TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

Impact Spoilers for 8/7

Froom Gerweck.net

(1) Roxxi d. Jackie Moore with Traci as the guest referee.

(2) Sonjay Dutt d. Curry Man. After the match Val came down to the ring crying about losing her wedding ring and Dutt hugs her. The other two members of the Prince Justice Brother Hood Shark Boy and Super Eric come down and show Val that the ring is in Dutt's tights. Sonjay acts like he has no idea how it got there. Val slaps him and leaves.

(3) Jay Lethal & Creed (They dropped the first part of his name for some reason) d. The Motorcity Machine Guns. After the match Shelley shoved Sabin and walked off.

(4) Christian, Rhino and LAX d. Beer Money & Team 3D.

(5) Awesome Kong d. Salinas.

(6) Samoa Joe, BG James, AJ Styles & Matt Morgan d. Tomko, Kurt Angle, Kip James and Booker T in a weapons match. Joe pinned Tomko.

- The lights go out and Sting is shown in the rafters.

Well, here we go again with another feuding tag team. This time the very over and popular Machine Guns. When will TNA get it.

Goofy turn in the Val/Dutt deal, but nothing surprises me with that storyline anymore.

There was reportedly some sort of gauntlet match that was supposed to be taped as well (this was the match that Nash was balking at the finish of) but perhaps the reports got twisted and he was supposed to be in the eight man weapons match or something?

I think its a huge mistake to break up Sabin and Shelley, by the way.

The only thing I can think is this is all a ruse, and they are going to make it seem like they are turning on each other just to get back at BM in the long run.

That was apparently also Tomko's swan song, as he parted ways with TNA. He's been in the doghouse since ditching the Lockdown fanfest in Boston to stay in Japan for IGF. Quite a shame too, since he grew into a much better worker and was getting very over in a way similar to Batista's original face turn, but then they kept him heel and kept him away from being a major part of big programs.

Kevin Nash walked out of TV last night regarding the booking of what was called another pointless Gauntlet (Rumble) style 10-man match that was taped for the 8/7 Impact show. It was not just a Gauntlet match, but also a weapons match. Nash was to get eliminated during a commercial break and he thought it was stupid. Everything has been worked out at least to where he's still with the company.

Kurt Angle was injured in that match when he took a bad hardway shot with the ladder and was bleeding profusely, to the point it alarmed everyone.

From Meltzer.

Kevin Nash walked out of TV last night regarding the booking of what was called another pointless Gauntlet (Rumble) style 10-man match that was taped for the 8/7 Impact show. It was not just a Gauntlet match, but also a weapons match. Nash was to get eliminated during a commercial break and he thought it was stupid. Everything has been worked out at least to where he's still with the company.

Kurt Angle was injured in that match when he took a bad hardway shot with the ladder and was bleeding profusely, to the point it alarmed everyone.

From Meltzer.

Nothing new with Nash, though having someone eliminated during a commercial break is beyond stupid on any level.

Going to miss Tomko. The guy had improved by leaps and bounds since his days in WWE.

It's sad to think (or know) Kurt Angle is probably going to die in a wrestling ring one day. If he doesn't die, he will most likely be on the business end of a career-ending neck injury. Shame too, I really enjoy his matches, but I think he sometimes pushes himself too hard.

Nash had a point.

Too bad, about Tomko. The guy could've been the biggest face in the company, but they turned him heel for no reason and fucked him up. But hey, it's TNA.

I'm starting to worry about Kurt, I don't like the guy, but I don't want too see him crippled or dead.

I actually completely agree with Nash. Given the current storyline with Joe it would be goofy to see Nash eliminated with no fanfare during a commercial break.

Can't say it shocks me that Tomko is leaving, but what a waste. The guy went from being one of the worst workers in the business in WWE to shockingly getting it with his Japan dates and also in TNA. Last year he would have had to be the Most Improved wrestler.

Nash had a point.

Too bad, about Tomko. The guy could've been the biggest face in the company, but they turned him heel for no reason and fucked him up. But hey, it's TNA.

I don't think he could have been the biggest face in the company. That's just retarded. And lest we forget that it was he that fucked up with the roids and got himself suspended.

The tapings sound stupid and I will be pissed if they split MCMG without giving them anything.

Nash had a point.

I don't think he could have been the biggest face in the company. That's just retarded. And lest we forget that it was he that fucked up with the roids and got himself suspended.

The tapings sound stupid and I will be pissed if they split MCMG without giving them anything.

I don't remember anything about steroids having anything to do with him being off tv. He decided to work a show in Japan against the higher ups wishes.

I thought there was just a booking mix up and Tomko went to Japan instead of being at the fanfest? It had nothing to do with doing what he wanted or steroids, diffently not the steroids, it was just a booking mix up that upset the TNA officals because it messed a few things up for the fanfest.

I agree with Nash as well, him being in the match itself doesn't make much sense, plus having the weapons match is kinda pointless as well since they're trying to build up the six sides of steel with weapons attached to the cage. You'd think TNA would kinda stay away from doing a weapons match until the Pay Per View but then again this is TNA where if their doing a certain kind of gimmick match for their PPV they say "LETS DO AS MANY VARIATIONS OF THAT MATCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE HAND!!".

This isn't an overstatement or a knee-jerk reaction to reading these spoilers.. but the Guns are the actual only reason I'd watch TNA.

To break them up, Team Priceless aside (guilty pleasure) they're the only team in North America that I have any interest in right now, would be down-right stupidity.

I completely agree with Nash. I would have had a fit too if I was a big star in the company, only to find out you get eliminated during the commercial break. I always hate that booking, as it clearly shows that a guy is buried and means nothing. Tomko getting released is really sad, since I think Tomko was the best part of TNA late last year and early this year, as he was the only guy in TNA who seemed like a normal person during that whole Angle Alliance/AJ Styles stuff, where they both tried to get him to join their team. His character really went downhill though, when TNA turned him heel, and had him join Angle's stable, after months of him refusing to join them.

Nash had a point.

I don't remember anything about steroids having anything to do with him being off tv. He decided to work a show in Japan against the higher ups wishes.

Oh, I thought he failed a drugs test which is why he was off TV because he "got hurt in an MMA fight in Japan". My bad.

I would have had a fit too if I was a big star in the company, only to find out you get eliminated during the commercial break.

You honestly think Kevin Nash is the biggest star in the company? Bigger then Sting, Angle, or Booker?

Yeah, I don't think Nash is the biggest star in the company or anything, but I would call Nash a big star since he gets paid a lot of money by TNA, and is always featured a lot on TV in important angles, like the 06 X-division stuff, and the current storyline of being Samoa Joe's mentor. I do consider Nash a bigger star than Booker though, and maybe even Angle, but yeah, he isn't a bigger star than Sting.

Yeah, TNA does have some very cheesy 2nd rate names for things. Like calling the women's division the knockouts division, having Frankie Kazarian just be Kaz, and a lot of the women's workers have very stripper sounding names.