TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Raven files a lawsuit against the WWE

Fans or smarks or whatever people want to call them really don't say "gig" a lot, it's really more of an insider term. It pretty much replaced the term "Blade" after the fans caught on to what "blading" meant.

I honestly don't say it around fans at all, and if I'm ever talking about it here I call it "blading" just because I know pretty much everyone on this site knows what "blading" means and I don't even know why fucking Mr. I used to be a promoter so I know all the insider shit is throwing around terms he shouldn't be throwing around.

Fans or smarks or whatever people want to call them really don't say "gig" a lot, it's really more of an insider term. It pretty much replaced the term "Blade" after the fans caught on to what "blading" meant.

I honestly don't say it around fans at all, and if I'm ever talking about it here I call it "blading" just because I know pretty much everyone on this site knows what "blading" means and I don't even know why fucking Mr. I used to be a promoter so I know all the insider shit is throwing around terms he shouldn't be throwing around.

Don't forget the "Whoo!" in that rant.

Under the limited knowledge I have of employee versus independent contractor, there is no way WWE fits that bill.

Indy wrestling, even ROH, yes, but not in WWE.

IC's are told the job, when to do it, and so on but are 100% up to their own decision as for how to do it, or when to look for work. It's their decision to work. If they don't wish to, they don't have to. and they have autonomy on HOW to handle the work. An indy wrestler can build their match anyway they want.

In WWE, not only are you told what the job is, you are told to extreme lengths how to do it. How to build your match. What spots. What to say in a promo down to every little detail. Very few people in WWE have *ANY* say over the work they do at all. And if you try to not work, one of the primary benefits of an IC? Yeah, that doesn't fly at all.

Sorry, man, but that is totally untrue. In my indy, and every indy I worked with, the workers have 90% control over their match, but the spots and outcomes are the promoters' call. If I wanted a worker to gig, he'd gig. Granted, they could refuse, but they wouldn't be working the next show.

So how many people did you lose because they didn't gig for you? That's just bad business. It's one thing if you would like someone to bleed for the match, but it should be up to that wrestler on how he or she bleeds for the match.

I know if you wanted me to gig, I'd want you to pay me a little extra and if you refused and still wanted me to gig or I wouldn't work the next show, I'd pack up my shit and as soon as my song hit, I'd walk out the front door.

What you're talking about Noah, when it comes to the Indies and the WWE are really two different things. For the most part, the Indies are not promotions who contract their wrestlers and I doubt your promotion used contracts. A indy wrestler working freelance for a indy promotion can refuse to not gig if they want to. What are you gonna do? Throw a fit?

"I wanted Wrestler A to bleed so I wanted him to gig, he said he would get it done by doing it hard way because he doesn't gig, but I told him he had to gig so he walked out."

That absolutely makes no sense at all and other wrestlers or promoters would laugh at your dumbass for trying to force a wrestler to bleed by gigging.

As far as the lawsuit goes, I'm a bit confused on something. What is Raven actually going after? Is he going after money he feels that he was owed for not working for 60 or 90 days after he was released? Or is he going after the WWE because they didn't give benefits? Or both?

I didn't lose anyone. My boys and I had a great amount of respect for each other. I knew my crew enough to know who/when to ask, and rarely did they refuse. Sometimes they had a wedding or something similar coming up, and we worked it out.

I made it a policy to not work anyone that had an issue with gigging, pretty simple, really. And, no, other wrestlers and promoters didn't laugh at "my dumbass", I had workers driving 200 miles to work my shows.

As far as my comment about WWE's workers having freedom. They definitely have a say in their matches. You can't possibly script every single move of the match. It's up to the two (or more) in the ring to decide the "filler" between spots decided by creative. That was the point I was making.

I didn't lose anyone. My boys and I had a great amount of respect for each other. I knew my crew enough to know who/when to ask, and rarely did they refuse. Sometimes they had a wedding or something similar coming up, and we worked it out.

I made it a policy to not work anyone that had an issue with gigging, pretty simple, really. And, no, other wrestlers and promoters didn't laugh at "my dumbass", I had workers driving 200 miles to work my shows.

As far as my comment about WWE's workers having freedom. They definitely have a say in their matches. You can't possibly script every single move of the match. It's up to the two (or more) in the ring to decide the "filler" between spots decided by creative. That was the point I was making.

:lol:

As far as the lawsuit goes, I'm a bit confused on something. What is Raven actually going after? Is he going after money he feels that he was owed for not working for 60 or 90 days after he was released? Or is he going after the WWE because they didn't give benefits? Or both?

This is a good question I would like to have answered. I wonder what Raven or any of the others stand to get by winning this lawsuit.

This is a good question I would like to have answered. I wonder what Raven or any of the others stand to get by winning this lawsuit.

It would be pointless unless there are "damages" involved, which only cold, hard cash can compensate for...

I can't see Raven doing it just to make life better for others. :lol:

It would be pointless unless there are "damages" involved, which only cold, hard cash can compensate for...

What about him? What about Raven?

Yeah I do wonder what these guys are exactly hoping to get out of this lawsuit. While I do agree with what they are saying for the most part, I'm not sure if they are the guys to file such a suit. Maybe if some current workers did it I could see WWE having to make some changes.

Yeah I do wonder what these guys are exactly hoping to get out of this lawsuit. While I do agree with what they are saying for the most part, I'm not sure if they are the guys to file such a suit. Maybe if some current workers did it I could see WWE having to make some changes.

More drugs.

What about him? What about Raven?

And Who Betta Than Kanyon?

I'd think that Raven is the type who honestly cares about the business, and wants guys taken care of.

