TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Foley to TNA????

Because it's playing to Mick's strengths, his promos and his charisma.

Yeah, but his biggest claim to fame is taking big bumps in No DQ matches. Which is what his promos and charisma almost always leads too.

The Gillespsie agency just released the following:

September 3, 2008 - Statement from Mick Foley on leaving WWE, his future with TNA Wrestling and other opportunities.

"As of today, I am a free agent in the world of professional wrestling. I will always be grateful to WWE for affording me so many incredible opportunities over the past thirteen years, but feel the time is right to pursue other endeavors.

This move frees me up to participate in more film, television and voice roles, autograph sessions, speaking engagements, volunteer work, and will allow me the time to start work on a third novel, a fourth wrestling memoir and a new children’s story.

Over the next few weeks I will be working with my management team at Braverman/Bloom Co., Inc. in pursuing a couple of unique investment opportunities.

I can confirm I have had discussions with TNA Wrestling and have come to a short-term agreement. I am very excited about the specifics of this agreement and the potential it holds.

"

Mick Foley is available for booking through The Gillespie Agency.

For

more information contact Elaine Gillespie ([email protected]) or Nola Armstrong ([email protected]).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Abyss storylines Dutch's work?

Well, this is what TNA wants us to believe. ;) Notice after any PPV that has a fire Russo chant, they release a statement the next day saying that Russo doesn't write this crap, and people are only jumping to the conclusion. I'm sorry, but TNA can't get me to believe that Dutch Mantell wrote that Sting/Abyss storyline. It was just WAY too bizarre.

From PWI:

At tonight's TNA Long Island house show, Mick Foley officially debuted, making a brief speech saying he believed in TNA and loved the product. He hammed it up with the crowd and said he hoped to make an "Impact". Foley received a big reaction from his hometown fans and led them in chanting the names of his youngest sons, who were in attendance. Foley came out to his old school "Born to be Wild" theme music from his early days on the indy scene.

Foley came out to his old school "Born to be Wild" theme music from his early days on the indy scene.

Any chance TNA's going to change it to a rip-off version soon?

Foley came out to his old school "Born to be Wild" theme music from his early days on the indy scene.

Any chance TNA's going to change it to a rip-off version soon?

Would it be odd to say that I would be disappointed if they don't do that?

I was at the show last night, and to say he got the pop of the night would be an understatement. The place went nuts for him and were chanting his name a few times at the start of the show. Sometime today or tomorrow I'm going to put up my review for the show.

Knowing TNA, Foley will probably be the special guest referee for the BFG main event.

He'll be the special guest enforcer.

Suffice to say, I'm betting Foley will show up at the next pay per view in Canada, do some promo of some sort, and more than likely someone will come out to set up a match with Foley against ??? at Bound For Glory.

If that IS the case, TNA should consider airing footage of Foley from the house show last night on Impact this week, and also trumpet all over the next show that Foley will be showing up on next Sunday.

Can TNA exactly sell the PPV based on Foley though? I thought next week's show was already in the can. Might be better to hold off and do his first big show at BFG in October, maybe run some vignettes on TV.

I'm still amazed they kept Angle a secret.

I should have brought this up earlier. I was talking to my best friend about this, because Foley's been his favorite wrestler all his life. We figure he'll work with Abyss, like everyone figures, but I was thinking. In Have a Nice Day, Mick says his favorite match was vs. Sting in 1992, until he faced Michaels in 96. I wondered aloud to my friend if Sting and Foley would try to top themselves (there's a supplemental story about Sting being disappointed when he found out his match was no longer Foley's favorite), and then I wondered if TNA could competently book and promote the match. So hopefully Mick does have creative control

Also, in 2000, Olympic Hero Kurt Angle vs Dude Love was my dream match but I suppose we won't get it.

A spoiler for Impact, from PWI:

*Jeff Jarrett came to the ring. He cut a promo on Sting, saying he was full of garbage. Jarrett said that AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were carrying the company while Sting is just trying to hold onto his position. He said Joe and AJ were carrying TNA before Kurt Angle and Sting came to TNA. Angle came out and said when Jarrett walked away "two years ago", he handpicked Angle to take his place and fill in his shoes. Angle said it was the worst decision he ever made. He said that Jeff walked away because he was washed up and challenged him to a match at Bound for Glory. Jarrett said he doesn't have it in him anymore, but knows who does. He pointed at the video screen where Mick Foley appeared and said, "Bang Bang!" Jarrett walked off and Angle stood there shocked. That appears to be the Impact-ending cliffhanger. They didn't say Foley would wrestle, but it was certainly implied.

Via today's Observer update....

--Mick Foley is not in Orlando today. He will make his first live appearance and do his first real interview on the show taped 9/29. He was in Orlando last night taping things. I was told the segment with Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle that ends the show that airs tomorrow night, was a tremendous verbal segment and was effective enough that when it was over, actually some fans were booing Sting's name when referenced. My impression is they expect the buys to be up significantly for the PPV.

Anyone else looking forward to Foley possiblity feuding with Sting again?