TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

Dude's from Alberta. They have, like, 10 black people in the entire province.

Wrong. There is 20,540 black people in Calgary.

*20,539½

*20,539½

Regarding Kim, I think he throws straighter punches but I think Karo is the more elusive striker and hits harder too. I think much like Yoshida Kim's striking is very basic. I think he gets the shit GnP'ed out of him though, I think Karo is smart enough to not spend too much time on the feet.

He's got a chance (surprised that both you AND blue picked him) but not much of one in my opinion. If you think Brown's style gassed him out, well, they don't call him the Heat for nothing.

I'm hoping Jones knocks out Bonnar too. He's got huge potential, and Bonnar kinda sucks.

I have no reason to believe that Karo hits harder than Kim at this point, both have defensive liabilities, and I don't think Brown gassed Kim (as Brown did next to nothing but defend in the first round); Kim did it to himself. He's shown before he can fight for at a good clip for 15 minutes, though not yet against someone like Karo, I'll admit. As for Blue, we both favor Kim, but for different reasons.

I'm interested in your picks, also. This card is one of the hardest cards I've ever seen to predict.

Of course. There's no Rashad for you to hate on :P

*20,539½

Mixed folks like me dont count in the stats. I'm considered in the "other" minortiies... :(

St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn

I think St. Pierre is the better fighter since their first encounter. I think GSP will weather an early onslaught from Penn and take control with kicks and takedowns. The superior athleticism will come through and Penn won't be able to hold up.

Winner- GSP RD 3 KO 2:58

Machida vs Silva

This is a nightmare matchup for Silva as he doesn't have the ability to pressure Machida enough to throw him off balance.

Winner- Machida RD 3 KO GNP 3:43

Kim VS Parisyan

Parisyan should still have enough skill to handle someone like Kim. Karo desperately needs the win so he stays conservative with leg kicks and jabs.

Winner- Parisyan by Unanimous decision.

Diaz VS Guida

Diaz is clearly the superior fighter and that is why I'm picking Guida!

I think Diaz will look to brawl with Guida instead of emploring his superior skill and get caught with an over-hand right!

Winner- Guida 1st RD KO 2:34

Bonnar vs Jones

Winner-Bonnar by unanimous decision.

Fitch VS Gono

I think Gono can negate Fitch's superior size and strength with takedowns and frustrate him. Its not pretty but.

W T B V F O H M

I know as a mod I'm supposed to frown on that but I have to admit the directness of the comment with no real explanation made me chuckle a bit.

I'm pretty sure far worse has been thrown around here before with little adversity coming from it. I think we're probably a thicker-skinned sort than the rest of fags and pansies on the board if that's what passes as objectionable.

Besides, my ability to effectively tell stories will be seriously hampered if I can't utilize racial epithets and tell doubters to go fuck their mothers.