TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Well, I kinda thought that everthing went right when they added Wolverine, including good stories, and mutants being added that became really popular. I don't think anyone gave a damn about that X-Men stuff from the 60's.

It was less about Wolverine's addition and moreso Claremont/Byrne churning out amazing material. Wolverine didn't become the defacto X-Man until the mid 1980s.

Claremont and anyone, really. Cockrum, Byrne, Cockrum again, Paul Smith, JRJR... the guy had a run of some awesome artists until Silvestri.

Well, I kinda thought that everthing went right when they added Wolverine, including good stories, and mutants being added that became really popular. I don't anyone gave a damn about that X-Men stuff from the 60's.

There is an element of truth to that, but I think it was just a case of right place, right time for the muties.

And I don't care what anyone says, Gambit sucks.

I just had this tought last night after seeing Iron Man for the second time. Does anyone think that Marvel will make a play for Hugh Jackman to appear in the Avengers movie as Wolverine? Since he is a "New Avenger" and all.. and there probably isn't going to be an X4. I thought that would be kind of cool. Or would that be too much star power for one movie?

Deadpool? Cool.

Ryan Renolds? Not so cool.

You kidding me? Ryan Reynolds is awesome.

I've always been a fan of Ryan Reynold's since his time on on Two Guys and Girl. Too bad he has just been choosing a lot of shitty roles as of late.

Yeah, I like Reynolds too, and think that he should be a bigger star than he his, but like what AntiLeaf said, he's been in shitty movies. Waiting was probably the best movie that he was in. Even though Blade Trinity was terrible, he was the only good thing about it.

Deadpool? Cool.

You kidding me? Ryan Reynolds is awesome.

Name one film he's been in that was good. And I mean really good.

... Nah, not really.

That's my problem with Renolds. He's never been in a good movie and he's not even been good in said bad films. So why do people like him? The guy is just a poor mans Jason Lee.

That's my problem with Renolds. He's never been in a good movie and he's not even been good in said bad films. So why do people like him? The guy is just a poor mans Jason Lee.

Reynolds is the only reason to watch Blade Trinity. Its one of the biggest examples of someone carrying a movie on their back.

Saying Reynolds was the best thing in Blade Trinity is like saying the best thing about being shot in the ass is the ice cream.

It's still not a good thing.

I have to agree with Luke here, Blade Trinity was pretty terrible regardless of Reynolds.

My hate for Reynolds is really just a personal thing becuase he's boinking my obssession, Scarlett Jo...silly and selfish, I know, but DAMN HIM! I'm going to HATE!

Deadpool? Cool.

Considering Deadpool was a wisecracking jokester... Reynolds will be good for this role.

And I enjoyed Just Friends,

Supposedly, the word going around is that depending on how well Wolverine does at the box office will determine if X-Men 4 gets made or not.

What does Gambit have to do with Wolverine's origin?

Nothing. It was done just for fan service since Gambit got shafted from being in the X-Men trilogy.

Name one film he's been in that was good. And I mean really good.

I thought he was great in Waiting and Just Friends.

I don't think there will be anymore X-Men movies. Too many characters died in the last one, Wolverine goes loner at the end, I guess Magneto becomes a normal human, and Storm is now the leader of the team. Who would want to see an X-Men 4 starring Halle Berry? Plus they now have spinoff movies like Wolverine, and I think a Magneto one is in development as well, since spinoffs usually mean that the series it came from is done.

Although X-Men 4 being made would probably be difficult (older actors either wanting more money or wanting to move on), I just hope it gets made because X-Men 3 just ended on such a shitty note. I'd rather have Marvel continue with it, maybe more focus on the younger X-Men team members, rather than rebooting the entire movie franchise.

I don't want an X-Men 4, since I don't think it will be any better than X-Men 3, and I just don't think the series has momentum anymore because of that movie. I know they have the throwaway thing in the credits proving Prof. X is alive, and they tease that Magneto still has powers, but there just isn't any demand for another one. I'm much more interested in these Wolverine/Magneto spinoff movies rather than another X-Men movie.

Agreed. No need for X4. That franchise is fucked beyond repair. I am psyched for Wolverine's own flick.. but not so much for Magneto.

A Magneto spin-off movie would be a hard sell, since the mainstream will think its weird that there is a movie of a villain. I think Sony is planning on doing a Venom spinoff movie, but I have no idea how they could do it, unless they ignore Spider-Man 3.

See Lush's comment. Basically, if Bucky can come back from the dead and become Captain America, anything is possible.

I think X-Men is still viable - they just need to ditch Halle Berry. Use a core of Iceman, Kitty and Colossus and go from there.