TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Who needs a turn?

I would first like to start off with two questions.

#1. What exactly is Batista currently at the moment? Face, Heel, or Tweener?

#2. Why did Kane turn heel, assuming he is a heel currently.

With those questions out of the way, since things aren't as stale as they were before the draft, now that we got a few good weeks in and the lead up to Summerslam starting, who in your books should turn?

My picks:

Triple H. He's VERY limited as a face on Smackdown. Turn him heel and he's got Taker, Hardy, Kennedy, Big Show. While as a face, he's got Edge who he's done with, Khali, will be done with, and Umaga. Doesn't smell like ratings to me. Plus he's been face for over 2 years, I think his longest face run ever. It time for a turn.

CM Punk. With Raw stacked with faces, his promo skills are better suited for a heel. Plus, all the talk of Punk being a great heel makes me want to actually see this.

Batista. Since I am not sure at all what he is at the moment, I want him to turn into a monster heel. Since Jericho already turned heel, with Batista and a returning Orton that makes a good three headed heel monster that Cena, Michaels and Mysterio can alternate with. Plus, I'd like to see a Rey vs. Batista feud, it never really happened while they were on Smackdown.

Before I typed this I thought there were more guys that I thought needed a turn, but really, the biggest turn that can make a difference for quite a few careers would be a Triple H turn.

Your picks?

I'm not sure if they should turn Punk yet, but turning Triple H and Batista full heel would be a nice start. Then Kennedy could begin his rise to the #1 face position on Smackdown (save for Taker).

So far, from the very limited amount I've seen of Kennedy (I haven't watched wrestling in six years), the dude could be the next Rock.

And isn't Batista a face right now? He attacked Edge and all the night Punk became #1.

Sorry, I think this is my first time posting in this folder. Sorry if I'm sounding dumb.

I might be in the minority, but I'd like to see them go and turn Umaga into a monster face. They teased it for a split second a few months ago, and then suddenly dropped it.

I might be in the minority, but I'd like to see them go and turn Umaga into a monster face. They teased it for a split second a few months ago, and then suddenly dropped it.

They've maxed out his use as a heel for the time being, but SD! is already stacked with babyfaces right now (HHH, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy).

Is Big Show a heel?

They've maxed out his use as a heel for the time being, but SD! is already stacked with babyfaces right now (HHH, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy).

Is Big Show a heel?

No. But wasn't he originally suppose to be? Until Mayweather turned heel that is. Now that I think about it Kennedy should just go back to being a heel. I see no usefulness right now for him to be a face.

I like how people just assume that Kennedy is getting a main event push. The guy has blown that chance twice. Well, for my pick of who I turn heel, I go with the obvious, Cena. He should have turned heel in 2006, but WWE thought it would be more fun to shove him down our throats as a boring face. I don't want Batista to turn heel at all, since I think it will kill his career if he teams with Orton. As for Big Show, I too have been confused with his character ever since his return. I couldn't tell what brand he was supposed to be on, or whether if he's a heel or a face. Very bizarre.

Cena as a heel would be interesting.

Plus, when Orton comes back, they could team again...which was a pretty good team that one night they teamed up against the rest of the Raw roster.

Cena ain't turning. He shouldn't turn. Your #1 guy(which Cena is regardless) should always be a face and Cena does a better job than anyone at being the top face of a huge wrestling organization.

Cena ain't turning. He shouldn't turn. Your #1 guy(which Cena is regardless) should always be a face and Cena does a better job than anyone at being the top face of a huge wrestling organization.

THE ROCK and SCSA took turns being heels after being # 1 guys

Cena is boring and bland -- he needs a turn more than anyone on the roster IMO

Khali. The angry Punjabi monster shtick has run it's course, people don't seem to care and he's already lost to all the big faces (sans HHH, at time of writing of course). I know they already have The Big Show to play the big friendly giant, but Khali could be a different kind of BFG. One that doesn't realise he's becoming more popular until a heel points out he's no longer the monster and he's now a joke, at which point he squashes them.

I don't think people care enough about his ringwork to boo him, but they seem to react okay when he's doing his incomprehensible rambling. So why not run with it. Give him a weekly segment where he talks to someone who doesn't understand, with hilarious consquences. Have a segment hyping a new WWE agony aunt where 'fans write in for relationship advice' and once the first letter is read, have it turn out to be Khali who gives his own special advice, with hilarious consequences. Hell, rip off the angle where Slick was trying to make Kamala human, have him go out into the real world every week and try different jobs and activities, with hilarious consequences.

ANYTHING but slow walk, weak chop, raises arms and yell, rinse repeat.

You're on to something there, King.

We can come back from commercial to have a close up of Khali talking in a soft and saddened tone, and then pan out to reveal Khali lying on a psychiatrists couch, talking to a doctor, who just sits there having no clue what Khali's saying.

And, of course, cut to a three second shot of Khali in the back reading the Wall Street Journal or Financial Times, and then cut to another scene of someone else.

Khali. The angry Punjabi monster shtick has run it's course, people don't seem to care and he's already lost to all the big faces (sans HHH, at time of writing of course). I know they already have The Big Show to play the big friendly giant, but Khali could be a different kind of BFG. One that doesn't realise he's becoming more popular until a heel points out he's no longer the monster and he's now a joke, at which point he squashes them.

I don't think people care enough about his ringwork to boo him, but they seem to react okay when he's doing his incomprehensible rambling. So why not run with it. Give him a weekly segment where he talks to someone who doesn't understand, with hilarious consquences. Have a segment hyping a new WWE agony aunt where 'fans write in for relationship advice' and once the first letter is read, have it turn out to be Khali who gives his own special advice, with hilarious consequences. Hell, rip off the angle where Slick was trying to make Kamala human, have him go out into the real world every week and try different jobs and activities, with hilarious consequences.

