TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

- The Florida athletic commission states that BJ vs. GSP is now only 3 rounds. The first round is just boxing. The second round is wrestling. The third round is MMA. Neither fighter is happy about this, especially since they have to wear goalie masks (think current NHL and less Jason Voorhees) when boxing. The fight breaks down with both fighters refusing to fight until the MMA round. I wake up before that happens. I don't know who wins. Needless to say, I was NOT happy with this and demanded my money back. In some way, I still want my money back. Terrifying dream.

How did your dream not start with the reveal that Vince Russo is now the Florida Athletic Commissioner?

Nah, it would have been VinnyRu if the fight were a spam/poutine on a pole match.

Amazing show, as I expected.

Not too high on that bs trickery ending... making it look like BJ is pussin' out on training again. God forbid he takes a few days off. That's intentional as well - they want people doubting.

"I know if you see something like me slacking, that ain't true," Penn said. "I'm training so hard for this fight. I'm going to be the champion. If you see some [expletive] like me slacking on the show, don't believe the hype."

-From an MMAJunkie interview posted earlier today

Ever heard of the concept of talking a big game because you are compensating for something? Classic example right there.

And that's not a bias, it's proven. If you can't see that then...well...it's pretty obvious who's biased here.

Ever heard of the concept of talking a big game because you are compensating for something? Classic example right there.

And that's not a bias, it's proven. If you can't see that then...well...it's pretty obvious who's biased here.

Or maybe it's because he wants victory that much more... BJ has no reason to be scared of GSP. Maybe if GSP absolutely destroyed him in the 1st fight he would have reason to be, but thats not the case.

BJ Penn wouldn't be scared if God came down in flesh and wanted to fight him. He's never been scared of no one, and he has no reason to be now. When you're as naturally gifted and talented as BJ Penn, there is no need to be scared.

Or maybe he is talking shit because he is that much more confident, I bet you didn't think of that... Right?

When has BJ ever shown to be scared of anyone?

He's talking shit for one reason: to sell PPVs. Making it as divisive as possible - you either love BJ and enjoy what he's saying, or you hate him and want to see him get whooped. He knows the kind of following GSP has, he knows the kind of following he has, all it's going to do is add fuel to the fire.

I admittedly need to wait another couple of hours to see the show, but I find it hard to imagine BJ being afraid of anyone, regardless of how good he is or isn't; his ego simply won't allow it.

Funny, I just looked up the definition of "scared" in Websters and it's listed under "Getting thoroughly outwrestled and pounded out for five rounds."

Weird, no?

On a daily average, how many people tell you you're not funny?

A) 1-5

B) 5-10

C) 10+

D) I know I'm not funny

The trash talk in this thread has been awesome.

On a related note, I'm really looking forward to this fight. The show on Spike last night was pretty good too...and before it they had Unleashed on with Penn/GSP I, Penn/Stevenson, and GSP/Hughes. I've even considered (gasp) splitting the outrageous cost for the fight with a friend in order to check it out live (even though we could just go to the bar and watch it for free, but he's a jackass and doesn't like going out). I started getting into watching UFC in the summer, I've seen most of the fights from 86-92. I don't know anything about it except it's fun to watch people get knocked the fuck out, which I guess is how most everyone got into it anyway.

No, I'm just going off the UFC announcement that it's sold out. Another poster in this thread is pretty good at checking out all possible deals and he mentioned in the first half of this page that people are asking for $500 minimum for the show.

I heard BJ was getting pampered like a prince. He had coaches taking off his handwraps and toweling him off. Glad to see he's still a spoiled kid.

Over here GSP gets thrown to the wolves all the time, there are guys every sparring session that can't wait to kill him just to say they took a round from the UFC WW champ. He's always having to fight hungry lions to make sure he doesn't get complacent.

He takes this in a big way.

But if you believe BJ that's all selective editing designed to make fans doubt him. Rudy Valentino did an interview and said that Dana has never called Hawaii before to check on how BJ's training is going on any other fight so it's likely just manufactured drama.

Last night was the highest ratest countdown show in UFC history. Let's hope that record only lasts for 1 week and then 1 week again.