TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Hard Justice 08 Thread

WTF, after Styles did a heel move and came back to the ring to attack Angle one more time, Sting then shows up and lays out Styles?! Heel turn?

lol at Nash just slowly walking out afterwards to talk to Sting.

I'm trying to think of the reasoning of Sting attacking Joe and Styles that won't constitute him going heel. And I'm drawing blanks.

He thinks the younger guys don't respect the established guys? He's attacked both Joe and Styles when they have excessively attacked their opponents (after both matches have broken down or finished) like a heel would typically do. I don't know what that means exactly but thats the story of it, I guess.

I'm trying to think of the reasoning of Sting attacking Joe and Styles that won't constitute him going heel. And I'm drawing blanks.

He thinks the younger guys don't respect the established guys? He's attacked both Joe and Styles when they have excessively attacked their opponents (after both matches have broken down or finished) like a heel would typically do. I don't know what that means exactly but thats the story of it, I guess.

He's trying to keep them from walking down the path of darkness, keep them honest or something?

Yeah, I got nothing.

All I can figure is I'm seeing a Nash/Sting v. Joe/Styles match next ppv, possibly.

Do TNA PPVs go until 11, or will this be really short?

They will go near as top of the hour as they can.

I'm still laughing about that ridiculous ending to the ppv, wow........just wow......only in fuckin TNA.

Seriously though, the rest of the pay per view, except Lethal/Dutt was tremendous, especially Styles/Angle. Unfortunately, that weapons cage match was, moreless, the shits. I don't get how it helps either Joe or Booker at all in that Jarrett supposedly sent a guitar from the rafters. I guess maybe thats the point, it wasn't supposed to be about them, more about how Jarrett is coming back, oh boy. Yee haw.....

They might do Booker/Joe again at the next ppv, given the shmoz that finish was (again for Booker/Joe, two months in a row). And Styles/Sting as well. Jarrett probably officially returns at the next ppv too in some non-wrestling capacity (special ref for Booker/Joe?).

Odds on Jarrett against Joe at Bound For Glory? I honestly hope not. I could see them do some four way match though, Sting/Nash/Jarrett/Joe for the title. And then Angle/Styles one last time as well on top.

It's too bad the main event had to be such a craptastic deal, otherwise I thought the show was real good.

All roads lead to BFG at this point.

I'd put Sting/Joe down as a lock for that show...with Sting probably beating Styles next month to get there.

I'd guess JJ makes his in ring return at the BFG show too...and from the end of tonights show...I'd guess against Booker.

That leaves Angle and Styles either back together after a month off...or finding new dance partners.

This PPV was pretty good tonight besides that horrible Lethal/Dutt match, and the main event, but the return of Jeff Jarrett? :o There is nothing good that can come of that. TNA has way too many stars on their roster, and Jarrett has been off TV for so long that people just forgot about him, so there is nowhere to put him in TNA right now. I really just hope that he has a match with Booker T, and thats it.

BFG should be Joe/Styles for the title, with Styles going over, but that made too much sense and wasn't a big enough cluster fuck.

I miss JJ, I'm glad he's coming back, but it could've waited until after BFG.

You know, the minute Angle went down with the "injury" vs. Styles I figured that had to mean Jarrett was coming back. It's like those guys can't exist on the roster together, as though they think the awesomeness of both guys is just too much for us to handle at once.

If JJ is coming back to help get some guys over then I'm okay with it. If he's there to be the Savior of TNA and take out Joe and win the belt, then this will suck.

After tonight I can safely say that they have wrecked Joe's title run. That match with Booker had zero heat of a positive nature, and the crowd turned on both men (or just didn't react). The rest of the show was very good though aside from the Dutt/Lethal fiasco, but I assumed that would suck going in. Overall TNA has much better actual ringwork than WWE, but that has never been their problem.

I just got home from the show and had an awesome time. Lethal/Dutt stunk and I actually used the first half of it as a piss break, but I returned to people telling me I missed nothing of note and "boring" chants. Angle/AJ was just awesome and I think might have actually drained us for the main event. But I also think we were all waiting for the match to pick up. I know I wasn't watching the clock. I actually thought the match was fairly decent but the end came out of nowhere and I think we really expected a 2nd Act for that match. The end definitely didn't go over well and the crowd was just kind of dumbfounded by it. But again, I think we might have been a bit burnt out. That being said I didn't think we were dead. Just waiting for something that never came. I didn't notice turning on either guy, really, although both guys had their fans and detractors in the crowd.

The street fight also added to the burn out as it really was a fun ECW type match. The X Title match and Women's match were both a lot of fun that the crowd was really into. And yeah, it became clear early on that this was a very NY ECW type crowd when Petey couldn't buy a boo and Creed was rode hard for the mistakes and got responses from the good. I also happened to be seated behind Velvet Sky and for half the match she was kind enough to hop in the ropes and give us a show we appreciated.

As a silly aside we were actually seated on the side of the stage right by what many of the TNA folk like JB were using as an entrance backstage. Russo was routinely wandering out to watch the show and interacted just a little with fans. My section seemed especially motivated to boo him believing he was right there behind the curtain hear it.

Crowd seemed great from my perspective but the ENTIRE side of the arena behind the camera was empty and darkened. So seemed like a rough draw. Then again it was Trenton and a lot of those fans seemed to be NYers like me with a long drive there and back (I even encountered quite a few at the rest stop on the Turnpike). So maybe something a little less than an hour and a half from the city would do better. Of course a lot of the crowd also seemed to be Philly folks, who also fit into the "ECW" feel of the crowd. Trenton is probably closer to Philly than NY but not too close to either. Either might be a better market.

Overall TNA has much better actual ringwork than WWE

This made me laugh. Out loud. Really, it was more a "heh" than a "hahahaha" but it was audible.

I know its Cabbageboy, but still.

If JJ is coming back to help get some guys over then I'm okay with it. If he's there to be the Savior of TNA and take out Joe and win the belt, then this will suck.

Hey I wouldn't mind them taking the belt off of Joe. His title Reign has turned into a Rey Jr. type title reign. He's been made to look like a chump.