was an asshole and an idiot, and thus entertained me. Baisden wasn't too bad either, and I know dude still posts around here sometimes as well.

I think around late 2002-2003 was when a lot of the established posters just stopped posting in the WWE Folder because they complained about how terrible it was, and this lead to attempt after attempt to try to fix the folder.

Which led to nikjohns.

That about sums it up

Where "established" posters are is irrelevant. This isn't called "TheSmartEntertainmentandPoliticsFans", it's the Smartmarks, a wrestling term. It's linked to on wrestling sites, the majority of posters here are here for wrestling, whether you think they're good posters or not has nothing to do with anything.

I can understand saying a lot of people don't like wrestling anymore, but until that results in some kind of complete forum over-haul to where wrestling isn't the focal point, you can't say this isn't a wrestling forum. It started out as one, and continues to be one.

Oh and if there's any other topic you could say this forum is more about, Chilly Willy nailed it.

"Established posters" is subjective anyway. The names that are mostly thrown around as established are "established" to a certain group of posters, which they themselves are considered to be established. I don't want to label it clique-like, but a lot of people are quick to dismiss those that do not stray from the WWE Folder or any of the wrestling folders. They are not reading the other folders and threads, so they don't know the inside jokes and history of the board. Due to this, they are shunned in other folders, so the cycle continues.

I'm not suggesting a group picnic so everyone can get to know each other, but not all of the posters that come here strictly for the wrestling discussion are idiots with nothing to contribute to the board. I rarely posted or read anything outside of the wrestling folders from '99 or whenever to 2004 or 2005. That might be a poor example since I'm not a great poster or anything, but I have at least been involved in a lot of discussions on here over the years and seem to be known to a lot of posters. You get the idea.

bob, just to clarify, has "WWE been really good the past few years", creating moments that show "the fun of watching wrestling", or has it turned you off to the point you "only watch 24/7". Conflicting.