TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

Bernie Mac Dead

From the New York Daily News:

Comedian Bernie Mac died early Saturday after a bout with pneumonia, his publicist said.

Mac, 50, was being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago for pneumonia.

In recent days, his spokeswoman had insisted he was on the mend. On Thursday, he was reported to be in stable condition.

The funnyman suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but he had said the condition went into remission in 2005.

Mac had starring roles in "Ocean's Eleven," "Bad Santa," "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Transformers."

The Emmy-nominated comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.

That's a shame. At the beginning, I was a huge fan of his TV show. RIP.

His routine in Kings of Comedy was awesome.

Now we can look forward to a lot of "Frank, you look different" jokes from George Clooney and the gang in Ocean's 14.

I was only watching Ocean's 13 last night when my Girlfriend mentioned he was really ill in hospital. Shame that I only really know him from the Ocean's films and the late night adverts for black comedy. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Yeah, I had heard about his pneumonia last week, but I didn't think much of it then...too bad.

RIP.

I am in complete disbelief. My sympathies go out to his family and friends. Bernie Mac is a legend and you can see him at his best in The Kings of Comedy and The Players Club. So much of modern Black comedy stems from Bernie mac.

I didn't even know he was ill.

My favorite role of his was in House Party 3. No...seriously. The only good part in a bad movie. But man he was hillarious in that one.

"People who don't like you for being yourself...FUCK 'EM! FUCK 'EM against the wall with handcuffs on and crazy glue on their lips!"

In hell?

:lol:

Anyway, I loved him in the Ocean films, Bad Santa, Kings of Comedy, and his cameo in Trasnformers was pretty funny.

Heck, I even liked him in Charlies Angels 2.

RIP

When he hosted SNL a few years back, there was a skit about him being the 4th Stooge and it began with the 3 Stooges doing their "Hello! Hello! Hello!" then Bernie chirped in with an angry and bitter "Hello." Such a small moment but I found it freaking hilarious.

RIP Bernie.

He was good in almost every role he was in. Of course, nothing beats the Kings of The Comedy, but I enjoyed his work in Guess Who. He just always found a way to be entertainining. It's a damn shame. R.I.P. Bernie

I didn't even know he was ill.

Sad news, but all that I can think of after reading that is the scene in Bad Santa where Tony Cox tells Billy Bob Thornton that Bernie's character had died. I think he says the same thing.

Sucks because everything I read last week about him being in the hospital emphasized he was expected to make a full recovery. That's the last time I listen to the media.

I haven't seen much of his work. I enjoyed his role as the used care salesman in Transformers, but Mr. 3000 was kinda bad.

Still, you hate to see someone go so young. RIP