TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

WrestleMania 25

For RAW's main event, they should book CM Punk Vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title.

Orton wins the title, Punk wins the Royal Rumble.

Punk gets revenge and the title back at Mania.

If you have Undertaker for a third straight year in a big main-event, I would rather see him vs Michaels than him vs HHH. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels never had any interaction in eleven years save for the last two Rumbles. The crowd were going crazy for them in 2007 and they had one of the best Rumble moments ever in the showdown of WWE legends. It would be the "freshest" of their availlable programs (as fresh as a feud between two mainstays can be) and would be a better match and better build-up than Taker vs HHH would be.

Undertaker/HHH matches never really clicked in the past. Their KOTR 2002 match was awful and I didn't found their Wrestlemania XVII match to be all that great. Except for the sledgehammer spot, it was the same WWE Attitude main-event formula you saw in 98-99 where you brawl all over the place for 10 minutes. I'm not saying it was a bad match, but nothing stood out of the ordinary. If you make Undertaker vs HHH, the political battles would be much more interesting than the wrestling build-up. HHH won't play the usual role where he beats up Undertaker in a way we've never seen before only to be scared of the smoke-and-mirror effects and eating Tombstone in the end.

A HHH vs Undertaker feud will eventually happen but, for Wrestlemania, I'd much rather see The Streak vs Mr. Wrestlemania vs The Streak vs The Game.

If you have Undertaker for a third straight year in a big main-event, I would rather see him vs Michaels than him vs HHH. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels never had any interaction in eleven years save for the last two Rumbles. The crowd were going crazy for them in 2007 and they had one of the best Rumble moments ever in the showdown of WWE legends. It would be the "freshest" of their availlable programs (as fresh as a feud between two mainstays can be) and would be a better match and better build-up than Taker vs HHH would be.

Undertaker/HHH matches never really clicked in the past. Their KOTR 2002 match was awful and I didn't found their Wrestlemania XVII match to be all that great. Except for the sledgehammer spot, it was the same WWE Attitude main-event formula you saw in 98-99 where you brawl all over the place for 10 minutes. I'm not saying it was a bad match, but nothing stood out of the ordinary. If you make Undertaker vs HHH, the political battles would be much more interesting than the wrestling build-up. HHH won't play the usual role where he beats up Undertaker in a way we've never seen before only to be scared of the smoke-and-mirror effects and eating Tombstone in the end.

A HHH vs Undertaker feud will eventually happen but, for Wrestlemania, I'd much rather see The Streak vs Mr. Wrestlemania vs The Streak vs The Game.

That and the two main Texas superstars battling each other makes sense as well, especially with Taker living in Houston. Shawn would be the pseudo-heel coming out of San Antonio. They could even play it up like this:

Shawn retired Ric Flair at WM24...

He's going to retire the Streak at WM25.

Here's the thing with these special anniversary Wrestlemanias (XX, 23(kinda), 25). I think that the matches on these shows should all fit one of the following descriptions:

A. The final showdown between two guys who have been feuding for a long time (atleast 4-6 months), or between two guys who have feuded on and off for a couple years with a few big matches thrown in (see Rock vs Austin at 19)

B. An "old vs. new" match featuring the best of today against the best of the past (see..idk, Jericho vs HBK at 19)

C. A great, first-time technical match that people have been waiting to see based on the performers' previous in ring work (see Angle vs Brock at..wow, 19).

D. Two legends going at it for the first time in years (see HBK vs Flair).

E. A passing of the torch match where someone finally breaks through into superstardom (see Benoit vs HBK vs HHH)

I agree with this formula and I think it's the one that was used at WM 3 and WM 8, and WM 17.

Austin should be back for the HOF. Do with him what they did with Flair this year. Being from Texas and so on it will be over easily. I like the Taker/HBK match idea better than HHH/Taker too. They can go in a lot of different stories with HBK/Taker making that option A or even Cena/HHH(which might be the reason why they have them on two different shows). They might be doing that with Cena/Batista too.

