TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

WrestleMania 25

I think that they just don't know how to hold off so long for a big angle...

This is EXACTLY what Stephanie McMahon has been quoted as saying she's unhappy about. She wants to see more long-term storylines, but it seems angles are resolved in a mere matter of weeks.

I suspect she will get what she wants, at least to a certain degree, so I believe a transition, of sorts, lies ahead.

What I mean by that is you'll be seeing angles unfold more slowly in the future with more twists and swerves than in the previous year or so. It's hard to tell what the future brings when the process of storytelling is transitioning into a whole new way of telling the story.

I hope they keep going with Jericho/HBK cause that's had an interesting long term build.

While I think the feud is great, I don't think there is anyway they can milk it as far as Mania for their blowoff match. At most, I give the feud until Survivor Series, at the very latest.

They should have bigger things for Michaels for Mania anyway. If they could keep the strong heel character with Jericho fresh til Mania, and they protect Punk til then, I would love to see that program built for one of Mania's world title matches.

While I think the feud is great, I don't think there is anyway they can milk it as far as Mania for their blowoff match. At most, I give the feud until Survivor Series, at the very latest.

They should have bigger things for Michaels for Mania anyway. If they could keep the strong heel character with Jericho fresh til Mania, and they protect Punk til then, I would love to see that program built for one of Mania's world title matches.

Yeah, I wish WWE woud do that for their WrestleMania title match too. I think the Jericho/HBK/Batista storyline is by far the best storyline of the year. Even before Raw became a great show after the draft, I could tell something good was about to happen to that show during that feud, since it was a storyline that was very mature and complex than anything Raw did from 2002-2007, so I felt that a good change was coming.

i wouldn't mind seeing a gimmick added to a tlc match and Mania... hmmm maybe barbwire ropes!

I can't vouch for most of the guys in the foreign promotions, but IMO almost all of the names I recognize on that list are better workers than Michaels.

Nah, i bet most of the names are made up.

i wouldn't mind seeing a gimmick added to a tlc match and Mania... hmmm maybe barbwire ropes!

I can't vouch for most of the guys in the foreign promotions, but IMO almost all of the names I recognize on that list are better workers than Michaels.

What? No, those names are real.

And wow, chaosrage always shows up the minute HBK is mentioned. And his emoticons came back too!

What? No, those names are real.

And wow, chaosrage always shows up the minute HBK is mentioned. And his emoticons came back too!

Emoticons? I think you're confusing me with somebody else. I don't recall ever using that many emoticons or anybody saying that I did.

But yeah, I haven't made a post on the WWE board in a long time. (Post history says last December) I'm glad to be remembered.

registered over there and my post defending Shawn was deleted.... aparently me and chaosrage are " harmless rubes " whatever that means....

I'm disappointed they couldn't wait for WM to book Cena Vs. Batista.

I'd like to see Jericho win the Royal Rumble and main event Wrestlemania, but I don't think he'll be playing face again for a long time.

I could see them booking Kennedy Vs. HHH

I'd love to see Shawn Michaels Vs. Undertaker, but I wouldn't be surprised if they booked Cena Vs. Undertaker.

I wouldn't be shocked if they did Taker vs. HHH, since that is the only credible main event for Smackdown to have at WM.

It already happend at Wrestlemania, in Houston(where it is this year) none the less... I see them pushing someone new on SD! to main event WM.

It already happend at Wrestlemania, in Houston(where it is this year) none the less... I see them pushing someone new on SD! to main event WM.

Ha! I never thought of that before, that this show is in Houston as well, but I think that match has a shot at happening. HHH isn't going to elevate anyone and unless they do some lame 3 or 4-way, I think the Taker is the only option.

Ha! I never thought of that before, that this show is in Houston as well, but I think that match has a shot at happening. HHH isn't going to elevate anyone and unless they do some lame 3 or 4-way, I think the Taker is the only option.

This isn't the HHH of 2000-2003, he'll elevate someone if it's the best business... And at this point there are a lot of potential big time stars for the WWE(I.E. MVP, Kennedy, Hardy, even though he has put over Hardy in the past), where he will have to put someone over.

"I don't recognize them" as in, I'm not familiar with their work.

here's what I would like to see for WM 25 off the top of my head:

World Heavyweight title:

Batista © vs CM Punk vs John Cena

WWE Title:

Triple H © vs Undertaker

ECW Title:

John Morrison © vs Evan Bourne

Divas Champ vs Women's Champ:

Natayla vs Beth Phoenix

Money In the Bank:

Kofi Kingston vs Shelton vs MVP vs The Miz vs Matt Hardy vs Umaga

Last Man Standing:

HBK vs Jericho

Jeff Hardy vs Mark Henry

and of course the preshow battle royal with everyone left over

MITB V

The Brian Kendrick, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Lance Cade, The Miz, Shelton Benjamin, Ted DiBiase

...With a rising stars theme, maybe some pun with Lone Star state

ECW Championship

John Morrison vs. (ch) Matt Hardy

Far and away the two top guys in ECW

Some sort of Playboy match

"Texas Deathmatch" Hardcore Battle Royal

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, JBL, Kane, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Umaga, William Regal

