TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Many guys released

None of those names mentioned were shocking releases, since those guys weren't doing anything anyway. I didn't even know Nick Patrick was employed. I must not pay attention to refs in matches I guess. I wonder if Carlito is next? We haven't seen him ever since he got drafted to Smackdown, and WWE hasn't had ads on TV hyping his return or anything either, and considering that thing he pulled at that press conference, I wouldn't be shocked if was fired tomorrow.

Getting rid of Nick Patrick baffles me more than any of the others, if only because he's been in the business for so long, and is the closest thing WWE had to a "senior referee" since firing Hebner.

I changed the thread title, because we've got a mass cleanout.

Not too sad about any of those.

Nick Patrick's release seems more like a medical release due to his back rather than them being pissed at him. The rest won't especially be missed, though I would have thought Guido would have been a decent trainer in developmental.

hmmm Vince is later than usual from his annual spring clean up.

I suspect a few more cuts including Carlito sooner than later. You'll also see more new guys on ECW to fill out the roster. Now Matt Hardy doesn't have anymore friends in ECW.

V is a surprise. I expected him to help Mark Herny at Summerslam and then D-Lo could join up. It could be the NEW new Nation. Start off on ECW running things then have them featured on Smackdown where the new DX lead by Triple H and Jeff Hardy challenge them at Survivor Series.

Getting rid of Nick Patrick baffles me more than any of the others, if only because he's been in the business for so long, and is the closest thing WWE had to a "senior referee" since firing Hebner.

Mike Chioda, Charles Robinson, Jack Doan, Jim Korderas and Micky Henson have been in the business for long periods of time. In fact, I don't think Patrick was as recognizable a referee as like Chioda and Robinson. It is a bizzare release just for the fact you wouldn't expect to see a referee lumped into a cleaning spree. Even with the medical reasoning mentioned above, just akwward timing.

Shannon Moore was a slight surprise as I thought he and Yang were a good steady tag team for Smackdown/ECW.

James Curtis was actually a regular employee?

Sucks for Nunzio. I do see them calling back Big Daddy V at some point. It seems that his employment is cyclical.

Sucks for Nunzio. I do see them calling back Big Daddy V at some point. It seems that his employment is cyclical.

He was a development talent, he was on Smackdown for while with Idol Stevens as The Teacher's Pets.

He was a development talent, he was on Smackdown for while with Idol Stevens as The Teacher's Pets.

Wow. I barely even remember that.

Please, no more Mabel. How many chances does a guy get? We know he's just going to suck again.

Personally I would have kept James Curtis and ditched Braden Walker. At least Curtis showed some flashes of heel personality down in OVW.

Moore is somewhat shocking, if only because Michael Hayes has been scouring for good babyface teams for Smackdown for ages now, and he and Yang got a nice resurgence thanks to the Miz/Morrison feud. Out of everyone so far, I think he'd be the best fit in TNA (maybe a return to the Prince of Punk deal?).

Nunzio, Domino, Curtis...can't really see anything for them. Nunzio could probably do some ROH guest spots (he did in their early days, and fits the mold...could be a good midcard player-coach for some of their workers). Big Daddy V is likely to get a call from TNA because I do believe Russo is a fan of his, but the last thing I wanna see is Joe vs. Big Daddy V or something like that. It's one thing for a guy like Tomko to have learned his craft better and actually get to the most over point in his career, but I highly doubt V could pull that off. He could also make good money as a monster heel in Japan if he chose to do so.

Chris Harris is a strange case, because it really does seem like the Harris of old and the Braden Walker we've seen recently are two different people. It'll be interesting to see if TNA takes him back, but honestly with Storm busy with Beer Money now, where would he fit in? Maybe a team with Kazarian playing off the whole angle he's going through right now where he's "quitting" TNA?

Sucks for Nunzio, but he was never going to get a push and he was jobbed out so much he really had no rub to give anybody. Funaki better not answer his phone.

I actually liked James Curtis and think he could have worked his way into being somebody. He had a great old school heel vibe about him while in the developmentals and his Teachers Pet stint as KC James. He's a young guy though, maybe he can get some experience and get the ecw jobber stink off of him before heading back.

V is a surprise. I expected him to help Mark Herny at Summerslam and then D-Lo could join up. It could be the NEW new Nation. Start off on ECW running things then have them featured on Smackdown where the new DX lead by Triple H and Jeff Hardy challenge them at Survivor Series.

Thank Christ your not a Booker

How is V's release a surprise? He was asked to lose weight and since he's been that big forever, I doubt he did, so goodbye.

At a quick glance, I often mis-read "Chris Harris" as "Charlie Haas" in the original thread title and actually I'm pretty surprised that he and the Highlanders made it out of this round of cuts (so far).

The Shannon Moore deal is funny because, as I recall, his hiring was a scam (Vince got off on the idea that someone - Shannon's wife in make-up, I believe - told him that he just beat the TNA champ AJ Styles and was released even though it was some overbooked mess that meant nothing) and then was he not almost fired immediately after being put on TV for some behaviour issues or something? Normally I wouldn't miss him but the Moore/Wang team was good stuff but I guess with Jimmy seemingly in the job house for his recent suspension, that team wasn't coming back to prominence.