I wouldn't cut myself for any indie promotion or match. You're asking for a friggin disease first of all, and secondly permanently scarring yourself for chump change is ridiculous. Hell, I applauded MCM for refusing to blade and that was for a TNA PPV. I think the practice is long past it's expiration date, and at most should be used in very rare cases to really sell the drama (and not in podunk indies).

Why? Making a small nick on your forehead is, medically speaking, not even on the top ten list of common dangers in wrestling. The repetitive impact of bumping does cumulative damage to the spine, internal organs, joints, brain, everything. After a few years in the business, practically every wrestler out there develops a bad back, bad knees, and concussive brain damage. Meanwhile I don't think that anyone has ever been forced to retire because of excessive blading. That's what I don't understand about guys like the MCMGs: they're willing to do dangerous highspots, diving onto concrete floors, stuff which could legitimately cripple or kill them if there's a single slipup... but they won't poke themselves with a tiny piece of metal?

I'm not going to get into a debate about the relative dangers of bladding, but I agree with Dragon that bladding should be cut down to add to the drama. I barely even notice bleeding anymore unless it registers on the Muta scale.

Yeah, which comes from blading over and over every night and not letting the skin heal. That's kinda like saying you can't eat one cheeseburger without suddenly becoming obese.

My boys LOVED it. For the most part, 3 out of 10-12 matches involved gigging. For some, that wasn't enough. They had to bring in chairs, tables, staplers, or even box fans.

Hell, I've seen some of the strangest shit be used as weapons! Nonetheless, a lot of indy guys that LOVE the industry will gig at a moments notice.

It's the primadonnas that take issue with it. It's part of the business, folks. If they have an issue with it, they should have chosen a different profession.

It's one thing to say, I don't wanna blade but I'll try to get opened up hardway, but what the MCMG did was flat out refuse to bleed. Which was stupid of them.

I'm against blading for other reasons. I've had a few friends who used to cut themselves for attention or self pity or whatever and I've always been fully against that to the point where I told these people if they ever did it again I would just turn my back on them. So I felt, on a personal level, if I did it I'd be a giant hypocrite.

Dragon, wrestlers don't really ever get a disease from blading. Smart wrestlers won't share razors and will use a brand new clean razor. Wrestlers normally get a disease when the mat hasn't been cleaned correctly and then the germs get into a cut or something. And the scaring yourself thing is pretty much the same as Jingus said, some wrestlers don't let the cut heal correctly and will re-open that cut to bleed again. Corino's head actually isn't that bad anymore. It's healed a lot. New Jack on the other hand, well his head is pretty bad. He can actually re-open himself up just by being hit hard enough there.

My boys LOVED it. For the most part, 3 out of 10-12 matches involved gigging. For some, that wasn't enough. They had to bring in chairs, tables, staplers, or even box fans.

Hell, I've seen some of the strangest shit be used as weapons! Nonetheless, a lot of indy guys that LOVE the industry will gig at a moments notice.

It's the primadonnas that take issue with it. It's part of the business, folks. If they have an issue with it, they should have chosen a different profession.

........Yeah you're so wrong on that. I would love for you to walk up to some of the guys that I know and tell them that.

I'm not at all wrong, Scroty, so stop being a bone. I realize you oppose vehemently EVERYTHING I post, and that's fine. Although now, you're just being an ass.

YES, my boys LOVED it. Every worker I had gigged at one time or another. Some every show. So, you should stop comparing your boys with mine. I had a great working relationship with them. They'd do damn near ANYTHING for me, including flaming tables.

You obviously hang out with the primadonnas I mentioned earlier :lol:

I'm not at all saying your boys wouldn't do anything for you. Good for them. Good for them for wanting to kill themselves for little to nothing. I know the same type of people.

The point I was trying to get across is that I would love for you, Noah Fentz, to walk up to the some of people who I know who don't blade and tell them they don't love the business they bust their ass for week in and week out. I would really like to see that.

I'm not at all saying your boys wouldn't do anything for you. Good for them. Good for them for wanting to kill themselves for little to nothing. I know the same type of people.

The point I was trying to get across is that I would love for you, Noah Fentz, to walk up to the some of people who I know who don't blade and tell them they don't love the business they bust their ass for week in and week out. I would really like to see that.

For the sake of argument, how do you get "you'd don't love the business, unless you gig," out of this...

...a lot of indy guys that LOVE the industry will gig at a moments notice.

You saw what I posted, right?

Let's go over it, really slow, so you don't miss it...

"a lot" = many, quite a few, a good amount...okay, got it?

"of indy guys" = well, you claim to know what that means, already...hell, you know some, right?

"that LOVE the industry" = referring to the indy guys, but not making it exclusive, just "a lot", as seen in the first explanation...I hope I'm not moving too fast for you...

"will gig" = be willing to make a small cut in their sweaty forehead that makes a nice, crimson mask.

"at a moment's notice" = describes when they'll gig.

Now, do you see anywhere that states an indy worker DOESN'T love the business, if he doesn't gig? :rolleyes:

Yeah, cuz you said that you're a prima donna if you don't gig, so the implication is pretty clear.

Also, blood in several different matches on every single show? Talk about overkill. That might've been real trendy back when ECW was around. During the earlier days, anyway.

For the record,

Primadonna - a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team.

Also, ECW WAS in.

Not to mention, he was debating this...

What was the name of your promotion again?

It doesn't matter what the name was...zow.jpg

I don't ask anyone to divulge information that would allow others to conclude who they are and where they live, so I request the same respect.

Thanks.

Why so paranoid?

Having three matches have gigging is too much- it takes away from the impact of the blood, and you have guys mutilating themselves for no reason