TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

New WWE Writer

So, I've checked the date and its not 1st April... what the hell?! Freddie 'Space Commander' Prinze Jr, is a writer for the WWE now? Has he ever wrote anything before? Has he started?

That's Freddie "WING Commander" Prinze Jr. to you, good sir.

If it doesn't work for him in creative (and I doubt it will, maybe six months at most) I wouldn't be shocked to see them offer him a role as a manager for the tag champs, good idea there that was mentioned by someone else. Some on air talent role for him on a semi-regular basis MIGHT actually work if the guy is hard up for actual acting work.

speaking of former Hollywood celebrities, the WWE needs to hire Kevin Federline full time

Easily one of the best heels they had in recent times. He knew the crowd hated his guts, and he ran with it.

I actually just read his blog and it's obvious he's a hardcore fan. He clearly watches all the shows (even ECW) and knows all the current storylines.

He seems to have an above average (smart) knowledge of the business. He does say some markish type things but he seems to have a grasp on how wrestlers get over and the little things that help them get over.

He's clearly been watching all his life so it's not like he's coming in cold (if that is even a positive with Vince).

I would say he has a shot at making it if being a die hard fan isn't held against him

And it baffles the mind that a man married to Sarah Michelle Gellar devotes so much time to watching and discussing pro wrestling. Actually quite surreal.

Considering how much changed in WWE, in terms of the new GM and especially the changes to the rumored SS card, I've gotta wonder how much Prinze actually had to do with it.

So, when did he join the writing team? Its never been Prince that's done the last month of WWE TV is it? Cos if it is... damn, I want to marry him :(

EDIT: I can't believe my 1,500th post is my declaring I want to marry Freddie Prinze Jr. Damn.

maybe we'll get Sarah Michelle Geller vs Mickie James at Wrestlemania?

Too bad Kevin Thorn and Ariel weren't still around...

I'd buy that PPV.

So, when did he join the writing team? Its never been Prince that's done the last month of WWE TV is it? Cos if it is... damn, I want to marry him :(

EDIT: I can't believe my 1,500th post is my declaring I want to marry Freddie Prinze Jr. Damn.

I think my 5000th or 6000th post on here was actually saying that I dont post much.

Wow, this is bizarre. Didn't see this coming at all. I actually heard that Brian Gerwitz has a different job, so he hasn't been the writer for about a month or so, so that could explain why Raw after the draft has been excellent. I really must have been the only one happy about Brian Gerwitz being removed as writer and HHH going to Smackdown, since I think the combination of the 2 is what killed Raw for about 6 years. When I saw the Raw where CM Punk won the title, and seeing how different and great of show it was, I knew something was going on backstage, and I really started to fear for Smackdown since they now have to deal with HHH taking over the show's direction. And that show looks really bad in the future. I too wonder if Freddie Prinze Jr. has been writing already or if he's even started yet.

Prinze will be more valuable as an on air talent than behind the scenes. make him a manager and give him a bit of mic time.

They might let him do both. Writers have had onscreen appearances before. The Great Khali's translator is a writer.

I know they're hoping for Sarah Michelle Gellar to get involved in an angle, but honestly, I think the last thing she'd want to do is get involved in wrestling. Her career is in trouble as it is.

It'll be interesting to see how long Prinze lasts: Most of the newcomers to the writing team get treated like crap and end up leaving. I assume he has a bit more leverage and Hayes & co will be slightly more respectful to him. I have to think he's getting paid a lot too.

I have an idea for Prinze as an on air talent leading to Wrestlemania next spring.

Have him be a face manager for a tag team. Make him the guy next door, an honest, hard working, man with high integrity that never cheats nor distracts the referee. Have him give promos about values and morals.

Show videos of him backstage analyzing film for hours to study the opponents. His tag team constantly has chances to be champions but always come up short because of honest rookie managerial mistakes by Prinze. The tag team decide to turn on prinze and in the process turn heel. They win the belt the next month. An underdog tag team decides to hire Prinze. Learning from past mistakes, Prinze brings his tag team to a tag title match at Wrestlemania vs the tag team that kicked him to the curb.

FPJr. speaks:

http://fans.wwe.com/freddieprinzejr/blog/2...hanks__and_wooo

Just to say thanks ... and wooo.

Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:46 PM EST [General]

First things first. THANK YOU.

