TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Mike Adamle: The Thread

Alright, now that he's..................... ugh............. Raw GM, where does he go from here?

From debuting at the Rumble to the tune of WDEF Championship and Jeff Harvey to The Tazz to now as Raw's GM. It's been a strange few months for him and most can attribute him to even being on TV due to that contract. Is it that clear that he's a heel? I mean some just think he's an idiot, but now as the Raw figurehead, where's he going?

So a few quick things to throw out here.

Where do you see Mike Adamle, Raw GM, as going? Is he gonna draw enough heat as Vickie Guerrerro? We were all skeptical about that at first but some would say she is the #1 heel in the company now and a non-wrestler at that.

Book him. You make him a super heel that's just out for revenge? Or do you make him the idiot booker? Constantly makes matches but messes them up?

I like the idea of him messing with the whole roster except for Kofi that was mentioned in the Raw thread.

Lastly, how long does he stay GM? Is this q quick fix until Vince returns or what?

I think they might be going for the Steve Carrell in The Office type character. Means well, but he's a terrible boss and no one respects him. Ideally he'll treat Kofi exactly like Stanley is treated in The Office.

He definitely needs to be booked as an idiot. When I was seeing Raw commercials hyping the whole anarchy atmosphere, and seeing Shane and Stephanie at the beginning of the shows, I knew that if they had a GM, the whole point is for Shane to try and restore order to Raw, but the GM just can't do anything about it. I think its pretty obvious this will happen now, since Adamle is the guy they picked. This should make for some very funny television.

I feel he's hit his peak by somehow turning the announcement of the first ever match between two HUGE babyfaces into the least exciting sentence ever spoken.

That was quite the feat right there; he announces the match, and all you get from the crowd is a very light boo and then total indifference. That takes talent, to officially announce the biggest match Raw can have, and yet have the crowd not give a damn.

Plus most people were dumbfounded that Adamle was GM, period.

Honestly, I don't care how they book him, it should be entertaining whether it's in a positive way or a negative way. I can just sit back and forget about politics, sensible booking, is this smart booking, did the way Punk say that line mean he's being buried and just smile and relax in the fact that they actually made Mike Adamle GM of the #1 live show in wrestling. Some things just don't need serious thought or reason.

We may get both angles that I thought about. First would be Adamle acting like a goof and being unable to stem the anarchy on Raw. That is obvious. Then at some point we might get him turning heel and revealing he isn't really a moron, but no one will believe him.

They should get random ex-American Gladiators to show up as his personal security when everyone inevitably tries to intimidate him.

"Hey, have you met my friend Laser?"

Now I really want a Jillian vs. Siren match.

Jillian: singing awfully

Siren: uhm, I may be deaf but even I know you suck.

and then she procedes to beat the crap out of Jillian with a giant q-tip.

I like the way we were left hanging. That crowd was terrible, anyway, so I don't think their indifference to the match is totally on him.

I'm rooting for the dead serious GM who takes no sides and chooses to fuck everyone over, but am wary of that being more of what we've already seen from the GM position. That or buffoon Adamle would all lead to the same continuing chaos anyway.

They can't continue the "gimmick" of him being a moron. That was only fun when he did stuff on purpose, and once they obviously starting booking him that way to do things on purpose (even though he did still do stupid stuff unintentionally), it was already getting old.

I like the idea of making him an evil genius who slithered his way to the top without anyone even noticing. They could have it be something where they intentionally gave the job to who they thought would be the worst person possible for whatever reason, only to have it backfire in their face.

The only problem with that angle is that he couldn't even accidentally do stupid stuff anymore, and I don't know if that's possible.

I said it in the CTDWAT but I think Adamle really needs to just be deadpan and quite serious, but in a super sarcastic way. And he has to mess with EVERYONE. He also shouldn't be swayed by any compliments. If they try, it should be answered with a "you all made fun of me, screw you" type of response and then some crazy wrath.

I also stand by my idea that Kofi Kingston should get special treatment, even though he does not want it.

I'm telling you. This is all just a set up to Vince's Ego Eposide 2453935521.6. Adamale will do a horrible job as GM, creating even more chaos than there was with no GM present. Vince will eventually return and fire him. He'll then probably piss all over Stephanie & Shane for doing a horrible job while he was away, and he'll probably feud with them too.. again. I don't know how you can't see this shit coming from miles away. ;P

I wonder if Adamle is going to punish JBL for what he said to him when he joined Adamle and King on commentary.(I remember JBL telling him something to the effect that he belongs on the home shopping network, and to shut his mouth and let 2 Hall Of Famers call the match.) Considering that JBL wanted to lobby the new gm for his chance at The World Title at S.S., I'll be disappointed if they pretend this never happened.

Honestly, considering JBL jobbed out to Punk the very night Punk won the belt why do we need to see that match again on PPV? I'd much rather see Jericho/Punk at SS.

Honestly, considering JBL jobbed out to Punk the very night Punk won the belt why do we need to see that match again on PPV? I'd much rather see Jericho/Punk at SS.

I agree. I was just trying to speculate,(storyline wise), how an apparent new heel gm will deny JBL's request to be added into the title picture at S.S. JBL ripping Adamle before he knew he was the new Raw GM is their way out.

I'm telling you. This is all just a set up to Vince's Ego Eposide 2453935521.6. Adamale will do a horrible job as GM, creating even more chaos than there was with no GM present. Vince will eventually return and fire him. He'll then probably piss all over Stephanie & Shane for doing a horrible job while he was away, and he'll probably feud with them too.. again. I don't know how you can't see this shit coming from miles away. ;P

Oh, trust me, I always see this stuff a mile away whenever Vince is gone. I always look at my Doomsday clock of when Vince will return, and try to think of what stupid storyline he'll do next to try and draw ratings, gain mainstream fans, and then have it completely backfire on him. Examples: Limo angle/bastard son Hornswoggle.

They should get random ex-American Gladiators to show up as his personal security when everyone inevitably tries to intimidate him.

yes.

He should come to the ring in the Atlasphere

yes.

He should come to the ring in the Atlasphere

Tony Atlas will be pissed that he's not getting royalties on that name. I smell a Raw-ECW feud to spark the rumored transition.