TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Okay so the trailer was released recently at Comic-Con and can be seen in shitty quality on YouTube but I don't care. Watching that had me jumping up and down like a kid. Final cast looks awesome and I love the diversity of mutants in this. I have no doubts in my mind that this will likely end up being better then X3 and maybe X2 and the first one. Watching the trailer you can hear the audience freak out when they see Gambit and I had a very similar reaction.

Cast

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool

Will.i.am as Kestrel

Danny Houston as William Stryker

Lynn Collins as Silver Fox

Tyler Kitsch as Gambit

Kevin Durand as The Blob

Dominic Monaghan as Barnell

Daniel Henney as Maverick

Scott Adkins as Weapon XI

Rumors are going around that we'll see mutants like Professor X and Cyclops make cameos. I can only hope that soon enough we'll be getting the Nightcrawler spinoff they've been talking about since X2.

Apparently, Brian Cox wanted to come back as William Stryker but they went with Danny Huston instead. Cox was hoping they could do the digital altering effects they did with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-Men 3 to make him look younger. I would imagine, though, that it's a costly and lengthy process to do that so it makes sense to go ahead and cast younger right from the get-go. Too bad, because Brian Cox is good in pretty much everything he does, but ah well, it won't affect this one at all. This should be a fun movie.

I imagine, like most comic book movies nowadays that we'll be getting a trilogy out of this because there's already talk of a sequel being set in Japan which I imagine would venture into Lady Deathstrike/Silver Samurai territory.

Ryan Reynolds seems like way too big of an actor to be cast in what will probably be a relatively minor supporting role so I'm praying that means they're planning a Deadpool movie.

Oh and Will.i.am?? Awesome, they cast a rapper in his first movie role in this.

I too am glad to see Ryan Reynolds cast as Deadpool. I hope they retain some of the character's smartass-ness from the comics. Deadpool is still a bit of a sarcastic smartass isn't he? I haven't read the X-Men comics in years.

Well, they already pulled down the trailer from youtube. And I doubt we'd ever see the Nightcrawler movie unless they react Kurt- Alan Cummings has said, IIRC, he hated the make-up and wouldn't play the role again.

What does Gambit have to do with Wolverine's origin? I can't remember.. or is this not canon from the comics?

Also. Love the casting of Danny Huston. If they couldn't use Cox, Huston is the perfect replacement. Like Cox, Huston is pretty much amazing in anything he touches.

Not sure about Liev as Sabretooth, though. I wonder why they just didn't go with Tyler Mane?

Oh, and Durand as the Blob? That should be pretty interesting to see him in a fat suit. Durand plays such a great heel.

Fuck I can't wait for this!

It seems like a fairly serious film, but I wonder if Deadpool will break down the 4th wall like he was always known to do in the comics

dubq- From what I know Gambit doesn't play any kind of a role in Wolverine's story when he was first starting out. From what I can gather from the trailer this is about Wolverine and Sabretooth being recruited into the Weapon X program which is where we'll encounter Deadpool, Silver Fox and the others. Blob is for sure a villain in this, likely the same for Barnell and maybe even Gambit too. Also, from what I've read Tyler Mane really wanted in for this movie but they went with Schreiber who, it has to be said looks pretty damn good in the trailer at least in terms of voice and appearance.

So cool. I have to take back my doubts about Liev as Sabretooth.. he totally looks the role, from what I just saw in the trailer.

The one thing that I can say right now that's going to suck is that it's a 99.9% lock that this movie is going to be PG-13. I want a goddamn adult comic book movie coming out for fucks sake.

Well I guess they figure Victor Creed will have a much much bigger role here than he did in X-Men, so it makes sense to get a guy with some decent acting chops as opposed to the former pro wrestler. I'm thinking we'll have smart and cunning yet psychotic and savage Sabertooth as opposed to hulking lummox brute Sabertooth here.

Wasn't The Dark Knight pretty adult like? I too, am very excited for this movie, as I am a mark for Wolverine (then again, who isn't). The casting of Reynolds as Deadpool was spot on. I too think this movie has the potential to be better than the X-Men movies, as there are fewer characters to focus on now.

Well I guess they figure Victor Creed will have a much much bigger role here than he did in X-Men, so it makes sense to get a guy with some decent acting chops as opposed to the former pro wrestler. I'm thinking we'll have smart and cunning yet psychotic and savage Sabertooth as opposed to hulking lummox brute Sabertooth here.

Word to that. After seeing the trailer I'm really psyched for Schreiber in this. He looks totally bad ass.

I was chatting over Facebook with my brother about this and he seemed hyped on it. Then I got this message...

"So, it has will.i.am in it.....I am considerably less enthused."

I'm totally with you on this needing to be rated R. Dark night was cool and all but there were for sure some parts that they cut away from violence that stuck out to me.

Rumors are going around that we'll see mutants like Professor X and Cyclops make cameos.

A friend of mine has the role of Cyclops, so I can say that that's definitely not just a rumour.

I don't know if I'd be looking forward to this were he not in it, though, but I'll have to go see it.

Rumors are going around that we'll see mutants like Professor X and Cyclops make cameos.

A friend of mine has the role of Cyclops, so I can say that that's definitely not just a rumour.

I don't know if I'd be looking forward to this were he not in it, though, but I'll have to go see it.

Unless your friend is James Marsden, I'm not going to care too much.

Unless your friend is James Marsden, I'm not going to care too much.

Nah, he's 22 but looks about 15, so they're going for a very youthful Scott Summers, I'd suggest.

I wasn't looking forward to it, but man that trailer looked COOL.

Since the first two X-Men movies were pretty much Wolverine + supporting mutants anyways, I'm just going to think of this as X3 and ignore that Ratner abortion. Especially with a young Stryker. I suppose they'll have to explain the lameness of Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie, but ehhh who cares.

Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth is just awesome. With the fangs he had the PERFECT Sabretooth face. Loved seeing them two as army buddies.

I too think this movie will be much better received than the X-Men movies, as those movies always had people complaining that Wolverine is way too much of the focus and ignores the other mutants. Not that those movies get bad reviews or anything (except for 3), but I personally never had a problem with Wolverine being a huge focus, since I think he's the only member of the X-Men who draws a dime. Didn't the comic almost get cancelled until they added Wolverine?

I too think this movie will be much better received than the X-Men movies, as those movies always had people complaining that Wolverine is way too much of the focus and ignores the other mutants. Not that those movies get bad reviews or anything (except for 3), but I personally never had a problem with Wolverine being a huge focus, since I think he's the only member of the X-Men who draws a dime. Didn't the comic almost get cancelled until they added Wolverine?

It was less about Wolverine's addition and moreso Claremont/Byrne churning out amazing material. Wolverine didn't become the defacto X-Man until the mid 1980s.