TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yankovic fan

OMG! They killed Chef!

It's just a question of how many people here have listened to his albums vs know him as not only Chef, but his many film roles. He was an accomplished actor and humanitarian, putting this in the music folder is an insult. If anything, it should be in general.

FUCK! Another music legend gone...

Worst weekend ever.

Rest in peace, Mr. Hayes.

Guest Smues

I was always a big fan, and being a Scientologist didn't bug me, but the whole South Park debacle did. But he was still awesome. RIP. Asneeze will be missed.

Like a lot of people, I'll remember him most for the Shaft theme song and playing Chef. It's a shame -- I always hoped he would be able to make up with Trey & Matt for some type of reunion. Either way, R.I.P.

As we all know, these things happen in threes. And right now, the trio theme seems to be chubby black guys. So it could either be James Earl Jones or Mo'Nique that gets it tomorrow.

I bet more people know him from South Park than anything really.

Thanks for the stunning observation!

It's just a question of how many people here have listened to his albums vs know him as not only Chef, but his many film roles. He was an accomplished actor and humanitarian, putting this in the music folder is an insult. If anything, it should be in general.

ya, the guy was only in the music industry for over 40 years and was one of the greatest and most prolific song-writers of the 60's. if you assholes don't know him for his music, then you're only depriving yourselves of some great songs and proving to be a set of numbnuts.

I'll be interested to see what/if anything Trey and Matt do with this but beyond that it's sad to see him go to the grave with such a warped view.

Isn't Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes in a movie coming out together? I'd hate to be in that film as well. Hope there is no "curse" of that film.

I ain't saying I don't appreciate or know his music, I'm saying that it's blatantly lying to yourself to think that's what he's primarily known for.

Isn't Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes in a movie coming out together? I'd hate to be in that film as well. Hope there is no "curse" of that film.

The other main star is Samuel L. Jackson. Ain't no curse gonna hold down Samuel L. Jackson. And rest easy, even after Samuel L. Jackson dies, the next four years will hold at least 150 more projects he participated in.

It's sad about Hayes. I saw the Super Adventure Club South Park just a few nights ago and wondered still if there ever would be any reconciliation between Parker/Stone and Hayes.

I ain't saying I don't appreciate or know his music, I'm saying that it's blatantly lying to yourself to think that's what he's primarily known for.

maybe anyone under the age of 13 would primarily know him for being a cartoon charachter. shaft? exactly. dumbass.

You're just wrong and you know it. Walk up to people on the street and ask them if you disagree. You've been a queer about music for too long, it's getting to your head.

shaft.

maybe the skids i went to high school with and comedically challenged would remember him solely from south park.

and accomplished actor? lets get serious.

Yeah, I was just being pissy when I said that. He was in Uncle Sam and shit. But not for nothing, Shaft is a movie.

I like the music of middle aged black people too, I'm just saying South Park is clearly more popular than anything else he did, no getting around it. Kinda like how like it or not, most people probably know Richard Harris from Harry Potter. Not saying it's right or wrong, just true.

Yeah, I was just being pissy when I said that. He was in Uncle Sam and shit. But not for nothing, Shaft is a movie.

I like the music of middle aged black people too, I'm just saying South Park is clearly more popular than anything else he did, no getting around it. Kinda like how like it or not, most people probably know Richard Harris from Harry Potter. Not saying it's right or wrong, just true.

I'm the same way. "Walk On By" is my favorite Hayes song, especially for that awesome intro.

In addition to the movie he was doing, just a few weeks ago they finally set a release date for the caught in production hell Return To Sleepaway Camp DVD. It features Isaac as the head cook (chef!?) at the camp in the film. So while it'll be out in October, it's something he filmed roughly 4 years ago.