TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

Ric Flair gone from WWE?

From Davey Meltz:

Several independent promotes have been told today by representatives of Ric Flair that Flair has parted company with WWE and will be available for independent bookings. The public portrayal is that it was an amicable parting of the ways related to WWE not allowing Flair to take offers that he was wanting to accept.

I guess that explains why there was never a 2nd ep to wwe.com's "Stylin & Profilin".

The group that represents Ric Flair, The Gillespie Agency, are sending out the following email:

"Ric Flair is no longer under contract with WWE. It was a friendly parting which will allow Ric to pursue things that were rejected by WWE in the past. And it will mean a more streamlined process than ever before. Just you guys and me and Ric. Let’s pull something together and make some money!"

The bookings refer to the fact he wasn't allowed to show up at NWA Legends autograph sessions or things of that nature. Don't look for Flair to wrestle Nate Webb at the next Border City Wrestling show.

This probably explains why on Raw in Canada they announced a cancellation of a WWE approved autograph session. This is a good thing (since it was amicable) for all parties since WWE can pretty much get Flair to show up if they need him to do something and Flair can rake in some money from indy promoters looking to sell high priced tickets just so people can have a meet and greet with Flair before the show.

Flair will come back when he needs the money.

I know ROH wanted to have him come in and shake hands with Kenta Kobashi.

Flair can probably make a killing on the indy scene signing autographs and being a special ref and locking bad guys in figure 4s without taking bumps.

Flair can probably make a killing on the indy scene signing autographs and being a special ref and locking bad guys in figure 4s without taking bumps.

Isn't the general concenssus that Flair regularly needs the money now?

That's just things i've heard in passing of conversation.

Isn't the general concenssus [sic] that Flair regularly needs the money now?

That's just things i've heard in passing of conversation.

I think he's fine now, since I would hope he paid off all his debt to IRS and he settled his divorce.

But Flair's not known for saving his money

Eric Bischoff had a line I can't quite recall at Starrcade 98 that was pretty spot on. I gather people thought it was in poor taste in 1998 but watching it on 24/7 last December, it seemed pretty spot on. Something like "Ric Flair is 88 years old and keeps wrestling because he hasn't saved a dime".

I can't believe it took that long for someone to do that (relatively speaking - it was only two posts later).

To quote "Joker's Millions":

Joker: I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the I.R.S.? No, thank you!

I'd think we'll see Flair in WWE once again not too long after Reid shows up for the first time.

Reid already left WWE developmental, he's more of an immature headcase then teddy hart.

This could be another ill-advised business/financial decision on Flair's part. If it's something that allows him to still make WWE appearances while making these other ones, that's one thing. But I doubt that's the case.

He's almost 60...he should not be wrestling anymore. It's sad but I think he'll be another guy he won't be able to enjoy retirement. Seeing him wrestle on the independent circuit would be pathetic.

I'd think we'll see Flair in WWE once again not too long after Reid shows up for the first time.

Reid already left WWE developmental, he's more of an immature headcase then teddy hart.

Left? I thought Reid never even bothered to show up?

I don't recall seeing that.... Too much skimming the WON for me

I thought it was Ricky Steamboat Jr training w/ George South.

he's training both of them (Flair/Steamboat)

as for Ric

I don't think he's going to wrestle anymore. The only match he would probably take is a 1 shot 45 minute+ match with Sting. Probably not in TNA. Maybe ROH?

I can't believe it took that long for someone to do that (relatively speaking - it was only two posts later).

To quote "Joker's Millions":

Joker: I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the I.R.S.? No, thank you!

:headbang:

FPJr. speaks:

http://fans.wwe.com/freddieprinzejr/blog/2...hanks__and_wooo

Just to say thanks ... and wooo.

So just remember vato, while you're acting on that set, jumping through hoops and worrying about your make-up ... I'll be straight kickin' it with Flair son, WOOOOOOOOOO! OH IN YOUR FACE!!! IN YOUR FACE SON!!!

I just want to see the sad look on Freddy's face when he shows up and Ric isn't there.

Chances are we'll probably still see Flair pop up in WWE from time to time...he just won't be under a regular contract.

Also, what the hell would be the point of "Flair showing up in ROH to shake Kobashi's hand?"

From wwe.com

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE.

Ouch, they don't even wish him well in his future endeavors.