TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

Impact! Spoilers for 8/14

These are quick results I found on gerweck.net:

(1) Consequences Creed & the Motorcity Machine Guns d. the Prince Justice Brotherhood.

(2) Christian Cage & Rhino d. The Rock 'n Rave Infection.

(3) Matt Morgan d. Johnny Devine.

(4) Sheik Abdul Bashir d. Jay Lethal. After the match Sonjay came out and attacked Lethal.

(5) Taylor Wilde d. Christy Hemme with Traci Brooks as the special referee. After the match, Kong came to the ring and destroyed Taylor until Gail Kim made the save.

(6) Hernandez d. James Storm

Jim Cornette announced the main event for No Surrender. It will be Samoa Joe putting his title on the line in a Fatal 4 Way match. There will be 3 matches to decide who his opponents will be and the first one will take place next week with Booker T vs Rhino.

(7) AJ Styles d. Kurt Angle. The lights went out at one point and when they came back on Angle had a black bat. As he went use it they went out again and when they came back on this time AJ had a guitar which he used on Angle and got the win.

I like the use of Traci as the ref for Knockouts matches. She looks cute in the ref outfit.

Doesn't sound like to bad of a show match listing wise, though I don't get why Creed and The MCM wrestled The Prince Justice Brotherhood, I don't see a reason for the 6 of them to wrestle. I'm looking forward to seeing AJ vs Kurt even if the finish is just a repeat of Sunday, should be a overall good match.

Okay hang on a minute here. Are you telling me that Kurt Angle and AJ Styles have a rematch here just days after Angle damn near was "paralyzed" in the LMS match on PPV? The dude wasn't even moving and we thought his neck was broken.

I wonder if Taylor beat Hemme with another rollup finish?

Who called AJ/Angle on impact in the Hard Justice folder?

They need a cookie.

Apart from that it looks OK. Nothing spectacular. I can't believe they are still continuing the Jay/Dutt fued, it seems to have been going on forever.

(7) AJ Styles d. Kurt Angle. The lights went out at one point and when they came back on Angle had a black bat. As he went use it they went out again and when they came back on this time AJ had a guitar which he used on Angle and got the win

This company is stupid.

So I guess Jarrett is leading the TNA originals against Sting's Millionaires club or some shit?

Okay hang on a minute here. Are you telling me that Kurt Angle and AJ Styles have a rematch here just days after Angle damn near was "paralyzed" in the LMS match on PPV? The dude wasn't even moving and we thought his neck was broken.

Heck of a way to piss off the fans who paid to see them wrestle on the PPV, and then get it for free four days later.

So I guess Jarrett is leading the TNA originals against Sting's Millionaires club or some shit?

That is the idea, yes.

Fans are going to boo Sting over Jarrett. I haven't watched recently so maybe it's working, but I'm having a hard time believing that the heel turn will work now when it didn't work ten years ago.

Found this at 411mania.com, on the comments section within the news item so take it for what it's worth:

Creed & MCMG Vs. PJH was a dark match.

AJ Styles Vs. Kurt Angle is NOT a normal match. Its a Olympic Style Mat wrestling match with no ropes and three two minute periods. With point scoring.

If AJ wins then he gets Angle's Olympic Gold Medal

Doesn't a match where Kurt puts his medals on the line sound like something you'd put on PPV? And if it's with AJ, why not have it where Kurt wants another match with AJ, but AJ will only agree if Kurt puts the medals up? Maybe even throw in another Sting appearance to screw AJ out of the win?

Doesn't a match where Kurt puts his medals on the line sound like something you'd put on PPV? And if it's with AJ, why not have it where Kurt wants another match with AJ, but AJ will only agree if Kurt puts the medals up? Maybe even throw in another Sting appearance to screw AJ out of the win?

It's possible that AJ does only agree if he puts his medals up......these spoilers are always so short on info.

But yeah, having another AJ/Angle match this quickly is ridiculous considering the idea I thought was to put Angle on the shelf for a bit.

However, the whole argument about "giving away" AJ/Angle in this kind of match (which sounds moreless like an angle more than a match) when it was just on ppv is a bit overstated just because they did a seriously strong match at the ppv and this sounds nothing of the sort.

The point isn't however what sort of goofy gimmick match they have, it's the fact that Angle is wrestling AT ALL after seemingly being paralyzed with a broken neck after taking a top rope DDT on the PPV. This would be like if Shawn Michaels faced Chris Jericho on Raw the night after Jericho busted up his injured eye and the PPV match was stopped.

Call me crazy but I think the Dutt/Lethal feud just needed to be some insane Russo swerve kind of shit. They are trying for a more current WWE style soap opera angle here and it's just dragging on and on. Just have So Cal Val do a heel turn on Lethal and let us move on with our lives.

Don't forget Abyss as well. If he isn't in yet, he will. It's named after his indy gimmick, for god's sakes.

