TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

Ric Flair gone from WWE?

Reid's gone? Shame. I thought he had potential, unlike his brother.

Gone from WWE developmental, but not from wrestling. He's training with George South (alongside Ricky Steamboat's son and Bobby Eaton's son):

flair_steamboat_south_eaton.jpg

Hey, I thought Ric Flair retired. What's with this "available for independant bookings" crap? Sounds like he's been getting some bad ideas from Brett Favre. Har har har.

Gone from WWE developmental, but not from wrestling. He's training with George South (alongside Ricky Steamboat's son and Bobby Eaton's son):

flair_steamboat_south_eaton.jpg

That, right there, is f'n cool. Isn't Curt Hennig's son also getting into the biz?

I think Curt's daughter is. Not sure about his son, though.

EDIT: I guess both are, actually.

From Wiki:

Hennig's son Joe is currently pursuing a career in pro-wrestling, and is being trained by Harley Race. Joe Hennig has wrestled as talent-enhancement on WWE television and has taken to wearing a style of singlet similar to that of his father.

Hennig's daughter Amy is also currently pursuing a career in pro-wrestling and is reported to have undergone a one week evaluation training session with WWE's former development territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling and recently WWE has signed her to a development deal.

He was never in WWE developmental. He was just training in the same area.

He was signed to a WWE developmental contract for FCW in January. He was never assigned or used, however.

It didn't take Flair long to accept bookings...

He'll be in Pell City, Alabama (Just east of Birmingham) on August 23rd doing a guest appearance for Global Championship Wrestling (Benefiting the family of a fallen police officer)

http://www.gcwpro.com

(I bring this up because this is my "local" promotion and been following it for years. They have a history of being able to bring in some pretty big names every now and then)

In an interview with Charleston.net, Ric Flair commented on his departure from WWE. “WWE and I parted on the best of terms. This gives me the chance to pursue new opportunities … corporate speaking engagements, product sponsorships, autograph shows for my loyal fans (who made me what I am today) and film and television roles. My agent and I are very excited about what the future holds.” He also stated that there are no hard feelings with Vince, “I’m 59 years old and I’ve never stood on own two feet without wrestling. I need to find out if I can. Vince can’t prop me up forever."

“I just can’t leave the money on the table anymore,” said Flair, who was forced in recent months to forego a number of business opportunities, including a 30-city autograph signing tour of old NWA towns that would have netted him in excess of $300,000.