TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Old School

I always wish Heenan had never left the WWF. Heenan doing Raw during the Attitude Era would have made that era even better. It's a shame Monsoon got sick, because they could have gone on forever and never gotten old. Monsoon & Heenan were so far ahead of their time. Can you imagine them as they are in 1992 in WWF 1998?

Without McMahon or Monsoon to sell Heenan's lines, The Brain loses a lot of his luster as WCW proved.

I thought Heenan was still pretty good in WCW (though not up to his WWF days) but when the NWO invaded, everyone, including Heenan, became de facto good guys and Heenan's commentary was never the same after that.

I hate missing Monsoon/Heenan commentary too. You don't watch Prime Time for the matches, let's just say that.

I always wish Heenan had never left the WWF. Heenan doing Raw during the Attitude Era would have made that era even better. It's a shame Monsoon got sick, because they could have gone on forever and never gotten old. Monsoon & Heenan were so far ahead of their time. Can you imagine them as they are in 1992 in WWF 1998?

There was an episode of Raw on recently where Monsoon threatened to throw Steve Austin's "ass out of the building". It was both incredibly awesome and incredibly odd to hear Monsoon curse on TV.

Who the hell is J.W. Storm?

That was the famous April 21 RAW I think.

That moment was awesome, because it really added to the realism of the events that night. Austin always mocking an exasperated Gorilla was great

God, they don't let any of these matches go less than 10 minutes, do they? The world was just dying for that epic Warlord/Jim Brunzell match, I'm sure. Funny how they build up Warlord as having such a bright future when he was basically a dead man walking w/r/t his time in the Fed.

That was the famous April 21 RAW I think.

That moment was awesome, because it really added to the realism of the events that night. Austin always mocking an exasperated Gorilla was great

Yep, right after Austin beat the living crap out of Bret. Gorilla was involved in very few angles once he retired but he was definitely a bad***. It was cool that he was around long enough to interact with Austin. Glad he didn't end up getting stunned.

I'd pay good money just to hear Gorilla and Heenan announce a match one more time.

There was an episode of Raw on recently where Monsoon threatened to throw Steve Austin's "ass out of the building". It was both incredibly awesome and incredibly odd to hear Monsoon curse on TV.

A little investigative journalism led to my finding out that he is former DDP bodyguard MAXX MUSCLE~! and marking out a little. One of his other ring names was Big Juice.

*El Matador's music plays*

Heenan: I like this music. It makes me want to stomp a roach.

Monsoon: WILL YOU BE SERIOUS?

Without McMahon or Monsoon to sell Heenan's lines, The Brain loses a lot of his luster as WCW proved.

I always felt the same way about Ventura in WCW. It was never the same listening to him and Jim Ross compared to Ventura and Monsoon or McMahon

"I'm Indiana's favorite Bobby."

"You are not. That's Bobby Knight!"

"Gladys' brother?"

And YES! The Mountie theme!! "He al-ways gets his maaaaaan!"

I always felt the same way about Ventura in WCW. It was never the same listening to him and Jim Ross compared to Ventura and Monsoon or McMahon

I gotta beg to differ on that; Ventura/Ross is my second-favorite announce team ever, behind only Ventura/Monsoon.

I gotta beg to differ on that; Ventura/Ross is my second-favorite announce team ever, behind only Ventura/Monsoon.

Yeah... Ventura/Ross was very good. My favorite part of Ventura's commentary in the WWE was when he would just absolutely let his hatred for Hogan spill over into commentary by pointing out all the obvious heelish things Hogan would do.

I must say, Michaels had a fun match with Virgil on this show. The storyline of the match with Virgil having his nose broken and Shawn going for the face guard was good stuff. Main event was also amusing enough.

WWF @ Boston Garden -- October 4, 1986

-- Rudy Diamond vs. Mr. X

-- Bob Orton, Jr. vs. Pedro Morales

-- Jerry Allen vs. Sika (w/ Grand Wizard)

-- The Islanders vs. Jimmy Jack Funk & Mr. X

-- Randy Savage (©) vs. George Steele for the WWF Intercontinental Championship

-- Harley Race vs. Tito Santana

-- Big, Super & Piper Machine vs. King Kong Bundy, Big John Studd & Bobby Heenan

Poor Mr X had to pull double duty on this show. And I had no idea hometown guys jobbed in the WWF even back then . . . Rudy Diamond from Boston losing to a clothesline by Mr X.

Orton was great stooging for Morales. That was a really fun little encounter.

Poor Mr X had to pull double duty on this show. And I had no idea hometown guys jobbed in the WWF even back then . . . Rudy Diamond from Boston losing to a clothesline by Mr X.

Orton was great stooging for Morales. That was a really fun little encounter.

Assuming Ruby Diamond was really from Boston. It's a common old school promotion tactic to claim a guy is local for the cheap pop.

I've always wanted to see the Machines gimmick. I'd even say it had potential today. Imagine the Animal Machine, the Punk Machine, and the ever so mysterious CHARLIE HAAS MACHINE wrestling dark matches after Raw.

Okay, the mask would probably hinder Animal Machine to the point that he would tear something, but otherwise there's potential.

A little investigative journalism led to my finding out that he is former DDP bodyguard MAXX MUSCLE~! and marking out a little. One of his other ring names was Big Juice.

Jeff Warner as Maxx Muscle is a Wikipedia-created myth.

Jeff Warner as Maxx Muscle is a Wikipedia-created myth.

When will the government put regulations on wrestling-related Wikipedia articles?

WWF @ Los Angeles Sports Arena -- October 16, 1988

-- Steve Lombardi vs. Paul Roma

-- Mr. Perfect vs. Jim Brunzell

-- The Blue Blazer vs. Jose Estrada

-- Hulk Hogan vs. Haku in a Helmet Match

-- Koko B. Ware vs. The Big Bossman

-- The Ultimate Warrior vs. The Honky Tonk Man for the Intercontinental Championship

-- The Fabulous Rougeaus vs. The Hart Foundation

-- Rick Rude vs. Jake Roberts