TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TSM Madden NFL 09 Online League Thread

We're less than a week away from the release of Madden NFL 09, and it's time to prepare for the Madden league. I'm looking to get at least 12 teams before beginning, but if we can't make that number, so be it. Here is the list of confirmed participants thus far, listed as "forum name/Gamertag: team":

1. Matt Young/X Matt Young X: Green Bay Packers

2. Broward83/UTBroward: Houston Texans

3. KingPK/PKisLive: New England Patriots

4. Obi Chris Kenobi/Chriswok: Cleveland Browns

5. Alaskan Hero/AlaskanHeroRyu: Cincinnati Bengals

6. Agent_Bond34/NinerFan1983: San Francisco 49ers

7. Vitamin X/TsunamiWveChain: New York Jets

8. CanadianGuitarist/CanuckLefty: Oakland Raiders

LEAGUE INFO:

League Name: TSM NFL 2008

Password: smartmarks

Quarter length- 5 minutes

Difficulty- All-Pro

Trades- On

Guest Vitamin X

Since you BASTARD took the Green Bay Packers...

I'm going to take Brett Favre to the Super Bowl. Sue me. Put me in as the Jets, and then I'll switch over something later to the Steelers or Seahawks after the dude retires, if they're not taken of course.

Oh, and my Gamertag is TsunamiWveChain.

There'll be no switching over after he retires, since Madden leagues only go one season. But it's good to have you in. However, you might not get Brett. I have no idea when a roster update will be released.

How soon will the league start? I'm still 50 50 on getting the game but if I do, I'm in.

Guest Vitamin X
There'll be no switching over after he retires, since Madden leagues only go one season. But it's good to have you in. However, you might not get Brett. I have no idea when a roster update will be released.

WTF?! Are you serious? So there's no franchise? ghey.

I thought it was multiple years for online leagues too?

There's a madden roster update due out the day to the came comes out. Currently it has Farve down as 2nd string for the Packers, but I'm sure that'll change.

Side note, the game doesn't come out till the Friday over here, so I'll be a few days behind before I can play my week 1 game.

There's going to be a roster update available the day the game launches, apparently.

Guest Vitamin X

I think NCAA's Online Dynasty whips Madden's ass, but I think I'm going to enjoy franchise a bit more and the gameplay looks better especially with Madden IQ and all that. And I'd like to get back to the awesome level of play I had years ago when I played this game enough to get blisters on mah fingers.

In a sense, I think the online league might not be that bad because let's face it, we're all in it for the competition, it's just that Madden doesn't hide it all and we just get to play each other online exclusively rather than develop a team or anything. I think that's also the fun part of NCAA's online dynasty, but it seems like that would work so much better for an NFL game. In other words, it really should almost be the other way around- it's going to take so much longer to develop a quality team from a mid-major or something like that and the likelihood of playing somebody else in the league is a lot lower than in the NFL, too, using schedules released every year.

Since my paycheque is being mailed to me from 2500 kilometres away, a week from launch is ideal.

I'll enter as the Raiders. Phase III of "For God's sake, let's get something football-related of CG's into the playoffs" has begun.

Awesome. We'll probably start a week after release. Does that sound good to everyone? If Scroby and Cowboy Numbers get the game, that's 9 people.

Works for me. I think this is kind of the tryout for online leagues; I guess EA wants to make sure the basic outline works well before throwing in a bunch of features in Madden '10.

Guest Vitamin X

Hey Matt, after each season if there's still interest, let's trade off on Packer squads, eh?

I reserved my copy of it today, and I'm pretty stoked because I went through hell to get my copy of NCAA, and Gamestop has a deal going where you get $40 trade-in credit for NCAA towards the reservation or purchase of Madden, which is pretty awesome since I can just keep playing NCAA until Tuesday, and then I only have to pay $15 for Madden. So, in essence, I got NCAA for like a month's rental for $20. Eh, whatever, it's a good tune-up.

I wish I had the time to be a part of this...sounds fun but with my schedule I'd just hold things up. However I'll probably be picking the game up and will be open to just having a game here and there with anybody that's interested.

The way it works is that we'll all play a set number of games against each opponent. Those games can beplayed at any time. If you still want to join, I doubt you'd hold anything up.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, it's not at all like a franchise mode or anything, it's just a league where we play everyone else and that's it.

Pats are already taken, though.

Since my paycheque is being mailed to me from 2500 kilometres away, a week from launch is ideal.

I'll enter as the Raiders. Phase III of "For God's sake, let's get something football-related of CG's into the playoffs" has begun.

....You son of a bitch! *glares*

I'm going to try and get by next week. If I can get in i'd like the Redskins.

My GT is Go To Sleep IVL. That's an i before the V.

Truthiness, you can pick another team, or you can wait it out. The league will likely start next Tuesday, so if Brooklyn doesn't have the game by then, you can be the 'Skins. If he does get it by then, you'll have to choose another team.

I actually think a nine-team league is ideal; 16 games, home and away versus each team.

You know, that's a good idea. But the home team is whomever makes the challenge, so we'd have to organize that. I might just cut off signups and get this started depending on what Cena's Writer does.

The league has been created. The maximum number of teams has been set to 9, with each of us playing each other once. That means there will be 8 regular season game per user. The reason for this is because, when choosing how many times each user will play every other user, there are only odd numbers available. I wanted to use CG's suggestion of 2 games against each user, but the options available were 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.

To join, simply search the leagues for TSM NFL 2008. The password is "smartmarks".

Settings:

Quarter length- 5 minutes

Difficulty- All-Pro

Trades- On

I will add this information to the original post as well.

I'll be available for games late Saturday night (like after midnight Eastern) because I work until 10:00 and am going out for a bit after, Sunday and Monday night.