TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Your favorite near fall spots/moves

My favorite near fall spot of all time is Arn Anderson appearing out of seemingly nowhere and giving Undertaker a Spinebuster at Wrestlemania 18. That shit was awesome. My favorite move that always makes me think the match is over is probably the powerslam. Especially Dustin Rhodes' powerslam.

Ron Simmons says hello on the Best Powerslam Ever. Didn't it cause Mick Foley the most pain he'd ever had? Mick Foley... most pain. Think about it.

Best near-fall that comes to mind, Brent Albright vs. Takeshi Morishima, ROH... Death Before Dishonor V? I think. It was in Philly at least. Anyway, Albright hits a flurry of moves and a half nelson suplex for a nearfall everybody bought, even though the guy had no shot at winning the World Title. So good, I even bought it, and I knew the result before even watching the match.

Ron Simmons says hello on the Best Powerslam Ever. Didn't it cause Mick Foley the most pain he'd ever had? Mick Foley... most pain. Think about it.

DAMN! I forgot about Simmons' Powerslam. I haven't seen him do one since I was a little kid so I forgot all about it.

Murder City Machine Guns vs. The Briscoes at ROH's Good Times, Great Memories.

Shelley gives the Air Raid Crash to Mark after alot of superkicks and stuff, best near fall ever.

I'll add more when I can think of them, but the last bit of the Jeff Hardy / Undertaker ladder match. I --honestly-- thought Jeff was going to win..

Really dug Punk's counter to Joe's sleeper in Joe/Punk III. Even knowing how the match ended, I absolutely bit on that one.

Not really a near fall, but Jericho countering Chyna's rana into the Walls at Survivor Series 99 damn near gave me a heart attack.

That's one of the things I loved about ECW. Each wrestler had more then one finisher, so it seemed like anything could put their opponent away. My favorite matches were the tag team matches between Doring/Roadkill and Nova/Chetti. There were plenty of false finishes in those matches for sure. Every time Jerry Lynn and RVD fought, there were false finishes galore.

Don't want to stray too far from the topic, but what's Chetti up to these days?

Yea, RVD and Lynn had their matches planned perfectly. I couldn't ever get enough of watching them.

Not a near fall or whatever.. but after just seeing the ROH DVD with their bloodiest brawls.. the Gen Next / Embassy cage match where Evans climbs to the top and springboards off of someone being held on top of the cage by Aries then moonsaults onto Abyss.

Yeah..I jumped off of my couch..

Anytime a wrestler performs a sunset flip I jump out of my seat and spill my drink. Inevitably, I turn to the person next to me and say "Did you see that?!"