TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Raven files a lawsuit against the WWE

I had guys that BEGGED me to let them gig. Some workers are just into that. I began as a hardcore organization with a "scientific" division. Much the opposite of the industry, at the time.

Of course, it evolved into a more diverse organization as I began to grow and draw more technically skilled workers. The scientific title vs. the "hardcore" champion unified with the sci-title champion winning. Marking the beginning of a more "purist" wrestling organization.

After which, the gigging slowed to a crawl.

You can't possibly have 8 hardcore matches without the blood. It wouldn't have been hardcore, at the time.

@Bob - Not paranoid, just enjoy my privacy. I'm sure you wouldn't give out your name and address, which is exactly what I'd be doing.

@Hunter's worn gnad - get over yourself. You think a wrestling board only attracts marks, or what? I love the business, spent a lot of time (and money) in the business, and I have every right to enjoy talking about it. I don't know why you'd be so insulting to someone that is offering actual experience in the business, but I can only assume it's some childish crap that I want no part of. I'd appreciate you leaving it at the door, if you know what I mean?

-Just sayin' ;)

It's obvious you've never had a promotion and are full of shit. This is why Tzar needs to mod up here, as he actually has balls and would force this asshole to either name his promotion or stop talking made up shit about it ruining threads.

And Noah, don't constantly bring up you're a promoter and run a promotion, and then refuse to name the promotion. I know you're stupid, but anyone can see through it.

I'm not going to start slingin' crap, AGAIN! Venk and I have had a few discussions about that, and out of respect, I'll just leave it be.

You have every right to believe what you want. I know what I've done, and I'm proud of it. The BEST years of my life were the years I had my promotion.

Then stop using running a promotion as your credentials to knowing everything about the way the industry is run. If you're not willing to let the people you're talking down to verify those credentials then it is very annoying. I really don't understand how you can't see that.

I shouldn't have to give up my entire identity to share and discuss wrestling, should I?

I know more than enough about how this business works to have some great conversations and debates. So, what is your issue?

I never claimed to know EVERYTHING about the way the business is run. Hell, the business changes so much so fast, does anybody?

So, please, get off my nuts. I'm damn near 40 years old with a lot of experience. I run 3 businesses that I own, and I don't wish to chance a RL problem by divulging who I am. Isn't that fair?

Besides, when did I "run[ning] a promotion as [my] credentials to knowing everything about the way the industry is run"?

>Sheesh<

I began as a hardcore organization with a "scientific" division.

Of course, it evolved into a more diverse organization as I began to grow and draw more technically skilled workers.

Ian Rotten, is that you?

Nah, I've met Ian and he's a lot more modest and more philosophical about the business than this.

I shouldn't have to give up my entire identity to share and discuss wrestling, should I?

Because you're not the only guy who's been in the business to post on this board, dude, and none of the others have had a problem in letting people know what companies they worked for. That one guy you're arguing so much with, Scroby, had no problems posting the photos of himself refereeing a Great Muta vs Ultimo Dragon match at that one Frisco convention. Hell, see if you can stop me from rambling on about all the crap I was a part of while announcing in various little promotions in the Nashville area. Nobody on this board is gonna hunt you down and stalk you if they find out where you live. So your stubborn insistence that you were a promoter, combined with your stubborn refusal to back up that claim with any kind of proof, makes the jaded motherfuckers around here automatically assume that you're full of this.

Well, I'm sorry they're jaded.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just as much as I am entitled to my privacy. Instead of being repeatedly insulted, I'd prefer they simply ignored my comments. I'm not a member of this board to create a problem. I simply love the business and miss it terribly.

It's as if I represent some kind of threat...

Don't worry, the coolest thing you ever did is cooler than what I've done...that better? :P

Well, I'm sorry they're jaded.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just as much as I am entitled to my privacy. Instead of being repeatedly insulted, I'd prefer they simply ignored my comments. I'm not a member of this board to create a problem. I simply love the business and miss it terribly.

It's as if I represent some kind of threat...

Don't worry, the coolest thing you ever did is cooler than what I've done...that better? :P

:lol: :lol:

I actually believe you, any money mark could run a wrestling company...Look at TNA.

Because you're not the only guy who's been in the business to post on this board, dude, and none of the others have had a problem in letting people know what companies they worked for. That one guy you're arguing so much with, Scroby, had no problems posting the photos of himself refereeing a Great Muta vs Ultimo Dragon match at that one Frisco convention. Hell, see if you can stop me from rambling on about all the crap I was a part of while announcing in various little promotions in the Nashville area. Nobody on this board is gonna hunt you down and stalk you if they find out where you live. So your stubborn insistence that you were a promoter, combined with your stubborn refusal to back up that claim with any kind of proof, makes the jaded motherfuckers around here automatically assume that you're full of this.

l_a9b336b805f7915217be75595f92b185.jpg

Sorry I just couldn't resist. :D

As far the Raven lawsuit goes, if he's after money for the 90 days he wasn't able to work, I could understand that. But I question how he could go after that money when I'm sure that rule was in his contract before he signed it.