Austin against someone like Cena would be option B

C. is up in there right now imo

D. HBK/Taker fit this as well

E. Austin's return match(he's the only guy who I actually think will come back for the event

If you have Undertaker for a third straight year in a big main-event, I would rather see him vs Michaels than him vs HHH. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels never had any interaction in eleven years save for the last two Rumbles.

Taker & Michaels never had any interaction?? How bout their program in 97 culminating in the Michaels' heel turn, the formation of DX, the invention of Hell in a Cell, & the debut of Kane.

"Mr. WrestleMania" vs. "The WrestleMania Streak" is a better marketing element for the 25th show than HHH/Taker imo. Throw in HBK retiring Ric Flair last year ending one all-time great and push the fact he may be the one to end the all-time great Mania record. The battle of Texas. They could even do HBK/Austin again too if they want playing off WM 14 and its significance with HBK wanting to Ric Flair Austin in Texas with ending his career(I'm not too sold on Austin returning for a match though).

When has Austin even hinted at returning for a match at Mania?

There's been rumblings that he's said he has one match left in him. With Wrestlemania in Texas and probably a Hall of Fame spot waiting for him that weekend, WM25 looks to be the best possible event for "one more match".

However, I couldn't see him giving that honor to Shawn. It'd either have to be against another mega name like Hogan/Cena, to put over a future star or a comedy/brawl type match that doesn't hurt the other guy by doing a job and protects Austin.

I think Austin-Cena would be THE money program, espcially if they give Cena some of his edge back. The could do the whole "passing the tourch" stuff. The probleme would be that the WM crowd, esp. in Texas, would probably shit all over it. In that case I would have Cena beat Austin to a bloody mess, then the next night on Raw Austin comes out as says he can respect anyone who can give out that kind of ass whopping and they down some beers.

New Fantasy Card: (winners in bold)

Batista © vs Cena - World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H © vs Edge vs Kennedy - WWE Championship

10-man Hardcore Battle Royal for ECW Championship: Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer vs Gregory Helms vs Evan Bourne vs Chavo Guerrero vs Mike Knox vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Ricky Ortiz vs Umaga

HBK vs Undertaker

CM Punk vs MVP - Raw vs Smackdown

Orton vs Austin

Shelton vs Kofi vs Jeff Hardy vs Kendrick vs Rey Mysterio vs JBL vs R-Truth vs Jericho - MITB

Mickie James vs Katie Lea - Women's Championship

Team Priceless vs Miz/Morrison vs Cryme Tyme vs Los Colons - Tag Title Unification Match

Big Show vs Kane

Santino © vs William Regal - Intercontinental Championship

EDIT: If Hogan were available but not willing to face Austin, I would give Kane a spot in the ECW Battle Royal and do Big Show vs Hogan.

I really don't see Triple H vs Undertaker happening.

A. It's already happened at a Mania.

B. Their matches with each other haven't been anything great.

C. There's no way they're doing two face vs face title matches.

If they dont do Taker vs HBK then someone at WWE has seroiusly lost the plot.

Its not just the most logical match (Mr Wrestlemania vs The Streak: Its in Texas, they are both Texans:) they have also not faced against each other for years and their interactions they have had have been great (Royal Rumble 2007).

Its almost too obvoius to go with HBK vs Taker.

Its not just the most logical match (Mr Wrestlemania vs The Streak: Its in Texas, they are both Texans:) they have also not faced against each other for years and their interactions they have had have been great (Royal Rumble 2007).

No.

No.

Thanks for your excellent contribution!

I wouldn't mind if they did HBK v. Taker, given that it's been 11 years since they hooked up and they've teased it at two Royal Rumbles. Plus, I hate Taker's streak and I hate HBK, so him beating HBK wouldn't bother me too much.

