TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Heel turns that the wrestler didn't blame the fans?

From Bret Hart to Shawn Michaels to Stone Cold to The Rock, etc..............

Pretty much every guy that turned heel blamed the fans with the old line I tried to please them, they turned on me, etc...........

Has their been anyone that turn heel and it wasn't our fault?

Why did he turn heel again? I wasn't watching WCW in 1999 and I know many guys made stupid heel turns.

What was Sting's excuse?

I think Luger and Hogan were playing tug of war with Sting in terms of trying to lobby for him to side with either guy. Of course, why he would believe the very guy who's screwed him over repeatedly, is beyond me. The turn didn't take and Sting was a face again without actually turning a few weeks later.

Wasn't Steve Austin's 2001 heel run based on the fact he needed Vinces help to beat The Rock?

I don't think the fans were mentioned.

I though he blamed it on all of us wanting Rocky and we thought Austin was no good anymore?

Remember the "what's wrong with Stone Cold?" line?

Jake Roberts. I think he turned because he felt evil. Sid Justice turned because he wanted a piece of Hogan.

Maybe the more appropriate scope should be the Attitude / Post-Attitude era.

Pretty much every guy that turned heel blamed the fans with the old line I tried to please them, they turned on me, etc...........

No.

No.

Correct... well except for examples listed in this thread plus more unmentioned examples...

I could be wrong, but I don't think the fans were mentioned when Sid turned on Hulk Hogan in '92. I think he stated he was simply sick of Hogan stealing his spotlight, or something along those lines.

Rick Martel by leaving Tito Santana high and dry during their Wrestlemania 5 tag match because Tito accidentally hit him.

Shawn Michaels because he felt Marty Jannetty had been holding him back in his wrestling career. Shawn Michaels years later because he wanted to fight Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam.

Ric Flair in 1999 because he went on a power trip.

DDP for cheating in matches shortly after winning the WCW Title.

The Undertaker in 2001 because he wanted J.R. to be more respectful to Vince McMahon or some shit like that.

Roddy Piper at WM 19 because he hated Hogan.

The Hurricane because Rosey sucked.

Randy Orton because he wanted to end Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, and Kurt Angle all have turned heel just because they wanted to be WWE Champion again.

Why did he turn heel again? I wasn't watching WCW in 1999 and I know many guys made stupid heel turns.

What was Sting's excuse?

Enter Lex Luger to stir some shit. Hogan had a title defense against Sting at Fall Brawl so Luger tried to convince Sting that Hogan was in fact the Hummer Driver (there were of course lots of fake Stings being seen in Hummers to make people think Sting did it). Surely the pictures of Hogan standing next to a wrong colored Hummer was conclusive evidence.

Jake Roberts. I think he turned because he felt evil.

He turned heel by joining forces with The Ultimate Warrior's enemy, the Undertaker.

Sid Justice turned because he wanted a piece of Hogan.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the fans were mentioned when Sid turned on Hulk Hogan in '92. I think he stated he was simply sick of Hogan stealing his spotlight, or something along those lines.

He was mad at Hogan for costing him the WWF Championship at the Royal Rumble. When Hogan was named the number one contender for Ric Flair, Sid went apeshit and started attacking jobbers left and right until Hogan accepted his challenge to a match at Wrestlemania!

Owen Hart in 1994 because he was tired of being in Bret's shadow.

Ric Flair and the Horsemen in 1990 because Sting wanted a title shot against Flair (well, and because he's Ric Flair).

The Radicalz in 2000 because they wanted to get jobs in the WWF.

Since someone mentioned Piper's turn on Hogan @ WM 19 thought i'd bring this up

Does Piper screw up? He gets in the ring & spits at Hogan, kicks McMahon, spits at Hogan again, spits on McMahon, then does the old "I'm gonna hit McMahon.....NO, HE HIT HOGAN!!!" I mean it wasn't a shocker considering we had no clue why he was there & he came in the ring & spit on both guys.

This should prolly go in the question thread but oh well