TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (8/15/2008)

As Jeff Hardy gets ready to face Montel Vontavious Porter at SummerSlam, he goes up against United States Champion Shelton Benjamin in a title encounter on SmackDown. Can Hardy upset Benjamin and go into Sunday as the new United States Champion? Or, will the Gold Standard stop the Legend Thriller?

After Mick Foley awakened a sadistic cruelty in Edge, the Rated-R Superstar has unleashed hell on anyone standing in his way. Could this new-found rage give him the support he needs to survive Hell in a Cell against a returning Undertaker at SummerSlam? What will the Ultimate Opportunist do just days before perhaps the biggest match of his career?

Last week in their unprecedented Indian Broken Glass Arm Wrestling Contest, No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship, The Great Khali, applied his vicious Vise Grip to Triple H, sending a message that “The Game” is over. After finding that his patented Pedigree on Khali could be anatomically impossible, how will The Cerebral Assassin successfully defend his gold against the Punjabi Giant at SummerSlam? Will these titans clash again just days before the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer?

The undefeated Vladimir Kozlov is demanding a better class of competition. After making short work of Jesse, could the Moscow Mauler find what he seeks in the corn-fed colossus, Festus?

And with advisor Ezekiel Jackson providing a hefty distraction at ringside, The Brian Kendrick picked up yet another victory over Super Crazy last week. With Jackson becoming such a decisive factor in The Kendrick’s matches, will anybody be able to stand in his way?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on Friday Night SmackDown on The CW Network at 8/7 CT. And don’t forget to catch SummerSlam, Sunday, Aug. 17, only on pay-per-view.

The subtitle on WWE.com for the preview was Over the Edge. I just found that odd.

Without wishing to post spoilers, I must say the last segment is an absolute must watch. Utterly Brilliant!

Also, Koslov vs Festus was good.

Hopefully the wwe pulls a Matt Sydal and changes his ring name. Of course Sydal was Matt's real name.

Developmental Jay Bradley debuts as Ryan Braddock. At least that's a better name than Colt was stuck with. Braddock got squashed though, but it's good to see the longtime developmental get a call-up.

MVP had a solid backstage interview spot. R-Truch's vignette was really good as well.

Festus vs Koslov is actually worth checking out.

I think Kozlov should dye his hair blonde and wear an army uniform whenever he's not wrestling.

...what? With how I've heard Vince is behind the times, he probably thinks people still think about Rocky IV.

Maybe it's me...but I'm seeing a Batman/Joker vibe with Taker/Edge.

Maybe because someone asked me "When did Heath Ledger change his name to Edge?"

Okay, So I'm not alone. I definitely think Edge is using Ledger's Joker as his muse for this current characterization...

Well, considering Russia is back in the news for kicking the crap out of Georgia it might be time to push Kozlov.

Edge is carrying SD more than anyone has ever carried a wrestling show. Seriously. The only other thing on the show that is even semi competent is Jeff/MVP, and that feud is a bit mundane with the feeling of deja vu.

Well, considering Russia is back in the news for kicking the crap out of Georgia it might be time to push Kozlov.

Edge is carrying SD more than anyone has ever carried a wrestling show. Seriously. The only other thing on the show that is even semi competent is Jeff/MVP, and that feud is a bit mundane with the feeling of deja vu.

MVP hates the Hardys :(

Ahright, after watching the video, I am glad that Scotty is at least playing to his strengths. I certainly hope that they have plans for him, because he's a strong personality, one that could benefit SD!

Well, they can't have that much plans for Colt Cabana, since they jobbed him to Brian Kendrick in about 2 minutes with no cheating. I don't know why WWE keeps jobbing people in their debut, because some people don't recover from it. I too the past few weeks have seen similarities in Edge and the Joker. Hell, last night he basically just acted like the Joker, doing things that are funny to him, but scary for Vickie.

Ok seriously, the Joker comparisons need to stop. Edge is just playing a psychotic version of his usual gimmick. Maybe he lifted a few things from the Ledger interpretation of Joker, but Edge is not trying to be the Joker. People are just reaching here.

Come to think of it, there needs to be a Joker gimmick in wrestling. A guy who likes to inflict pain on people for his own amusement, and thinks its funny. The original Doink character was about the closest we ever got to this.

Damn. Colt's match already aired. I missed one of the few things that I give a flying fuck about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXZS2BUQJs

Colt is simply awesome. If he is up for good, i need to DVR SMACKDOWN for his stuff alone.

The Kozlov vs. Festus match wasn't that bad.

I don't think Sid really seems like the Joker really, just kind of like a psychotic big man. I meant more of like someone wearing clown make-up, and is very creepy and disturbing.

Hopefully the wwe pulls a Matt Sydal and changes his ring name. Of course Sydal was Matt's real name.

Developmental Jay Bradley debuts as Ryan Braddock. At least that's a better name than Colt was stuck with. Braddock got squashed though, but it's good to see the longtime developmental get a call-up.

MVP had a solid backstage interview spot. R-Truch's vignette was really good as well.

Festus vs Koslov is actually worth checking out.

Bourne's real name is Matthew Korklan