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Match

Chris Jericho vs. Dave Batista vs. Shawn Micheals vs. CM Punk

WWE Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. The Undertaker

Money in the Bank V

Shelton Benjamin vs. R-Truth vs. THE Brian Kendrick vs. Hurricane Helms vs. Kane vs. Umaga vs. Rey Misterio vs. Evan Bourne

ECW Championship

Matt Hardy vs. Finlay

#1 Contender's Match: WWE Championship

Triple H vs. The Big Show vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton

WWE Tag Team Championship

John Morrison & The Miz vs. Carlito & Primo Colon

WWE Women's Championship

Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill

WWE Divas Championship

Michelle McCool vs. Natalya Neidhart vs. Victoria

No.

Thanks for your excellent contribution!

I wouldn't mind if they did HBK v. Taker, given that it's been 11 years since they hooked up and they've teased it at two Royal Rumbles. Plus, I hate Taker's streak and I hate HBK, so him beating HBK wouldn't bother me too much.

There wasn't any need for an "excellent" contribution. I don't want to see this match. Then again, I'm not one of those people furiously masturbating to some throwaway segment in the Royal Rumble, in hopes of seeing a match between a broken down 43 year old man and a broken down 44 year old man. It's in Texas, which means they will want their big Texas politicking superstars with wins (unless one is facing Triple H, and only then will all bets be off) at the 25th edition of the biggest show of the year. It's a terrible reasoning to want to see the match just because "it wouldn't bother" you.

So to restate, "no".

They have started and finished the last two Rumbles, that's a little more than a throwaway segement.

No, since nothing materialized out of it each time, it was EXACTLY a throwaway segment. And presuming something happens at Mania 25 because of it, doesn't really count.

No, it wasn't a throwaway segment. They had one of the best endings of an Rumble ever in 2007, then in 2008 they were the 1st two guys in the Rumble, the match was basically booked around them until they both got eliminated, then they had that little showdown after Shawn eliminated Taker.

That's ridiculous.

This. By the same token, if you don't want to watch Japanese matches between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Shinsuke Nakamura, then you shouldn't watch pro wrestling.

Pro wrestling has always been about variety. You don't want to see two old men lock up? That's fine, that's what Punk vs Orton is for. You don't want to see Triple H hold down talent? Here's John Cena for you then. You don't want to see Santino Marella put on horrible skits played to laughs of the lesser intelligent folks, that's what Kofi Kingston or MVP or etc is for. Just because I had my fill of Taker/HBK to last me a lifetime in 1996/1997/1998 doesn't mean I'm not a fan of wrestling.

But thanks for the input.

I think what Next USC means by Taker/Shawn being a throwaway segment in the Rumble was because it never lead to a feud or a match at Wrestlemania or anything. I personally think it was done just to give the 07 Rumble an epic finish to it, and that was one of the best Rumbles. Would Cena even be back in time for WM next year? I thought his injury was for at least a year or so. And I would like to see Taker/Shawn at WM next year, but I just don't see WWE doing it, since HHH needs a challenger, and Taker is obviously going to be that guy. That match will also be a political nightmare backstage too.

There wasn't any need for an "excellent" contribution. I don't want to see this match.

What are you, Dandy now?

I'm not one of those people furiously masturbating to some throwaway segment in the Royal Rumble

It wasn't really a throwaway segment since it was the focal point of two Royal Rumbles.

in hopes of seeing a match between a broken down 43 year old man and a broken down 44 year old man.

While they are both getting older and not in the prime of the careers, they know how to work a big main event match. Michaels might be "broken down", but the dude can still go in the ring.

It's in Texas, which means they will want their big Texas politicking superstars with wins (unless one is facing Triple H, and only then will all bets be off) at the 25th edition of the biggest show of the year. It's a terrible reasoning to want to see the match just because "it wouldn't bother" you.

The story writes itself. They haven't faced off since 1998, had the two Rumble interactions with each one eliminating the other, HBK is "Mr. Wrestlemania", Taker is 16-0 at Wrestlemania, last year HBK ended the career of Ric Flair, this year can he try to end the streak in Taker's backyard? Plus, they're both Texans.

Really, the feud writes itself and I'd rather Taker v. HBK then Taker going for the World Title again or dicking around with a scrub like Mark Henry.

So to restate, "no".