TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Arlovski vs Barnett was the original main event for the second Affliction show, and that WAS the date it was set for after getting pushed back a time or two. So it's just an old posting

I'm not against guys getting paid, but these are the payouts from the first Affliction show, not counting win bonuses.

* Tim Sylvia - $800,000

* Andrei Arlovski - $750,000

* Josh Barnett - $300,000

* Fedor Emelianenko - $300,000

* Matt Lindland - $300,000

* Ben Rothwell - $250,000

* Vitor Belfort - $140,000

* Renato Sobral - $90,000

* Paul Buentello - $80,000

* Pedro Rizzo - $70,000

* Antonio Nogueira - $50,000

* Mike Whitehead - $50,000

* Terry Martin - $30,000

* Gary Goodridge - $25,000

* Mike Pyle - $20,000

* Fabio Negao - $20,000

* Edwin Dewees - $15,000

* Mark Hominick - $10,000

* Savant Young - $7,000

* Justin Levens - $6,000

* JJ Ambrose - $5,000

* Ray Lizama - $3,000

That's over $3 million in salary. The UFC has never even come close to that number.

I dunno if they can make it running shows like this. Again, I'm not against guys getting paid all they can, but they're throwing money around like WCW. Ben Rothwell is a good fighter, but no way does his name get him $250k. Beuntello getting $80 is nuts, guy is barely a known name and is best known for getting clipped by Arlovski and losing in 15 seconds. I understand that the stars like Fedor, Arlovski, and Big Tim getting monster paydays, but the demand isn't there for most of the other guys, at least not to the point of paying them that much

I really hope this company can survive, but I'm not too hopeful. Looking forward to tomorrow's show

Arlovski vs Barnett was the original main event for the second Affliction show, and that WAS the date it was set for after getting pushed back a time or two. So it's just an old posting

But that was the 1st thing that popped up when I googled Affliction MMA ppv

Not like anyone but the hardcores are gonna buy this anyway

The weigh-ins were mildly entertaining but way overblown at 90 minutes.

Tito's ego couldn't possibly be more out of control.

But Freddie Roach says theres holes in Fedor's stand up that Arlovski is going to expose!

Just like Mirko exposed it...

Apples and oranges. I don't remember hearing how Mirko was going to "expose" Fedor standing, and I was pretty heavily into the hype for that fight. At that time, Mirko was considered the most deadly striker in the HW division by a wide margin. If anything, the feeling was Mirko would knock Fedor out standing due to how more "evolved" he was. What we did not know, and wouldn't know until Fedor fought him was that if someone stalked Mirko, he'd fold like an accordian. Mirko can't function in a role where he's being the one chased.

We didn't know it because FEDOR demonstrated that gameplan in MMA. No one did that until Fedor did. And it worked so well that it's become gameplan 101 for Mirko.

Unless Arlovski's got some type of flaw waiting to be exposed like Sylvia's style of punching, or Mirko's mental weakness, you probably won't see any such thing happen tonight.

But Freddie Roach says theres holes in Fedor's stand up that Arlovski is going to expose!

Just like Mirko exposed it...

Apples and oranges. I don't remember hearing how Mirko was going to "expose" Fedor standing, and I was pretty heavily into the hype for that fight. At that time, Mirko was considered the most deadly striker in the HW division by a wide margin. If anything, the feeling was Mirko would knock Fedor out standing due to how more "evolved" he was. What we did not know, and wouldn't know until Fedor fought him was that if someone stalked Mirko, he'd fold like an accordian. Mirko can't function in a role where he's being the one chased.

We didn't know it because FEDOR demonstrated that gameplan in MMA. No one did that until Fedor did. And it worked so well that it's become gameplan 101 for Mirko.

Unless Arlovski's got some type of flaw waiting to be exposed like Sylvia's style of punching, or Mirko's mental weakness, you probably won't see any such thing happen tonight.

Arlovski's not the greatest when he's pressured standing, either. Shit, Roy Nelson backed him into the cage several times and he's no more talented than Tank Abbott is on his feet and as Curry mentioned earlier, Werdum had him backpedaling as well. Sylvia had him on the defensive almost the entirety of their shitty title fight with nothing more than a pawing jab. I think Arlovski only becomes aggressive standing once he knows his opponent isn't able or capable of hanging with him on the feet.

Also, Tito's post fight interviews make Frank Mir look like the greatest interviewer of all-time. Pure stuttering garbage.