TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

TNA house show from Kenansville NC - 7/27/08

Just got back from this show, and the first thing I loved about this show was the drive. Much, MUCH shorter drive than the one I did yesterday to see CWA (1 hour, as opposed to 3)

For a somewhat small crowd (probably about 1500-2000) this was one LOUD fucking show. Ear bleedingly loud. Probably because they were bribing people with the chance to go backstage if they were loud enough. Alas, I failed. :(

Opening match: Petey Williams vs. Kaz for the X division title.

I thought Kaz "quit" TNA? Not a very good start for the angle if he's doing house shows anyways. Petey teases a top-rope Canadian Destroyer, which would have been EPIC, but ends up winning the match with just a regular Destroyer.

Match 2: LAX (w/o Salinas) vs. Rock n Rave Infection (w/o Christy) for the tag titles.

The little kids in attendance were most into LAX of all the wrestlers at the show. That just seems....weird somehow. Homicide plays face in peril for most of the match, until the hot tag, and Hernandez pins Rave with the Border Toss.

Match 3: Eric Young vs. James Storm.

Beer Money gets probably the most heat of the whole night. They get on the mic and do all sorts of cheap heat tricks on the crowd, and this guy sitting next to me will not SHUT THE FUCK UP while yelling at them. Roode keeps interfering, so Eric gets on the mic and makes it a tag match.

Match 3.5: Eric Young/Rhino vs. Beer Money

This was pretty much the only bad match of the entire night. Way too much stalling and restholds. Rhino pins Storm with the Gore.

Match 4: Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong vs. Jacqueline for the Knockouts Title.

Pretty decent match, with Kong doing her bit of just killing everyone for the entire match. Kong has Jackie up for a powerbomb, and Taylor rolls her up from behind and pins her. Yes, KONG took the fall in this match. WTF?

Post-match Kong tosses Jackie out of the ring, and...gives daps to Taylor. Then holds her arm up in celebration. Then holds the ropes open for her. Then FINALLY Kong strikes, powerbombing the shit out of Taylor. Taylor then wins the Worst Sell of the Night award, for laughing while being taken away by the refs.

Kurt Angle comes down after the match and basically gives a "Screw WWE, TNA rules" interview. He gets a HUGE face pop from the crowd.

Intermission

Match 5: Abyss vs. Tomko in a street fight

Really tame version of a street fight, with a chair being the only weapon used. Good stiff shots from both men, and the end comes with Abyss completely no-sells a SOLID chairshot to the head and pins Tomko with the Black Hole Slam.

Joe comes down(without belt) and says that he wanted to face Booker T in order to get the title back, but Cornette told him it couldn't happen until the PPV. So Joe issues an open challenge to anyone in the back that wants a title shot.

Match 6: Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage for the TNA World Title.

Awesome match. Crowd was about 60/40 in favor of Joe. Joe kicked out of the Unprettier at one point before finally hitting the Muscle Buster on Christian and then making him tap out to the Coquina Clutch.

After the main event, Borash says that TNA wrestlers will be coming back out to sign autographs and take pictures with people, but I left after I heard "$20 for a picture with Kurt Angle"

I also think there might have been a 7th match in here somewhere, but I can't remember what it was.

I thought Kaz "quit" TNA? Not a very good start for the angle if he's doing house shows anyways. Petey teases a top-rope Canadian Destroyer, which would have been EPIC, but ends up winning the match with just a regular Destroyer.

They announced on the website in the "Kaz is leaving" report that Kaz was going to honor his upcoming house show bookings.