Raven's 2000 contract: http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe1.pdf

Mike Sanders' 2001 contract:

http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe2.pdf

Kanyon's 2002 contract:

http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe3.pdf

I couldn;t put this in the thread it should go in, because it's closed.

Raven's 2000 contract: http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe1.pdf

Mike Sanders' 2001 contract:

http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe2.pdf

Kanyon's 2002 contract:

http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/stats/p...ontractwwe3.pdf

I couldn;t put this in the thread it should go in, because it's closed.

None of the links work.

I like how if PROMOTER tells you to design something on your own time, they automatically own your creation.

Also I couldn't help but find the clause in Raven's contract that he acknowledge that the WWF invented Johnny Polo funny. I'm sure there's good legal reasons for it and what have you, but it just amused me to read that.

I began as a hardcore organization with a "scientific" division.

Of course, it evolved into a more diverse organization as I began to grow and draw more technically skilled workers.

Ian Rotten, is that you?

Nah, I've met Ian and he's a lot more modest and more philosophical about the business than this.

I might. Depends. But if he lives in the US I'd have to catch a plane, and that would be too much hassle.

Personally (although I'm not a promoter and never have been, so might not have a valid opinion), part of me thinks this is just Raven going "OK, I want to fuck Vince over - can I wreck the very basis his company runs on, just to prove I'm smarter than him?" And everyone knows Kanyon reckons he was fired for being gay, so he'd have an axe to grind. And Sanders... maybe he just wants people to remember he existed? :huh:

According to Raven, Sanders got fired because he didn't say hello to HHH. No I'm not making that up. He said it in a shoot interview or one of those secrets of the ring, I forget which.

PWInsider Update:

WWE is arguing that the wrestlers' claims that the company is illegally classifying their performers as independent contractors are not valid due to a statute of limitations, since the wrestlers signed the initial deals more than six years ago.

WWE broke down many of the claims against the company in today's filing, noting that many of the most recent responses by Levy, etc. actually contradict their earlier statements and claimed that while the wrestlers were full compensated for their contractual obligations, they are now trying to "re-write provisions of their fully performed Booking Contract" after the fact via the lawsuit.

WWE is asking again for a full dismissal of the lawsuit against them.

WWE backed up their filing today with 89 pages of motions and judgments from other cases involving similar matters.

What's with all this handshake shit and wrestling. Gabe Sapolsky is blogging about his stint in ECW and how the Harris Brothers almost kicked his ass because he didn't shake their hands and further tells a story about working with the Maestro (from WCW) and he'll shake your hand 10+ times a night, basically every time he sees you he shakes your hand.

If you don't go up and shake somebodies hand it's disrespecting them. Is it a show of submission, symbolically kissing the ring or ass of those deemed to be above you or something?

There was also a story where Benoit made his son shake everybodies hand.

It's supposed to be a sign of respect. When you meet someone for the first time, it's the polite thing to do to shake their hand. The whole shaking hands EVERYTIME you see someone walking down the hall, though, is overkill. That's why WWE created the Dolph Ziggler character, to play off that idea.

The way I remember the story is that the first time Palumbo & O'Haire were in the WWF locker room, they kind of looked at Droz funny and just walked off. They eventually came up to him once someone explained to them who he was. Droz also bitched them out for not immediately shaking Undertaker's hand, as if that was the first thing they were supposed to do.

Heh, you WOULD be from Nottingham, saying things like this.

But your buddy from up the A52 would help you deal with this, just this one time.

I'm not FROM Nottingham, I just live IN Nottingham. Therefore I have none of the genetic hatred towards you and your kind from that side of the country boundary.

Heh, you WOULD be from Nottingham, saying things like this.

But your buddy from up the A52 would help you deal with this, just this one time.

I'm not FROM Nottingham, I just live IN Nottingham. Therefore I have none of the genetic hatred towards you and your kind from that side of the country boundary.

The way I remember the story is that the first time Palumbo & O'Haire were in the WWF locker room, they kind of looked at Droz funny and just walked off. They eventually came up to him once someone explained to them who he was. Droz also bitched them out for not immediately shaking Undertaker's hand, as if that was the first thing they were supposed to do.

They should've pushed his chair down a flight of stairs instead.