TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

There's a big difference between BJ's dickishness and Matt Hughes. Matt Hughes is trying to humiliate people and be BMOC...that's the kind of stuff I can't stand.

BJ is just a sarcastic wiseass and since that rings true to me a bit I seem to enjoy it.

I have nothing legit bad to say about GSP... he's obviously one of, if not the, classiest fighters in all of MMA but I just find myself liking Penn better.

Holding onto a choke too long and wiping blood off your opponent when he's receiving medical attention = Sarcastic wiseass?

Heat of the moment, shit like that happens when you actually get into a fight... I can't really hold that against BJ.

Holding onto a choke too long and wiping blood off your opponent when he's receiving medical attention = Sarcastic wiseass?

Well, he promised the blood thing before the fight... I guess he thought he had to deliver? I don't know.

As for the choke, well I got nothing.

I don't remember him holding onto the choke for too long after the tap out. And if he didn't, it wasn't on Babalu levels or anything.

BJ even admit to holding on to the choke a little bit longer then he should have... Difference is Babalu acted like a disrespectful punk and yelled on the mic "HE DESERVED THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!", where as BJ shook Jens hand and gave him respect.

Well, he promised the blood thing before the fight... I guess he thought he had to deliver? I don't know.

As for the choke, well I got nothing.

Not really buying that. It's not like Dana told BJ he's not champion if he doesn't do it or anything. In the heat of a fight is one thing but to run up while Sherk is surrounded by his cornermen and doctor's is just straight-up disrespectful and rude. Not to mention his horribly fake "apology" after the fight.

So apparently this isn't going down until 2009* which makes sense in terms of UFC hitting up MTL for New Years. They'd make more money in Vegas and already have Nog/Mir and Wanderlei/TBA as the big fights lined up.

*I hope I'm wrong

Your GSP hatred is one of the better-kept secrets of this forum.

I find him to be a highly-talented, well-accomplished, but ultimately annoying, disingenuous, nipple-pinching frog with an equally exasperating fanbase.

Let's be real here though, you hated him from the moment you first locked eyes. It's very irrational. You've forgiven other fighters *cough*Kid Yamamoto*cough* for far worse transgressions than whatever this nice Quebecer has done.

I think it's all about the fanbase in both people hating either of these guys. If you're a fan of fighting, there's no reason to hate either of them. Unless you're one of those people that wants to have perfect role models in sports who do no wrong EVER and want vanilla bland type personalities. In which case, you're a fucking faggot.

Let's be real here though, you hated him from the moment you first locked eyes. It's very irrational. You've forgiven other fighters *cough*Kid Yamamoto*cough* for far worse transgressions than whatever this nice Quebecer has done.

I'll admit that he didn't endear himself to me by beating Karo, but I don't think I actively disliked him just then.

Anyway, "worse" is subjective. Yamamoto has never tried to present himself as anything other than a cocky piece-of-shit who loves to put off a thug persona, While I won't argue that Georges is probably a decent guy, his whole "Nice Guy" persona seems meticulously pushed to 11 at almost all times, which is annoying in itself, and simply makes the few times he lets his guise slip a bit all the more obvious.

BJ can't stop him... Return of the Rush. I might trash talk GSP because he's basically destroyed and sucked all the will out of fighting from my boy, Hughes... but he's a real treat to watch. I can't wait for the match. If there's anyone who can stop GSP these days outside of him moving up and challenging Silva... it's BJ.

The only real problem I had with BJ during the Sherk fight was the apology. Any disrespect, including the blood licking is fine to me because Sherk is a punk. He cheated while as a champion and then whined for months that he didn't deserve to lose the belt.

I like it when fighters show each other class and respect after the fight but that's not always warranted. Sometimes you just don't like a person.

So - I repeat. The only problem I had with BJ was apologizing afterwards. Oh, and also putting up a video a month or so ago of him and Sherk hanging out. Fuck that.

Tong, understandable that you might not want to rock the banner, but do you want to be involved in the sig bet?

To be fair, she already throws some good strikes. She's also kneed me in the head more than a few times. Mind you, she's trying to crawl over me instead of trying to fight, but still.

All that aside, we're pretty certain that her first word will be "bollocks" or "bloody" (the wife's from England).