TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE SummerSlam 2008

BTW, even if Jericho didn't connect with that punch (and for what its worth, I hope he didn't, it just made me wonder with them even suggesting the idea that they are even "faking" her have a busted lip, doesn't seem very company-like to push that they were going to plan it to look "real" in something like that) it still doesn't make that segment any less better, as it was one of the best single angles I've seen so far this year in WWE easily, legitimate punch to her or not.

BTW, even if Jericho didn't connect with that punch (and for what its worth, I hope he didn't, it just made me wonder with them even suggesting the idea that they are even "faking" her have a busted lip, doesn't seem very company-like to push that they were going to plan it to look "real" in something like that) it still doesn't make that segment any less better, as it was one of the best single angles I've seen so far this year in WWE easily, legitimate punch to her or not.

The HBK vs Y2J stuff has definitely been the feud of the year.

So what excuse will JBL drag out tomorrow night to stretch this feud out for another PPV? I mean, that was his second loss to Punk, this one clean as a whistle in the middle of the ring. That SHOULD be the end of this, right? Please?

Thus, the ashamed moniker

The segment was pointless and nothing but time filler.

Who didn't expect that happen once he dragged his wife out?

Honestly?

No different than Randy Orton and his kick of DOOM gimmick that killed John Cena's dad, among others.

And not that I care, but considering the WWE Heat title match lasted all of one minute, they could've saved this segment for Raw

How was it pointless? It adds another dimension to the HBK-Jericho feud, and featured great mic work by both men. Loved the acting and facials by the guys too. I think it put over the importance of the feud by having it on PPV.

Wow, three world titles and they ALL go on in the first half of the No. 2 show of the year.

i'm an idiot. for some reason i thought edge taker was for the title....

oh well. apparently cena, batista, edge, and undertaker are all more important than the world titles of the wwe.

That JBL/Punk match delivered better than I expected, even though unintentionally, with the head collision spot that looked painful. But smart booking there, glad WWE followed up with the story of Punk "proving" himself a bit here, it was good to see that. Looking forward to seeing what they have planned for him in Chicago tomorrow for sure. I hope they just move on from the JBL program now, though. Punk proved himself and there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I dont get how some are bitching about this show so far......other than the bad Hardy/Henry nonsense, this has been a strong ppv so far in terms of undercard quality. Specific match placements on a show are so trivial to bitch about as long as each match is good and delivers on some level.

That JBL/Punk match delivered better than I expected, even though unintentionally, with the head collision spot that looked painful. But smart booking there, glad WWE followed up with the story of Punk "proving" himself a bit here, it was good to see that. Looking forward to seeing what they have planned for him in Chicago tomorrow for sure. I hope they just move on from the JBL program now, though. Punk proved himself and there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I dont get how some are bitching about this show so far......other than the bad Hardy/Henry nonsense, this has been a strong ppv so far in terms of undercard quality. Specific match placements on a show are so trivial to bitch about as long as each match is good and delivers on some level.

im just not happy about this khali triple h match at all. i thought everything besides the hardy/henry thing and this match, has been awesome. i can't wait for the hell in a cell match.