No way in hell does Big Daddy V end up in TNA. I know TNA creams their pants over getting any ex-WWE workers, but isn't TNA's whole gimmick that they have wrestlers who can actually work? TNA wouldn't have gave Tomko a look at all if he didn't go to Japan and learn how to work, because in WWE, he was terrible. I've never seen anyone improve as much as Tomko has the past 2 years.

I thought I heard about BDV losing some 100 pounds. I was kind of looking forward to his return if only for his entrance, but it's no loss otherwise. I can see them bringing him back, but they've also gotten nowhere with him in multiple tries and he's 40.

I'm actually surprised about Shannon. Nunzio would be perfect as trainer, but maybe he hits the indies instead. I thought Domino showed some great personality after the split but I have no idea what his ring skills were before hitting SD. He's still relatively young, however, so maybe he hits the indies.

How is V's release a surprise? He was asked to lose weight and since he's been that big forever, I doubt he did, so goodbye.

At a quick glance, I often mis-read "Chris Harris" as "Charlie Haas" in the original thread title and actually I'm pretty surprised that he and the Highlanders made it out of this round of cuts (so far).

The Shannon Moore deal is funny because, as I recall, his hiring was a scam (Vince got off on the idea that someone - Shannon's wife in make-up, I believe - told him that he just beat the TNA champ AJ Styles and was released even though it was some overbooked mess that meant nothing) and then was he not almost fired immediately after being put on TV for some behaviour issues or something? Normally I wouldn't miss him but the Moore/Wang team was god stuff but I guess with Jimmy seemingly in the job house for his recent suspension, that team wasn't coming back to prominence.

After seeing that, I just imagine people in all kinds of disguises persuading Vince to do stupid things.

Domino was never any good in the ring, and really the only thing he had going for him was the Dice Clay/Greaser gimmick. He was hardly used as anything more than squash fodder in OVW until Heyman got the edict to create more personalities.

If BDV was losing weight and the wwe fired him that's pretty slimy. Nelson, you're not physically imposing anymore and since you can't really work we have to release you.

I mean it's was for his own health and all but nonetheless...

The Shannon Moore deal is funny because, as I recall, his hiring was a scam (Vince got off on the idea that someone - Shannon's wife in make-up, I believe - told him that he just beat the TNA champ AJ Styles and was released even though it was some overbooked mess that meant nothing) and then was he not almost fired immediately after being put on TV for some behaviour issues or something? Normally I wouldn't miss him but the Moore/Wang team was god stuff but I guess with Jimmy seemingly in the job house for his recent suspension, that team wasn't coming back to prominence.

After seeing that, I just imagine people in all kinds of disguises persuading Vince to do stupid things.

Just to clarify, I meant "Shannon's wife from the make-up department", not his wife in some undercover disguise that involved make-up :)

wwfmask16.gif

"Hey-uh, Vince. You should really make the guy from She's All That-uh part of the creative team-uh."

Can't say I'm sad to see Braden Walker gone. Guy was HORRIBLE during his past couple performances.

I had a soft spot for Big Daddy V, if just for his wicked rolling kick thing,

I'm not even sure which was which out of Deuce and Domino. I assume whichever is Jimmy Snuka's adopted son is still employed?

I figured Nunzio and Shannon Moore were lifers if just to use as jobbers. Nunzio's sell of Kevin Thorn's version of the Razor's Edge was a thing of beauty, and he had a great "ragdoll" ability. How many tag title shots against Miz and Morrison did Yang/Moore get anyway? Val Venis and Funaki better watch themselves.

James Curtis didn't do much for me.

Can't say I'm sad to see Braden Walker gone. Guy was HORRIBLE during his past couple performances.

I had a soft spot for Big Daddy V, if just for his wicked rolling kick thing,

I'm not even sure which was which out of Deuce and Domino. I assume whichever is Jimmy Snuka's adopted son is still employed?

I figured Nunzio and Shannon Moore were lifers if just to use as jobbers. Nunzio's sell of Kevin Thorn's version of the Razor's Edge was a thing of beauty, and he had a great "ragdoll" ability. How many tag title shots against Miz and Morrison did Yang/Moore get anyway? Val Venis and Funaki better watch themselves.

James Curtis didn't do much for me.

Deuce is Jimmy Snuka Jr. Deuce=Two=Jimmy Snuka V.2

None of those names mentioned were shocking releases, since those guys weren't doing anything anyway. I didn't even know Nick Patrick was employed. I must not pay attention to refs in matches I guess. I wonder if Carlito is next? We haven't seen him ever since he got drafted to Smackdown, and WWE hasn't had ads on TV hyping his return or anything either, and considering that thing he pulled at that press conference, I wouldn't be shocked if was fired tomorrow.

Details?

Yeah, Carlito at a press conference this year, basically said that HHH is in the great position he's in today, because he slept with Stephanie. It really sounds no different from Scott Steiner's shoot interviews.