TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (7/29/2008)

On Monday Night Raw, Shane McMahon made the startling announcement that Mike Adamle is in fact the new Raw General Manager. But, where does that leave the broadcast situation with ECW on Sci Fi? Will a new commentator be joining Tazz in the Land of the Extreme? Or will Adamle be moonlighting on Tuesday Nights?

With Matt Hardy’s victory in a Fatal Four Way Match against Finlay, The Miz and John Morrison last week on ECW, Hardy secured a chance to face Mark Henry for ECW gold at SummerSlam. Does Hardy have what it takes to face the World’s Strongest Champion? Or will Henry again prove his dominance in the Land of the Extreme? Who will both competitors face in the weeks leading up to SummerSlam? More on this story…

Colin Delaney’s betrayal of former ally Tommy Dreamer at The Great American Bash came back to haunt the young Superstar when he had to face the ECW Original this week. While Delaney may have joined forces with Henry and WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas, he was on his own during his match with Dreamer, which he lost. What’s next for Delaney now that he’s made a new alliance? Will this be the last Delaney sees from his former friend, Dreamer? Since Dreamer couldn’t claim ECW gold from Henry at the Bash, will the Original continue to persist in his quest for the championship?

ECW newcomer Evan Bourne has proven to be a fierce competitor in the Land of the Extreme. Thanks to picking up wins against Nunzio, Chavo Guerrero and James Curtis throughout the last three weeks, the high-flying youngster is on a winning streak. After defeating Curtis, Guerrero and his bodyguard, Bam Neely, tried to attack Bourne, but were unsuccessful. Who will be able to stop Bourne? Does the newcomer have hopes for championship gold?

Find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning into ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT, and SummerSlam, live, and only on pay-per-view, Aug. 17 at 8/7 CT.

does Joey Styles take back the mic tonight, or do they have someone new to take over for Adamle?

Jim Ross and Meltzer have both mentioned Grisham is getting the nod.

I want another NTI debut tonight. We had two before it seemed to be dropped (of course they now claim Bourne was an NTI debut but he wasn't). Either that or I want Elijah Burke back under his new gimmick/look. Hell give me both.

I think it would be cool if Matt knocked Henry out at the PPV with the bent bar.

I love how Bourne left Ortiz laying in the ring. Why don't Chavo and Bam go after him again?

Bourne looks like a male cheerleader when he plays the crowd - pumps his fist in the air and gives a "yeah" while smiling for ear to ear.

All that is missing is the classic 'A-OK' gesture to give to the crowd when he escapes potential peril.

And holy shit, that Winner/Loser wristband deal was great.

I have to admit, Grisham isn't bad in his 1st outing.

So far, so good. He really isn't horrible. I like the fact that he isn't so over the top. He's calm and doesn't yell (so far in this, his first episode of ECW).

During his entrance, Morrison went to a fan that had his arm extended. He pulled out a long black object and slapped it on the fan's wrist. The band said Loser, Morrison then showed his to the camera. It said Winner.

Tremendous.

Finlay and Mike fucking Knox could have a stiff brawl.

And I like Grisham a lot. The guy got some flak for being uninformed while doing commentary on the Benoit DVD, but he has a good announcer's voice and seems to know what he's talking about.

It's been a decent show so far, keeping me entertained enough. Grisham isn't anywhere near as awful as Adamle was, he's just kind of standard. Nothing he says makes you really think he's awesome, yet he doesn't fuck up often either or come off goofy.

The opening promo with Hardy and Henry was alright for what it was, Matt played to his strengths on the mic about never giving up, etc, better than probably expected. Tony Atlas did a great coward heel move by talking shit to Hardy, and then quickly moving backwards, behind Henry.

Was it just me or was Ortiz's ring entrance taking forever? I didn't see many even responding, ironically enough. Chavo/Ortiz was actually ok, Chavo carried him to a better match than his first, that is for sure. The ending was a little predictable, but it sets up Ortiz/Bourne-Chavo/Bam deal, probably a tag next week.

Miz/Morrison was also better than I expected, since it followed a different formula of a standard tag....much better than that ppv match they had a while ago that saw the midget get continously beat down, building to the Finlay tag. This time around it was the other way, Finlay was getting beat down bigtime, the midget tagged in, and then immediately got a more realistic finish from there. I don't need to see the Finlay family tag team anymore, BTW. If that means having to sit through a Mike Knox/Finlay feud, so be it. I already like the story already, Knox calling Finlay "soft." Might be better than one would think, if they just kick the shit out of each other.

Either Chris Harris did the worst scripted promo of his life or else he was trying to be that condesending and is going to turn heel on Matt Hardy. Nice inside "he's a real wildcat" part there from Hardy, I'm sure that was in a script.