TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (8/8/2008)

In celebration of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, SmackDown’s Divas will compete in a special Six-Diva WWE Olympic Tag Team Match, pitting Michelle McCool, Maria & Cherry against Natalya, Victoria & Maryse. Which team will prove its mettle?

Before WWE Champion Triple H collides with The Great Khali at SummerSlam, the two will square off in an Indian Broken Glass Arm Wrestling Contest on SmackDown. With razor-sharp shards of glass just inches from each Superstar’s bare arms, the risk for injury is high. Who will emerge unscathed, ready for their title match at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer? SummerSlam match preview …

Last week on SmackDown, Mick Foley suffered a brutal attack from Edge after offering advice on how the Rated-R Superstar should approach his looming Hell in a Cell Match with Undertaker at SummerSlam. Can Edge find another way to overcome his SummerSlam nightmare in time? Or is he destined to become another victim of The Deadman’s wrath in the sadistic structure? SummerSlam match preview …

Tensions continue to mount between Jeff Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter. Will the two Superstars wait until their battle at SummerSlam to settle the score, or will they continue their war on SmackDown? SummerSlam match preview …

As SummerSlam approaches, tune in to Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT only on The CW Network to witness all of the action. And don’t forget to catch the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer, Sunday, Aug. 17 only on pay-per-view.

Match listing...

Michelle McCool, Maria & Cherry against Natalya, Victoria & Maryse.

Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore vs. Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder (my note, this team needs a name)

Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin

Khali w/Ranjin Singh vs. Triple H in an Indian Broken Glass Arm-Wrestling Contest

Vladimir Kozlov vs. Jesse w/Festus

Super Crazy vs. Brian Kendrick w/Ezekiel

0 replies?

Spanky's replays for his match consisted solely of Ezekiel high lights

Why doesn't Vicki just re fire Taker if she and Edge are trying reconcilation....

Well now with that beat down.............cancel that thought

They should have just let them stay The Major Brothers.

We can't have that now. Remember, Mr. McMahon's rule of characters. If they aren't really brothers, why market them as such, and deceive the fans? I guess he forgot about Kane and Undertaker, The Dudleys, and I'm sure a couple others I may be missing.

Super Crazy had an ECW shirt on when he wrestled Kendrick. Tazz said something about Super Crazy not getting the memo about being traded from ECW to Smackdown. When the hell did that happen? I just assumed they were still following "The Co-Op" between S.D. and ECW. Did Super Crazy even wrestle a match for ECW since he was drafted from Raw to ECW? It hasn't even been 2 months since then. WTF?

No comments on the Shelton Benjamin - Jeff Hardy Match? I really liked the match between those two. I remember news stating that they plan a feud between them, too. After that match I would like to see it. Liked the interference, too... I thought they would let Jeff Hardy win.

I don't like Shelton's matches when he is a heel, because he follows that Carlito philosophy: Do crazy spots as a face to get cheered, but do boring shit as a heel to get booed. I don't like that. I think the only way guys should play heel, is by doing cheating. You don't have to change your entire moveset. Well, this Smackdown last night was another boring show. Is it pretty safe to say that Edge is carrying this show right now?

I think it was hilarious that WWE seriously hyped Maria coming to Smackdown, including videos that said "coming to Smackdown in 4 weeks!" I mean really, who cares? I really think Maria's career has really slid downhill after the Santino storyline. That storyline completely killed off her appeal to people, since WWE got rid of her "dumb" character, and then they had her seem innocent, but then the Santino storyline tried to make her angry and serious, and thats not the Maria people want to see.