TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 7/28 - 8/3

Guest Cal Moriarty

I'm sorry, but Green Monster Dodger Stadium cracked me up. Let's never fight again.

Guest Cal Moriarty

Oh, so there's the last of the Broken Oaklands. Took a little longer, but there it is.

Fine. But like 909 said, he's there for the bat. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Ripping on his defense isn't necessary.

I disagree, and I love Manny, he has gave us so many great defensive moments.

My personal fave was the Johnny Damon diving cutoff.

Guest Cal Moriarty

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THE METRODOME

I just turned on the radio and this is about to be forfeited? FUCK IT Twins way to give one away

Oh that umpire botched that strike call, that was a hit batsman. Bullshit. Win, Twins.

Guest Cal Moriarty

Griffey doesn't join the team till tomorrow in KC.

Steve Stone sounds like such a dickhead as a Sox guy. They got to him.

Stone's still tolerable when he drops in on The Score, but his arrogant demeanor is amplified any time he's calling games for the Sox to the point where he enters Hawk and DJ territory.

To the Cubs' credit, they're being very careful with Harden. He's clearly on a pitch count, despite the fact that he's dominated in all of his starts for the team so far.

With all of those young, promising pitchers from the Oakland system getting hurt and deteriorated, it makes no sense that Michael Inoa turned down more money to go to the Oakland system because he liked their record of developing young pitchers.

With all of those young, promising pitchers from the Oakland system getting hurt and deteriorated, it makes no sense that Michael Inoa turned down more money to go to the Oakland system because he liked their record of developing young pitchers.

Pitchers in general have a poor track record of health. Despite his decline in performance though, I don't think Barry Zito has missed a career start. Hudson's career record is 146-77, I'd be thrilled if any pitching prospect put that record up. And Dan Haren, Joe Blanton and Justin Duchscherer are still healthy.

Pitchers in general have a poor track record of health. Despite his decline in performance though, I don't think Barry Zito has missed a career start. Hudson's career record is 146-77, I'd be thrilled if any pitching prospect put that record up. And Dan Haren, Joe Blanton and Justin Duchscherer are still healthy.

Well, minor correction: Dan Haren didn't come up through the Oakland system; he was traded in the Mulder deal from the Cardinals, another franchise with a record of young, promising pitchers getting hurt and or deteriorated (Alan Benes, Rick Ankiel, Bud Smith).

Also add that since 2000, Hudson's first full season in the Majors, the only pitcher to throw more innings than Hudson is Livan Hernandez.

Also add that since 2000, Hudson's first full season in the Majors, the only pitcher to throw more innings than Hudson is Livan Hernandez.

Is that good or bad?

Two weeks from now, Maddux and Javier Vazquez will pass Hudson on the list.

Andruw Jones lined out last night in a situation that really could have improved his chances of getting more playing time. And oh, there was a guy on base, with two outs in the ninth. I cried.

What a guy.

Didn't Zito miss a start earlier this season because the Giants were contemplating putting him in the pen? Not an injury-related missed start, but a missed start all the same. Point taken, though.

Guest Cal Moriarty
Khalil Greene is out for the season after punching a storage chest.

Gentle Baha'i my ass!

Well, that is a very good counter argument, al and Bored. Perhaps it seems worse on the surface, but is no different than other organizations of this era. I'm looking at Zito's rapid fall off, Mulder and Harden being on the DL often, etc., and it made me wonder why Inoa thought the A's were that much better developing young pitchers. I guess having a large number of successful young pitchers in the first place answered my own question.

Liriano was called up and the Twins also cut Livan Hernandez and Craig Monroe.

Knew I should've gone to that game. Ah well, the weather was shit anyway.

Sucks about Hernandez, though, I always respected him for being an inning-eating starter in this day and age.

Guest Cal Moriarty

I didn't respect his bed-wetting on Wednesday night. They should've had Liriano up way before now. Imagine if they hadn't made that retarded Johan Santana trade and made full use out of Liriano. That'd be something. Either the Twinkies are really hurting financially as in "check's in the mail we swear but really pray for us please," or the 2006 divisional crown has made them so cavalier about their ability to win on the cheap that they really thought they could get away with holding Liriano in Rochester to forestall the arbitration clock and still finish in first place. And yet had it not been for Carlos Quentin, I believe they would've gotten away with it just fine.