TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/28/2008)

As for Raw, I enjoyed it again. I'm not sure if its because I've stopped reading spoilers, Raw has actually gotten better or if I just stopped caring, but Raw has been really fun to watch. Mike Adamle as GM interests me, as he cracks me up anyway, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

btw, who is HTM? Hornswoggle the Midget?

Honky Tonk Man, I'm assuming.

I liked the Summer Blockbusters themed SummerSlam commcerical (someone can feel free to tell me this aired during the Bash or last week's Raw, both of which I missed) but I wasn't quite sure why Hornswoggle and Finlay were dancing around on the Full House picnic hill while it said something about romance.

I liked the Summer Blockbusters themed SummerSlam commcerical (someone can feel free to tell me this aired during the Bash or last week's Raw, both of which I missed) but I wasn't quite sure why Hornswoggle and Finlay were dancing around on the Full House picnic hill while it said something about romance.

Yea this is one of those things that just seems fun, that WWE is able to put out, with Jericho as Indiana Jones and such. I think they did show it last week cause I seem to recall seeing it prior to last night. Finlay and Hornswoggle would have been laugable without the tag about romance....not sure why they mad that choice

I'm not aware of many father and son love stories, but I'm not exactly Mr. Cinema.

I would imagine you wouldn't need the title Mr Cinema to be aware of a father/son love story movie, the entire planet would know about it im sure. :)

Yeah, I didn't know what the Finlay/Hornswoggle stuff in the commercial was making fun of. I didn't know what the Batista stuff was making fun of either. And man, Mike Adamle GM of Raw? Thats awesome. I mean, that really shocked the hell out of me.

The only thing that makes me believe the Adamle wasn't part of a long term storyline, is that this company doesn't do long term planning.

I'd say it came to fruition about 3:30 yesterday afternoon

Dammit.

Noah Fentz got banned before I could say "I SAVED TEH BOARDZ!!!!"

God, he makes my arrogance look humbling

On topic: I actually thought Adamle would be the GM when he replaced Cole. It fit well with what Shane O Mac about how we'd see the GM soon

Adamle can go one of two ways = he can be the Roger "Verbal" Kint/Keyser Soze evil genius or he can be the inept sycophant who gets promoted over deserving people that everybody hates. The latter was played by Coachman, but I don't know if Adamle could pull off the former.

Another possibility I thought of is that Adamle could be the front, and somebody else is pulling his strings. If you want an evil genius out of this angle, it could be the player behind the scenes who's using Adamle. It would be a helluva a heel turn for Punk down the line if he was the mastermind.

On the whole I thhought Raw was top notch last night, from beginning to end. The Cena/Batista opening was solid in it established the two working together and it is a big money match. Their interactions together all night were effective.

I'm not a fan of D'Lo Brown, but he's a solid midcarder if nothing else. I love Santino and his trumpet celebration is great no matter how many times I see it. I don't like the Beth/Santino pairing, but if it leads to some wins for Santino I can live with it. I just think it hurts the Phoenix character. Why can't there ever just be a girl there for the competition?

The tag match didn't make much sense at the time, but it was definitely laying the ground work for the rest of the night. I don't know if I like Lawler holding his own against the tag champs, but if it gets Rhodes and Dibiase some identity and heat then so be it. I sorta liked the no-announcer aspect - too bad you can't mute the announcers without losing the croed reactions and ref/wrestler and crowd interactions. I could see Randy Orton coming back and forming a faction with Dibiase and Rhodes.

I wish Noble and Kingston was given more time, however fans don't care enough about them (yet) to stay interested.

MOTN goes to Punk vs Regal - I could watch those two work together every night. I'd love to see a Regal vs HBK feud before either hang up their boots. That one and Punk vs HBK are two must see feuds for me right now.

Punk did look a little ridiculous in the post match with JBL and Kane, it was like he was an afterthought to build the ME.

Jericho's highlight reel was compelling, but even as a big Jericho fan it was too bloody long.

Katie Lea is my favorite Diva at the moment. Mickie can work, but she is sometimes out of control in the ring. I want to see Katie work with any other experienced Diva, but Mickie is the only face diva at the moment, well Kelly Kelly, but she's still green as hell.

Oh, Katie Lea....be still my beating heart. I have a feeling this is all going to lead to Katie/Beth in a women's title feud, with Burchill/Santino as an IC feud. Maybe keep Kofi and Mickie in it as well and do a 3 way mixed tag feud, which would be something different.

Oh, Katie Lea....be still my beating heart. I have a feeling this is all going to lead to Katie/Beth in a women's title feud, with Burchill/Santino as an IC feud. Maybe keep Kofi and Mickie in it as well and do a 3 way mixed tag feud, which would be something different.

I like that idea.

The tag match didn't make much sense at the time, but it was definitely laying the ground work for the rest of the night.

I too, was very puzzled by this when it happened. I was thinking "what, they couldn't just have Hacksaw job in the ring? Cause Lord knows he has to be protected or something", then it turned out to be something brilliant with Adamle forcing Michael Cole to get beat down. I don't think Adamle is going to be a evil mastermind at all as GM. If he was going to, they wouldn't have hyped the anarchy style of the show in commercials. He's most likely going to be the GM that Shane picked to restore order to Raw, but he won't be able to control anything. After all, it is Mike Adamle! Its his gimmick that he's inept. I mean, who would want to see an intelligent Adamle?

