TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Ron "R-Truth" Killings

I have to say, it's been a while since I've been sort of intrigued by a debut. I can't remember the last guy they hyped up this much with that many promos and more to come.

The interesting part about him is that he's been in the WWE. We all know how they used him the first time around. Then he went to TNA got a little better and became TNA Champion.

So now he's back and using his past real life as a gimmick. With that, here are a few questions.

On the Smackdown side is he a face or heel?

Will the fans get behind him immediately?

Where will he peak at? US Title or WWE Championship?

Can he become a big enough star?

Where do you see him by Wrestlemania 25?

On the Smackdown side is he a face or heel? Judging by his hype videos, I see him as a face for now.

Will the fans get behind him immediately? Well, the kids love them some rap. The guy's got some great speed and agility, and is a solid wrestler. I think he'll have no problem earning fan support. As a side note, I saw him wrestle a dark match prior to the RAW tapings on March 24th, against Paul London. He got an instant pop upon his entrance, and had the crowd behind him throughout the bout.

Where will he peak at? US Title or WWE Championship? I see him getting into the US title picture very soon. It's a little soon to predict if he will become a viable main eventer.

Can he become a big enough star? He'll definitely get popular in a hurry.

Where do you see him by Wrestlemania 25? Wrestling for the US title, or in MitB at least.

Nice to see there is some heat for him in a good way. Really though, he is a different type of debut, because it's a re-debut basically erasing his first run.

If he's a face, I just hope he doesn't replicate a lot of the rapping like he did with Road Dogg in 2000. That R-Truth, we don't need.

If he's gonna get into the US title picture, then I guess that's an insta-feud with Shelton.

I think The Truth will get over quite well in WWE. It's been long enough ago that most people have forgotten his 2000 stint as K-Kwik. He would make a solid US champ on SD but the thing is SD is a show with such a crazy glass ceiling that no one can break through. Who besides HHH, UT, or Edge is going to be WWE champ anytime soon? And there are guys like Jeff Hardy and MVP that have yet to break out of the midcard.

He would probably fare better on Raw, where he could either team or feud with Cena.

The Truth always ALWAYS had potential to be amazing. The WWE screwed up the first time through (teaming him with the Road Dogg with Dogg as the rapper? What?..course he helped out a little with his complete inability to not screw up in the ring) and then TNA just bumbled with him for years. His world title run was solid but his last years in the company, I don't know what the hell was going on but they had NOTHING for him.

I don't know what it is about Killings but every time it looks like things are going to go great for him, it all collapses because of lousy booking.

On the Smackdown side is he a face or heel?: As a face, which is probably for the best.

Will the fans get behind him immediately?: I'm still on the fence. People are mentioning him rapping but judging from the promos, he's going to be doing the 'I came from the streets and made something of my life' inspirational story. In which case, it's either going to succeed for a while before he needs a new edge, or it's going to bomb. Watching the last video I knew they'd done this angle before and I couldn't remember with who or when... but, it's just hit me, "Make A Difference" Fatu. 'Nuff said.

Where will he peak at? US Title or WWE Championship?: Probably US Title. He's a natural for a feud with Shelton in a couple of months.

Can he become a big enough star?: Again, it depends on how far this inspirational story thing goes, because it's got a small shelflife. He's got an exciting offence which'll help. And his 'WHASSUP' chant during matches seems made for WWE crowds.

Where do you see him by Wrestlemania 25?: I'll say Money In The Bank as well. I don't see him warranting a singles feud of any sort that early in his WWE run.

He's got potential to be really good. Very athletic and has gotten much better in the ring. I remember when I used to watch TNA, that guy was the highlight of the show every week and always had the crowd eating out of the palm of his had. Even though he was a heel.

He needs to lose those stupid braids though. They look like the braids that little girls wear and he's been rocking those things forever.

On the Smackdown side is he a face or heel?: As a face, which is probably for the best.

Will the fans get behind him immediately?: I'm still on the fence. People are mentioning him rapping but judging from the promos, he's going to be doing the 'I came from the streets and made something of my life' inspirational story. In which case, it's either going to succeed for a while before he needs a new edge, or it's going to bomb. Watching the last video I knew they'd done this angle before and I couldn't remember with who or when... but, it's just hit me, "Make A Difference" Fatu. 'Nuff said.

Where will he peak at? US Title or WWE Championship?: Probably US Title. He's a natural for a feud with Shelton in a couple of months.

Can he become a big enough star?: Again, it depends on how far this inspirational story thing goes, because it's got a small shelflife. He's got an exciting offence which'll help. And his 'WHASSUP' chant during matches seems made for WWE crowds.

Where do you see him by Wrestlemania 25?: I'll say Money In The Bank as well. I don't see him warranting a singles feud of any sort that early in his WWE run.

Him?

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...lly-in-ac_sport

Watching the last video I knew they'd done this angle before and I couldn't remember with who or when... but, it's just hit me, "Make A Difference" Fatu. 'Nuff said.

Don't forget they also tried it with Shelton. The whole, "I was terrified everyday and I had to bring a gun for SCHOOL!" bit... which just ended up becoming a Lawler punchline for a month or so.

Killings is going to be feuding with MVP for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if MVP transitions to him right after jobbing to Jeff.

I have to admit, after watching him the last few weeks, I like some, can also see R-Truth becoming HUGE.

He's slowly getting a bigger and bigger pop each week, the entrance is great, and he really brings it in the ring.

I really hope they put the US title on him soon down the road. I wonder where he'll be in a year and heck, maybe by the Rumble, he could be pushed strong then.