TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Hard Justice 08 Thread

As usual, I'll throw down on this tonight, the first half of the card looks questionable at best, but the other half should be alright, if you're into gimmicks and hardcore style....

Besides the lineup, they have said that Sting will be there, as well as Davairi in his new gimmick, and I would imagine guys like the Price Justice group, Abyss, Morgan, and Frank Trigg will probably play some role on the show.

This is the lineup, also the order in which the matches will air, also they will do whatever "3 generations of rap" performance they have lined up right away to start the ppv (thank god)

First PPV Match: X Division Championship Match - "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. Consequences Creed

(I'm thinking Petey will retain, don't think Creed is ready for a title run yet)

Six Knockouts Tag Team Match - Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB vs. The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong, Traci as special ref

(I could see Traci turning on the babyfaces here, giving Kong a probable pinfall win over Taylor maybe)

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match - The Latin American Xchange vs. Beer Money

(Definately see a title change here, playing upon the angle of Homicide going through the glass table on Impact)

Black Tie Brawl N' Chain Match: "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

(According to the website, the rules are that they will be chained together, and you win by pinning your opponent or tearing off his tuxedo. I'm sure there will be more Val ridiculousness here, all I can hope is that this feud is over after this. Lethal should win)

Jersey Street Fight: Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Team 3D

(Typical brawling all over the place, etc. Might be good, Christian/Rhino likely take it)

Last Man Standing: "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle

(Judging by the booking, its possible this is the final match between them, but its hard to say. I'm thinking Styles goes over, since Angle has been put over Styles in the last three or so matches)

TNA World Heavyweight Championship (Six Sides Of Steel Weapons Match) - Samoa Joe vs. Booker T

(Nash will probably finally turn on Joe here at some point, maybe after the match. Joe should retain. Thinking that Sting will come out to help Joe at some point, as I just can't see them doing this heel turn for him)

We were thinking of going to this show since we figured TNA would paper the show and we'd get free tickets, but with Sting not wrestling and Booker likely jobbing my interest waned.

Book is jobbing right?

We were thinking of going to this show since we figured TNA would paper the show and we'd get free tickets, but with Sting not wrestling and Booker likely jobbing my interest waned.

Book is jobbing right?

I would assume so....but it's far from a gone conclusion.

I've said this many times before, and I'll say this again. The name of this PPV, Hard Justice STILL makes me think about Bradshaw.

Makes me think of Joe Don Baker.

PPV opens "the most hardcore ppv of the year" (according to Don West) with Sting showing up and not answering any questions before coming into the arena.

The rap trio start the show to an almost zero reaction from the crowd. Really bad shit. Ice-T must have no-showed since he wasn't out there. Instead, Mel-E-Mel was out there acting like he was a wrestler.

Another Don West line - "Get ready for violence!"

Creed v. Petey is up....

Very solid opener, both guys worked hard and the crowd (giving off a old ECW crowd type of heat, popping for right spots, cheering the heel more, pissing on Creed after he did a bad looking spot, etc) made the match fun too. Creed did a flip dive to the outside of the ring and hit his head hard on the end of the mat at one point. Daviari and his new gimmick showed up and costed Creed the match with a chairshot to Creed, followed by Petey hitting the Destroyer to a huge pop. After, Davairi cuts a decent promo in the ring with the red, white, and blue Creed being his first "target"....played up the arab gimmick bigtime here, against the USA type of thing. I'll say this much, that one segment made me more interested in Davairi than I ever was in WWE.

Nash claims he is going to "take care" of Sting so he doesn't interfere in the main event, followed by Joe cutting a promo on Booker.

Ladies tag up.....The BP got a new theme song that really sounds like shit.

The women's match opened with one of the most unusual comedy spots Ive ever seen. Velvet Sky brings in some spray perfume and starts spraying it around the ring because she thought ODB was stinking it up. Then, ODB takes the perfume, acts like she might drink it or something, and then ends up spraying her own crotch with it. Rest of the match was alright, good crowd heat again, Kong gets in a lot of offense, Taylor pins Love with, surprise surprise, a rollup. Pretty standard stuff, at least the finish itself I thought could have been better, but the rest of it was not bad at all.

3D is looking for Sting and apparently they are both scared of the heights and/or the dark......ummm ok. Very stupid segment, the Duds don't play the bumbling idiots routine all that well, I'd just rather have them be redneck assholes and leave it at that.

Beer Money v. LAX.....Filthee is doing the LAX theme live for their intro, people are into it. Way way better than the intro rap shit.

That was a damn good tag title match, total opposite from their match at the last ppv. That border toss was great. They played up the Homicide eye injury angle from the glass table well in how it played into the finish too. Beer Money deserved the belts after a match like that.

What the fuck were Nash and Sting even referring to when Nash said "these guys just don't know" ---- know what?!

FIRE RUSSO chant~!

Which was preceded by a loud boring chant as well. This match was quite the mess, though, so the chants were worthy for TNA to not do another match like this again, and another storyline like this again for that matter. More Val stupidity with her freaking out over Lethal choking Dutt with the chain, but at least the finish was clean with no bullshit after the match. I'm betting that on Thursday, Val turns heel on Lethal and either goes with Dutt or another guy entirely.

That street fight match was pretty good, akin to the old ECW matches that went all over the arena, etc. Finish was kind of weak though, Bubba didn't go through the table spear spot. Abyss runs in after to no surprise. They're definately telling a story with Abyss that he's not using weapons anymore I guess, more reasoning why they are just probably going to call him Prince Justice here soon.

Holy shit, Styles took a sick bump off the entrance ramp to the floor, accidentally hitting his head on a stage light on the way down, ouch. Angle follows it with a somersault dive onto Styles on the floor from the ramp. Big spots there. Crowd is great tonight too, loud as hell.

Why wouldn't you just tap out while in a submission hold? Then the guy gets off of you and you have 10 seconds to recover

Dude, you're like a psychic.

Sick finish, top rope DDT, Styles wins. Strong match, but even if its a worked injury sell, thats an extremely dangerous move for Angle to take, a top rope DDT.

My guess is Angle will sell an injury and then they will do Styles-Angle blowoff at Bound For Glory.