TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

Seeking NFL Expansion Drafts for 1996, 99 and 03

I'd like the list of who was made available for the Panthers, Jags, Browns and Texans to draft from...

And their selections

If anyone knows where to find the lists, I'd be very grateful!

Wow...

Cleveland could've had for an offense:

QB: Kurt Warner

RB: Terry Allen and Harold Green

FB: Daryl Johnston

WR: Michael Jackson and Robert Brooks

Granted, no real shakes but it would've been light years ahead of the crap they were putting together.

Brooks was done though - nagging knee injury IIRC - HE failed at his last try w/ The Raiders (?)

Johnston had a neck injury as well

Teams put guys on the Draft who would've been on retired or injury settlement lists

I understand the model of what the NFL was trying to do with the draft, but this isn't the NBA; you can't make it by with 3-4 good-great players, a bunch of role players and future top draft picks. These teams were scraping the bottom of the barrel by the 6th round.

I know you can't force teams to put "better-than-decent" players on their lists, but at least eliminate the protection rule. Boselli was the jewel of the expansion draft, but wasn't he already injury-plagued?

Guest Vitamin X
Wow...

Yeah, but I don't think Kurt would've been anything on the expansion team Browns. In fact, his play has shown by and large that his MVP seasons had more to do with the weapons and offensive system he was in with the Rams than anything. Any season he's had after his short peak has been really erratic and he's only proven to be an okay backup with Arizona. WITH THE CARDINALS. Sure, he started his career kind of late, but you feel with how well he played before he must have some signs of greatness in him still.

Considering that Warner started 11 games last year for the Cardinals with 3000+ yards and 27 TDs, I don't think you can really consider him a backup at all, let alone an "okay" one.

Guest Vitamin X
Considering that Warner started 11 games last year for the Cardinals with 3000+ yards and 27 TDs, I don't think you can really consider him a backup at all, let alone an "okay" one.

His season last year was that good? I guess I stand corrected.

With all the Matt Leinart bullshit going on, I'm starting to wonder if Arizona would be making a mistake not playing Warner then, if that's the case. Or has he pretty much hit the ceiling as far as winning goes?

His season last year was that good? I guess I stand corrected.

With all the Matt Leinart bullshit going on, I'm starting to wonder if Arizona would be making a mistake not playing Warner then, if that's the case. Or has he pretty much hit the ceiling as far as winning goes?

Warner probably has a ceiling of 8-9 wins whereas Leinart has a similar ceiling but is younger. Last season, Warner only went 5-6 (God bless Pro Football Reference) and he also threw 17 INT in only 451 attempts. Matt Leinart went 3-2 in his five starts.

Wow...

Yeah, but I don't think Kurt would've been anything on the expansion team Browns. In fact, his play has shown by and large that his MVP seasons had more to do with the weapons and offensive system he was in with the Rams than anything. Any season he's had after his short peak has been really erratic and he's only proven to be an okay backup with Arizona. WITH THE CARDINALS. Sure, he started his career kind of late, but you feel with how well he played before he must have some signs of greatness in him still.

Dude hasn't been the same since his hand injury