TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (8/11/2008)

At SummerSlam, John Cena and Batista face off one-on-one for the first time ever. On Monday night though, the two Superstars had to join forces as they faced World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. In spite of some infighting, and neither of these dominant competitors wanting to give an inch, Cena & Batista defeated Rhodes & DiBiase to become the new World Tag Team Champions.

While preparing to face each other at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer, will Cena & Batista be able to retain their gold? Can these rivals possibly coexist? We'll find out this Monday, as the former champions exercise their rematch clause to face Cena & Batista once again, attempting to regain the World Tag Team Championship.

Since coming to Raw in the 2008 WWE Draft, Kane has been on a mission of devastation, affecting those in and outside the ring all while making cryptic references to “he” and whether he is alive or dead. The Big Red Monster has kept a burlap sack clutched to his side throughout, the contents of which remain shrouded in mystery.

On Raw, new General Manager Mike Adamle decided that the sack has remained enigmatic for long enough, and in an attempt to give the WWE Universe what they want, has promised to make Kane disclose the contents of the bag on next week’s Raw. Will Kane simply allow the GM to look in his fiercely guarded bag? And what could the Big Red Monster be hiding?

Ever since World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk won the title, JBL has decried the Straightedge Superstar as a “paper champion,” who won gold on a fluke. On Monday, the self-made millionaire pinned Punk in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match to face the World Heavyweight Champion at SummerSlam. Then, as first-seen on WWE Mobile on AT&T, JBL went on to challenge Punk to a contest he knows the Straightedge Superstar "CAN'T win." What is this mystery challenge, and will the World Heavyweight Champion be able to prevail? Full story...

On Raw, Shawn Michaels participated in his first interview since being severely injured at the hands of Chris Jericho during their match at The Great American Bash. HBK verified that he was suffering from a detached retina, and that his future as a WWE Superstar was in question. With one more medical evaluation to go, Michaels will be present at SummerSlam to share the results with the WWE Universe. What will Michaels’ doctors determine? Will we see HBK in action again?

For the answers to these questions and more, be sure to tune into Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT only on USA Network.

I'll probably be gone all day tomorrow, so I put this up and pinned it.

I want to go there tonight, but the only seats left are way up in the upper upper deck and cost $40+ fees or you can sit BEHIND the titantron for $20. Not doing that shit for a Raw.

I want to go there tonight, but the only seats left are way up in the upper upper deck and cost $40+ fees or you can sit BEHIND the titantron for $20. Not doing that shit for a Raw.

Who the hell would buy those seats, especially the ones behind the titantron?

This sounds kinda gay.

It's not behind the TitanTron but it's a partial view so part of your view of like the wrestler's entrance is obscured.

This sounds kinda gay.

It's not behind the TitanTron but it's a partial view so part of your view of like the wrestler's entrance is obscured.

See it doesn't sound so bad, but I had those seats back in 99 for a Raw. Basically you're way up top where JBL's limo comes out. The sound system was shitty so you couldn't hear what was being said on the mic. Only thing of intrest you'll see are the agents hanging out watching the matches.

What a terrible buildup for Cena-Batista. This promo is unbearable.

Batista was right.

From Rajah.com

"The buildups to big matches where Triple H and I are the perfect example. We had such a buildup for our match. Cena and I being in such a marquee match, I really wish the buildup had been allowed." He also added, "I think a match like that deserves the fan's emotional investment. It's way too soon. It's just an attraction match and I think it's more valuable than that, I think it's been wasted a little bit. It will still be a hell of a match, I just wish some more emotional investment put into the match. Right now, I feel it's more of an attraction, something that's new and fresh.

So far, this has been a very lack luster show. The opening promo was boring, and the Beth/Kelly match wasn't very good. The Santino/Mickie match was very whatever, and Santino was not very funny tonight. I like some of his stuff with Beth, but when he talks, he annoys me.