Winner gets any match vs. any superstar he wants at Backlash... for a title, revenge, or both

WWE Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. (ch) The Big Show

Jeff Hardy wins the Rumble, but Show jobs instead of Hunter or Edge just in case Jeff fucks up again

Triple H vs. Edge

Edge has been the top heel in the company for nearly 3 years. He deserves a big, big win at Wrestlemania

World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena vs. Batista

They'll probably headline another big PPV between Summerslam and Wrestlemania, this would be the rubber match... doesn't matter which guy is champion... maybe it's vacant, maybe it's the culmination of a Road to Wrestlemania chase tournament

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

One of them eliminates the other in the Rumble for the third straight year and they build an interbrand program out of it... it could be a "Career Ending" match if one guy wants to retire or take extended time off (they'll be 43 and 44)

Punk/Orton/Cena main event or if Punk is out of the title chase, Cena/Orton.

Batista/Jericho

HBK will probably have a retirement match

If Jeff doesn't win the Rumble then I can see HHH/Taker part 1291029 for the title.

I remember Stone Cold saying he had one more good match in him, so I wonder if he could make good on that at XXV. Austin / Cena, Austin / Orton, or even Austin / Edge would be neat.

I remember Stone Cold saying he had one more good match in him, so I wonder if he could make good on that at XXV. Austin / Cena, Austin / Orton, or even Austin / Edge would be neat.

Austin /Cena could work fairly well. Neither guy is over technical with their move set. Doesn't make either guy look bad. Don't know if Austin would be able to take an STFU though....depends on how his neck is.

here's what I would like to see for WM 25 off the top of my head:

Divas Champ vs Women's Champ:

Natayla vs Beth Phoenix

Unified titles?

Money In the Bank:

Kofi Kingston vs Shelton vs MVP vs The Miz vs Matt Hardy vs Umaga

It would be great to see Shelton win, but fail when he uses the MIB option, even though it should be an easy win. I could see the "can't succeed no matter how hard he tries" angle for Shelton.

The best way I could see that work is if Undertaker is the champ, gets his ass kicked, Shelton tries to capitalize and Taker sits up and beats the crap out of him.

I think the marquee match is real simple and real easy to see. Trips v Taker. Everything else will be secondary, and all I can hope is that they make it NOT for the World Title, as that match does not need the World Title to make it special.

The Streak vs The Game

The Undertaker vs Triple H

WWE Championship

Edge © vs CM Punk (Royal Rumble Winner)

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Jericho © vs John Cena

Former Evolution Collide

Randy Orton vs Batista

Thats your big 4. MVP can win MitB (That includes Rey, Shelton, Bourne and Hardyz) Also do a Trainer vs Trainee match with Kendricks and HBK. Think of ways for Finley, Kane, JBL, Kennedy, Umaga and Show to fill out the card. Do a womans match

Krofatt, Williams and Scorpio as part of that list is laughable.

You know how you know HBK is one of the best wrestlers ever? Because every wrestler says so. Guys like Scorpio get mad props from internet fans, but you will never here a wrestler says Scorpio was better than Shawn Michaels.

Lists like these (much like that list on the DVD board about wrestlers better than Lance Storm) really show how little the fans care to take into when the decide who is better than whom. Sandman maybe better than Shawn?!? Get real.

Four Way Former Evolution Members for Title - HHH v. Batista v. Orton v. Flair

HW Title - Punk v. Michaels

Taker v. Cena

Money in the Bank - Kofi v. Jericho v. D-Lo v. Edge v. Benjamin v. MVP

Jeff Hardy v. Matt Hardy

Kane v. Mysterio

Umaga v. Big Show

Hogan v. Austin - About as crappy as a match as can be, but would still make huge money

I think Batista/Cena rematch is all but penciled in. Batista got the clean win, wins the title from Punk and then Cena gets his win back at Wrestlemania.

As for SD, I think Taker/Hunter is probably going to happen. I really wish they would have Michaels stay out until at least the Rumble and then come back to set up the blowoff with Jericho at Wrestlemania in a First Blood or Street Fight.

I see:

World Heavyweight Title

Batista Vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

MVP Vs. HHH

Stone Cold Vs. Randy Orton

Chris Jericho Vs. The Undertaker

CM Punk Vs. Shawn Michaels

Matt Hardy Vs. Shelton Benjamin

Jeff Hardy Vs. Edge

Austin wants to have a good match, not a hype match if he comes back. I think he'd virtually get to pick his oppnent, and wouldn't be surprised if he picked a upper card but not main eventer type. Austin is a big Kennedy fan, but I don't know if he'd be the pick. Maybe somebody like MVP, a real student of the game type that Austin could "make".

If he came back I'd hope he'd be as equally as motivated on the mic as he is reported to be with having a good match. He's lazy as hell with his promo's in every recent "special appearance. Really paint by numbers and boring.

Austin vs Cena would be a huge hype match but I don't know about the workrate. Austin vs Orton and Austin vs Jericho would both sell well and have the potential to have better matches.

I see Punk/Triple H. Somehow. One loses their title, wins the rumble and goes after the other. That's a match that I wish they'd think of taking advantage of ... plenty of time to build it, figure out who turns, etc.