Another possibility I thought of is that Adamle could be the front, and somebody else is pulling his strings. If you want an evil genius out of this angle, it could be the player behind the scenes who's using Adamle. It would be a helluva a heel turn for Punk down the line if he was the mastermind.

Jericho?

I got cussed out by James Storm, clearly that means I'm in the know on this wrasslin' business, right?

You know, I'm just not going to concern myself with the ignorance of responses like this.

Sure, you fuckin' rule.

When HTM is sleeping on your couch after a show, come talk to me.

Dave Batista threatend to kick my ass in the Calgary Saddledome parking lot, after I said Triple H was going to kick his ass at Wrestlemania 21, at a WWE press confrence... Beat that!

The tag match didn't make much sense at the time, but it was definitely laying the ground work for the rest of the night.

I too, was very puzzled by this when it happened. I was thinking "what, they couldn't just have Hacksaw job in the ring? Cause Lord knows he has to be protected or something", then it turned out to be something brilliant with Adamle forcing Michael Cole to get beat down. I don't think Adamle is going to be a evil mastermind at all as GM. If he was going to, they wouldn't have hyped the anarchy style of the show in commercials. He's most likely going to be the GM that Shane picked to restore order to Raw, but he won't be able to control anything. After all, it is Mike Adamle! Its his gimmick that he's inept. I mean, who would want to see an intelligent Adamle?

I think he very well could be inept, but he'll also have power to control. He'll think he's making great decisions that are ridiculous, telling jokes nobody else laughs at though totally oblivious to the fact. Basically he's going to be the inept manager that was promoted because the boss likes them, rather than because they are qualified. Everybody has had one of those in their careers. He'll power trip a bit as well - that's always part of the inept douchebag manager package.

While the Adamle angle interests me, i'm more pissed off that they are including Batista/Cena in on the whole thing for some reason. If Adamle wanted to "make a splash" so to speak with his first announcement, a multi-man JBL/Punk/Batista/Cena/Kane/Jericho match would've sufficed, but instead they waste the best WM 25 main event they have to offer.

Seriously does this company not believe in waiting for WM anymore to feature the best of the best match-ups? They've already given away HHH/Edge at GAB of all places as an afterthought of the Vickie storyline. What now does RAW have to offer in the main event that has as big a buzz around it as Cena/Batista would? Nothing with Orton or Punk i'd imagine, maybe Jerocho but i'd be surprised to see WWE put him at the top again. HBK is stale, Regal has a long way to go to restore his heat. Seriously, why not tease Cena/Batista till April when the fans are really salivating for it instead of putting them together by Adamle for no real reason?

I dunno....maybe it'll be worth it.

-Cheex

He's most likely going to be the GM that Shane picked to restore order to Raw, but he won't be able to control anything. After all, it is Mike Adamle! Its his gimmick that he's inept. I mean, who would want to see an intelligent Adamle?

So he's like Jack Tunney, in a way. Hated that guy when I was a kid too.

Big Dave's injury prone, what with the muscle tears and all.

Take the money match when you have the chance instead of an eight-month build to a title feud that may not make it to the blowoff match, I say.

I'm not sold that the Batista/Cena match will actually happen at Summer Slam. I think we could see other players added yet. IF it does happen I think it could be a mistake, or Cena and Batista could trade wins, and have the tie breaker match at WM, or HHH/Cena can have their tie-breaker match at WM. Summer Slam is one of wwe's Big Four, and Cena vs Batista there isn't a big stretch. I mean they gave Edge vs HHH away at GAB. From a business standpoint WM sells itself, the rest of the PPV's need help.

I don't know what they're going to do with Punk. I would hope for a Jericho/Punk program that would then lead to HBK returning, to give Punk another screwy finish or something. Punk vs JBL, or Punk vs Kane or any combination of the two in a multi-wrestler match is not the way to go here.

HBK might be stale overall, but he's still one of the best wrestlers on the roster. This HBK vs Jericho feud is compelling shit.

Logically speaking, why would Shane-O-Mac select the inept Adamle as GM, anyway? How are they going to explain this?

He had a great interview for the job or kissed the right persons ass. Maybe he and Vince are drinking buddies. How does inept douchebags get promoted at workplaces all across America - office politics or nepotism.

Maybe he was the only person that applied for the job.

As soon as Adamle got up and stood next to the apron when Shane came out, I kinda laughed to myself that it'd be him. And when it was, it's about the hardest I've marked out in years. Having Adamle as GM is one of the greatest, funniest, most bizarre things that's happened on Raw in forever. I'll admit to being a fan of Adamle because of the figure of fun he's become more than for his talents. But I don't care. I was literally smiling for about ten minutes straight after Raw ended, so they did something right in my book.

The funny thing is, he actually did a pretty good job on commentary as well.

Raw Is Adamle. I'll be watching.

Logically speaking, why would Shane-O-Mac select the inept Adamle as GM, anyway? How are they going to explain this?

It's wrestling

Enough said

Maybe we could ask Noah Frinz, he's booked wrestling for over 30 years don't you know. He has more experience then all the board members combined - do not attempt to understand till you've slept with HTM on your couch.