The thought of Abyss running around with Curry Man trying to pick up the Knockouts, drinking clam juice with Shark Boy, and ...uh, posing with Super Eric is by turns frightening and hilarious.

TNA doing AJ vs Kurt rematch a few days after the PPV is no different than when WWE did CM Punk vs Batista the night on Raw after the Bash. I don't get why people are already shitting all over the idea...well I do but I don't get why people are acting like TNA is the only company who does this.

TNA doing AJ vs Kurt rematch a few days after the PPV is no different than when WWE did CM Punk vs Batista the night on Raw after the Bash. I don't get why people are already shitting all over the idea...well I do but I don't get why people are acting like TNA is the only company who does this.

CM Punk vs. Batista isn't a match that could mean something, right now, on PPV, so it's not quite so bad to rematch it the next night on free TV.

And I don't recall anyone suggesting TNA is the only company to do this.

The Punk vs Batista match ment something on PPV as it was one of the main events of the show, then WWE basically just re-did the match the next night on Raw and maybe it's just me but whenever so many people just shit on the same TNA thing over and over again, it just sounds like they make it seem like TNA is the only company who does it. Granted they do the same thing over and over again but it just seems people give more shit to TNA rather than WWE.

The Punk vs Batista match ment something on PPV as it was one of the main events of the show, then WWE basically just re-did the match the next night on Raw and maybe it's just me but whenever so many people just shit on the same TNA thing over and over again, it just sounds like they make it seem like TNA is the only company who does it. Granted they do the same thing over and over again but it just seems people give more shit to TNA rather than WWE.

Punk vs. Batista might have been one of the main events, but for interest and business it didn't actually mean a whole lot, hence not a lot of outrage over doing a rematch the next night. AJ vs. Kurt, for TNA, is a match that can draw interest and do business, so naturally when the match gets rematched four days later there is going to be frustration.

People keep 'shitting on TNA' for the same mistakes over and over again because TNA makes the same mistakes over and over again. If WWE keep doing the same mistakes over and over again people will be just as critical of WWE as they are of TNA. It's just that WWE, usually, don't let things slide that far.

I don't recall Punk or Batista being seriously injured in storyline terms at the Bash. It went to a no decision, and then the match the next night on Raw went to a no decision. So there is still some money to be drawn on a decisive blowoff if they want to do so at some point.

Angle was stretchered out of the arena at the PPV, seemingly paralyzed or with a broken neck. Shouldn't he sell that sort of injury for more than a day or two?

While I still think its really screwed up for the company to book Angle back again this soon, and especially against Styles, I don't get why everyone is thinking this is a true "rematch" they are booking here, much less something they could make money off of a ppv match with. I mean cmon, three two minute rounds of "olympic style" wrestling?! It's moreless an angle. It's worth throwing on Impact..........however, I do still have issues that this occured this quickly after them doing a stretcher deal for Kurt on the ppv. I just hope they still push hard that Angle is still "injured" and shouldn't even be wrestling, at least. Or if Angle actually had a neck brace on or something, too.

Haha, that guy who predicted they'd rush AJ-Kurt is awesome

That was me, but I was really hoping that I'd be wrong. You know, kinda like I was knocking on wood by putting it out there.

AJ and Kurt shouldn't be anywhere near each other for a long time, mostly because Kurt should be off selling the injury.

I'm going to wait to watch the show to pass judgement. Maybe there is a backstage promo where Kurt says his doctors told him not to wrestle, but his hatred for AJ surpasses his own health, and that's why he is wrestling. Probably not, but I'm just going to wait. If there is no explaination, then, yeah, it's fucking dumb.

Spoilers for next week's Impact taken from 411mania.com via PWInsider.com. I think you all will love these:

- Hernandez of LAX d. Hector Guerrero.

- BG James & Eric Young d. The Motor City Machineguns. After the match, Shelley shook hands with James and Young but Sabin slapped BG which led to a brawl.

- Matt Morgan d. Frankie Capone. Team 3D attacked Morgan afterwards until Abyss came out and made the save.

- Booker T d. Rhino.

- Consequences Creed d. Petey Williams by DQ. Sheik Abdul Bashir interfered in the match which got Petey DQed. Afterwards, Petey got mad at Bashir.

- Awesome Kong d. Gail Kim in a Street Fight. Afterwards, Kong continued to beat on Kim until Kim's sister jumped in the ring. Kong was about to attack her but ODB and Roxxi made the save.

- AJ Styles d. Kurt Angle in a Ladder match to win Kurt Angle's Gold Medal. Both were on the ladder when the lights went out and Jeff Jarrett's music played. When the lights came back on, AJ had a guitar which he used to knock Angle out for the win.

Xplosion Matches

- ODB & Roxxi d. Rhaka Khan & Jackie Moore

- Black Machismo d. Johnny Devine

Spoilers for next week's Impact taken from 411mania.com via PWInsider.com. I think you all will love these:

- Hernandez of LAX d. Hector Guerrero.

Not sure how someone confused Hector with Robert Roode.