Second - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for not writing individually but, wow, that was a serious email surprise. Thanks for the love fan nation. (and thanks to the few haters too, lol)

So it is true, I do have a new job and I don't have the words to describe how good it feels. HOWEVER, Will Ferell does, and in the words of Chaz, "I'M JUST LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!"

...A personal msg to my buddy back in L.A. who said I would never leave hollywood...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (the following is still directed toward my buddy)

So just remember vato, while you're acting on that set, jumping through hoops and worrying about your make-up ... I'll be straight kickin' it with Flair son, WOOOOOOOOOO! OH IN YOUR FACE!!! IN YOUR FACE SON!!! Hey how'd you like doing that interview where you got asked mad personal questions even though they promised they wouldn't, ON NATIONAL TV?!?!?! OH SNAP!!

alright i'm done venting.

SO what does this have to do with wrestling? not much, so here we go.

How sick does the ECW Championship look? I personally love it. I'm sure it will get mixed reviews, but i dig it.

Hardy VS Henry - woah. yes the frying pan was real. yes, the steel bar was real. yes, Mark Henry is no (enter expletive) joke. but matt hardy? Um, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting himself into. I've never seen anything less than his best on a PPV.

I don't really want to talk about the Beth/Santino/Freddie Prinze Jr. Love triangle story line that i'm working on, because it's NOT A STORY PEOPLE!!!! OH IT HURTS, BETH!!! Why do you torment me so?! Come on, my mom is italian! And i speak it molto meglio than he does! (think mejor like in spanish ... see not too hard to learn new languages) To those who have no idea what was written it was "MUCH BETTER." Look, it's painful to watch her taunt me like that, but i'm a team player Beth. I'm a team player..... /begins to drink

Ted DiBiase has all the tools. You are watching what will one day be a HUGE star. argue if you want but i know it when i see it.

Final thoughts

...(fan nation sighs in relief)...

If you noticed I haven't blogged much or emailed much since taking this job. Cut the superstars a break, they work more days a week than i do. I won't stop blogging, but it will be a bit less.

IF YOU GET THE CHANCE

Go to Tampa Florida and check out FCW it looks sick now.

BE A WRESTLER!!!

I'm not joking. There are less people trying to be wrestlers than actors, the odds alone are in your favor. You want to be creative? ask Jeff Hardy if he gets the chance to express himself? you want to show the world you can act? then come act? Ask Dwayne The Rock Johnson how wrestling worked out for him? "but freddie, i'm into MMA." That's cool, come do it in the wrestling ring. Last time I checked, MMA wasn't banging down your door, and for what anyway? Get your grill re-arranged it 19-20 so when you're 28 and your body hurts you finally get a chance to maybe be on a televised card so you can ...... wait for it ...... wait for it .... MAKE NO DOUGH AND GET YOUR FACE REARRANGED AGAIN!!! only to never be on tv again, because you lost. I can't remember the last time Santino won a match (Tag team don't count) but homey is working. WRESTLING PEOPLE! You know you want some. Now come and get some!

For Fan Nation!

WOOOOOOOOOO!

ugh, I feel ashamed for semi-defending him earlier on. That was terrible. His previous posts had at least some semblance of wrestling knowledge though.

I'm wondering if he read too many of Ashley Massaro's blogs lately?

ugh, I feel ashamed for semi-defending him earlier on. That was terrible. His previous posts had at least some semblance of wrestling knowledge though.

I'm wondering if he read too many of Ashley Massaro's blogs lately?

I thought Ashley hacked into his account.

What the hell was he talking about with the Beth/Santino stuff?

He was trying to make a joke that he and Beth also have some sort of a relationship and that he's better then Santino. I wonder if the scripts for his sitcom were done in this fashion.

This is from JR's blog yesterday:

Freddie Prinze, Jr. is going to be involved creatively in the Smackdown brand from what I gather. Freddie is a big time wrestling fan and seems like a respectful and intelligent individual in the brief moment that we had to say hello a day or two ago . It will be interesting to see Freddie’s future contributions within the unique, WWE community. Freddie has achieved some great success in Hollywood but the WWE is a much different animal that most perceive until they enter the "WWE Universe". I just hope that Friday Night Smackdown continues to feature more wrestling than not which is what I feel is still the WWE’s most uniquely, marketable asset, in ring wrestling.