TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TSM Madden NFL 09 Online League Thread

I'll be available for games late Saturday night (like after midnight Eastern) because I work until 10:00 and am going out for a bit after, Sunday and Monday night.

Were you able to join, then?

Has anyone yet to sign up?

I'm freakin hooked on Virtual Tennis. It's going to get worse before it gets better unless something (read: this league) pries me away from it.

I have Virtua Tennis 3. We should play sometime.

Sure. I have only played once online, against a stranger, and lost. I haven't played the game in months,period. Once it gets to Year 2 of career, things go from way too easy to frustratingly difficult.

Sure. I have only played once online, against a stranger, and lost. I haven't played the game in months,period. Once it gets to Year 2 of career, things go from way too easy to frustratingly difficult.

Yes. I remember you describing the steep change almost suddenly, but it really is the case.

We should boost, as well :P

Bought Madden today.

I'm in as the Cowboys.

Also, they had a bunch of games on sale for $10 at Best Buy today. They had Virtual Tennis 3, NCAA Football 2008, NBA Live 08, Nascar 08, and a bunch of others. I picked up NCAA football 08 and came real close to picking up Virtual Tennis 3. Is it good?

Are people still in for this? Guitarist and I planned on playing a game the other night, but it was late and I was playing my Franchise.

I'll be available the next few days for games.

I've been busy and haven't checked who's joined lately. Well, I tried a couple days ago, but league servers were down.I'll do that now.

EDIT: And it says, "The EA servers are not available at this time. please try again later." Suck my dick, EA.

Ryu and Chriswok (and Brooklyn Zoo if he got the game) still need to join, but the rest can start playing whenever. I'm available most days, during the day. As for the evening, it depends on the day of the week.

Joining league now, sorry for delay. Side note: Matt Young's voice is not what I was expecting.

EDIT: I'll be up for some games this weekend, but next week I'm away in Dublin for a few days so won't be around!

Joining league now, sorry for delay. Side note: Matt Young's voice is not what I was expecting.

EDIT: I'll be up for some games this weekend, but next week I'm away in Dublin for a few days so won't be around!

I get that a lot. Also, I just got the connection between your name and Ewoks after viewing your Live profile. Before, your name always reminded me of a Chinese restaurant.

As for the games, I can play most days in the afternoon (Pacific time) and late nights. Sundays are almost always good. What's the time difference where you are, Chris? Right now, it's 2:50 P.M. here. I think there's a 6 hour difference, right?

I'll be home around 8pm Pacific Matt. Let's get a game or two in....virtual tennis as well, perhaps?

Crap, I missed this before.

You guys should try to get some games in. Chriswok and I were going to play but didn't cross paths. PK challenged me one day, but I was getting ready to leave. I'm about to play UTBroward in a short while, though.

Good game, Chris. But man, I got screwed over by the computer on your first touchdown. I'm 99% sure you were out of bounds when you caught it, but the the fucking game wouldn't let me challenge. :( I scared my cat since I yelled, "BULLSHIT!" so loud. Then I threw that INT soon after.

But still, you probably would've won anyway. Good job.

When you paused the game I was fucking certain you were going to challenge that TD in the back of the endzone...and I was apparently right. Heh

I don't know if I was going to win..DeMeco played well and Colvin coming up with the big sack was huge..as were the two INT's.

The minute I saw it was snowing I was like: "Fuck..." and my g/f looked over and said: "Look! Snow..you guys are fucked now.. you don't know how to handle snow..."

Just played Jarrod...he's not atop the leaderboard with a 1-0 record after he dropped me 24-5.

Schaub (or was it Sage?) did what he always does and threw a pick in the endzone early in the game to set the tone for the Houston fans.

I switched up my D to Multiple instead of staying with the true Texan D which would've given me extra 4-3 packages.

*shrug*

I need to get back to playing Madden and finding a decent offensive package as well. Pass Balanced isn't giving me enough wiggle room..

So if its set up for 1 game, is that one game against everybody Matt or is it one home / one away against everybody?