ANYTHING but slow walk, weak chop, raises arms and yell, rinse repeat.

Seeing as I understand hindi, I can actually work out and understand what Khali says. He basically says something along the lines of, I will beat you and kill you you motherfucker, every single time he's about to wrestle.

I would like to see Batista turn full blown heel, possibly Punk, but I reckon that should wait until after Unforgiven where he can be like I have had the strap for 3 months, I've proved I'm good, so fuck you.

I think it highly doubtful that Punk is going to turn. With the focus being towards kid friendly, it seems the WWE wants Cena and Punk to be the two faces of RAW.

Heels:

Batista

London

HHH

Kennedy

Faces:

Khali

Umaga

Cade

I really like Triple H... but it's time for a turn. I just think he's bland as a face, I even didn't like his D-X Face-Run with Shawn Michaels... and that was supposed to be "cool" or whatever. But I want to ask here... what would you guys think if Edge would be the FACE and would feud against Triple H? I don't know if this could work... but it would be interesting.

I would also LOVE a CM Punk Heelturn. As someone who watched his RoH work, especially the promos, I would Mark-Out for a turn. Which then would lead to a CM Punk - Shawn Michaels Feud... that's a Feud/Match I want to see before Shawn Michaels retires for good.

HHH turning heel is a dilemma since Edge is already SD's top heel. It would take a trade of Edge to Raw for someone else and then maybe HHH could turn. Frankly HHH, while still pretty good in the ring, is so utterly stale as either heel or face that I don't know what they can do with him at this point that hasn't been done.

I'd like to see Khali turn face. He's shown moments of amusing whimsy on SD, such as his celebratory dancing with the Indian chicks and his gifts to Big Show.

As far as Batista goes, I like what he's doing now. What exactly can he do to turn heel? He attacked UT and left him laying, then went back to his usual role. He has beaten Punk down but really isn't getting a heel reaction. Would him kicking Cena's ass really turn him heel?

Anyone remember the fucking monster face pop Khali got last year on RAW during the battle royal, when he layed-waste to most of the guys in the ring? I think Khali could really excel as a face if given the chance. He has some great comedic moments like offering Big Show a handful of peace offerings and yelling at the speaker phone when the guy hung up on he and Vince during the million dollar giveaway. I'm not saying the guy should get a lengthy run as world champion, but I think it would be something different for him. I also wish WWE would either change-up his attire just a little, or at least give him back his badass wrist gauntlets from his first couple months in the company.

SD:

Trips as Heel (he and Edge can duke it out over the next few months to see who is top heel in the brand)

Khali as comedy-monster face (i like some of the ideas suggested here already)

Umaga goes face as well (his scary heel act seems stale and I personally don't buy him as a threat at all anymore. He needs a change-up)

Raw:

Batista as heel (someone big needs to turn and he's a good fit for the role)

I like the idea of HHH as a heel and nice to see some agree. As for Edge, no need to turn him too. I say have a heel vs. heel feud of HHH and Edge. It can be similar to the Angle-HHH feud during the love triangle period.

And Austin's heel turn was a complete failure!

Turning Cena heel would be about the dumbest move they could make

In all fairness though, Austin was hurt for a while in 2001, and they made the mistake of finally having Austin join his nemesis, Vince. That just killed their business. And Austin couldn't get over as a heel since he had those hilarious skits with Kurt Angle. I mean, who would boo that? I too think its time for a Khali face turn. The gifts to Big Show segment is what made me realize this, and the Big Show came off looking like a huge jerk in that segment. Thats why I can't figure out if Big Show is a heel or face, he seems like he does both. The fans have never accepted Cena's monster push from day 1, so its a good idea to turn him heel. Also if they are so afraid to turn a guy heel, then that means he isn't really a star. I mean if a guy really is popular, he would sell merchandise as a heel or face, since he would have fans. See, Edge is actually a star, since he's got fans regardless. I know Edge got booed in 2004, but guess what, they finally turned him heel! And people love to hate him.

You're on to something there, King.

We can come back from commercial to have a close up of Khali talking in a soft and saddened tone, and then pan out to reveal Khali lying on a psychiatrists couch, talking to a doctor, who just sits there having no clue what Khali's saying.

And, of course, cut to a three second shot of Khali in the back reading the Wall Street Journal or Financial Times, and then cut to another scene of someone else.

But if he's to be a successful face, he'll have to dumb it down a shade.

Ranjin: "Today Khali, I've got you a job at the local McDonalds outlet, like normal American people who like you. This is going to be great!"

*Guy pulls up at drive-though*

Khali: "UNGHAGUGHGUNGIIGUHGH!!"

Guy: "Oh man, I hate these damn things. I'm sorry, I can't understand you!"

*Khali pokes his head out of the window*

Khali: "UNGHAGUGHGUNGIIGUHGH!!"

*Khali hands the guy an obviously wrong order*

Guy: "Hey, this isn't what I ordered! Are you some kind of moron, I wanted two french fries, a large Coke..."

*KHALI CHOP~!, guy slumps unconscious against wheel, Khali steals and eats the food*

And, ratings go up.

Why, WHY, didn't the WWE sign you guys to be a creative writer? This shit for Khali should make this creative team win an oscar or something.

This can be just like the Mr. Perfect PERFECT promos, except we'll call them Khali's Korner.

Hollywood Hogan, brother

Hogan was already being booed in WCW at that point anyway by some people, and his popularity was waning. PLUS he was barely on TV leading up to when he turned.