TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JST

Yeah?! Well I met [insert B-level personality here], so... yeah. S

In an effort to further activize and make up other words about Community, I thought I'd start this little thread where you get to brag about your "celebrity" encounters. Surely a bunch as varied as ours has a story to tell. So go nuts and include pictures.

I'll get the ball rolling with my 2006 encounter from a Raw in Montreal, with none other than the man with the mic himself... Todd f'n Grisham! *

* Profanity added for sarcastic effect.

Js_Todd_Grisham_Martin.jpg

Um... I met Mick Foley at a baseball game once.

And I got an autograph from Ron Killings back in his "K-Kwik" days prior to a Raw show a few years back. It was pouring rain outside and he was the only guy willing to stand outside and meet fans before the show.

Do they have to be wrestling related?

Nope. Go nuts.

You know how Jim Ross always mentions in his blog that he's always glad to meet with fans? Bullshit. We first took a picture with Jerry Lawler, who then told us to stick around and wait for J.R. to come out as he LOVES to take pictures with fans. But the tone in which he said it indicated more of an intent to fuck with his colleague. Having worked some indies myself, I kinda know what it's like to deal with "marks". His knowing smirk was almost noticeable. Once the deed was done, J.R. couldn't get in his rental truck fast enough.

JS_Lawler.jpg

Js_JR_Martin.jpg

I haven't met anyone, but a colleague of mine was coming back from the England vs Jamaica soccer match in Manchester before the World Cup in 2006 and pulled into a service station. Lo and behold, David Beckham was in the shop paying for his petrol, also on the way back from the match he'd just played in. So my mate has a picture of his eight year-old son with a smiling David Beckham in a random service station on the M4.

Who's the goober guy in the Tiger Woods cap?

That'd be my friend. We were four, so we split picture assignments two at a time as to not bug the same performer for four separate pictures.

I also got on his case about getting a Tiger Woods cap at first.

I've met people that no one from here would probably know.

I've met the whole Terror Squad when Big Pun was alive. One of my old school friends (Gang member) was a big time drug dealer (Didnt know at the time) and he was hosting a party. So we were all smoking weed and drinking alcohol when his buzzer went off. He has security camera's facing the street and in front of his door (Since we were in his basement). Well, when we looked at the camera all we see is a big belly, so when my boy told him to take a few steps back, it was Big Pun with Fat Joe and Cuban Link, that's all we saw on the camera, when my boy opened the door, it was the whole terror squad right there, ready to get high and drunk and party. Evidently, Pun and my boy new eachother a long time ago.

Those are the famous people I've met.

My ex-wife has a picture with Swiss Beatz and has a signed autograph 5 dollar bill from Fat Joe (Whoopie fuckin doo).

If ya guys dont have any idea who these people are, well, they are rappers, hip hoppers.

SIN

To be fair, it seems sometimes like half the people in the fed are twenty-something white rockers from Britain. It would hardly be the most surprising thing I've ever heard if they didn't know who Terror Squad is.

To be fair, it seems sometimes like half the people in the fed are twenty-something white rockers from Britain. It would hardly be the most surprising thing I've ever heard if they didn't know who Terror Squad is.

Thats why I found it funny.

Hey I resent that - I'm a thirty year old white rocker from Britain.

And as for Fat Joe, well yes I know, he can flow, he can flow, he can flow.

I've met Andy Cairns from Therapy? He's TINY.

I was going to meet Huey Morgan from the Fun Lovin' Criminals but he was too stoned to leave his dressing room (he's friends with one of my circle)

I've danced to the Sex Pistols with Vince Neil. And watched Mick Mars try to pick up indie kids and fail cos none of them had ANY idea who he was.

I'm a twenty-something white punk from Britain, and have no clue who Terror Squad are. However, I resent WC's insinuation that my skin colour has anything to do with that.

Edited to add: Who the fuck's Mick Mars?

Edited by Toxxic

See, all I know about Motley Crue apart from their abuse of umlauts is that their drummer married Pamela Anderson. I'm a punk. Classic rock is not my thing.

I'm a twenty-something white punk from Britain, and have no clue who Terror Squad are. However, I resent WC's insinuation that my skin colour has anything to do with that.

You can resent it all you want, sunshine; I won't mind.

You can resent it all you want, sunshine; I won't mind.

And if I made a comment about how black people won't know who Bad Brains are?

(those of you who get the point of this, bear with me for a second)

badbrains208.jpg

Bad Brains. One of the first proper hardcore bands, about the only all-black punk band I've ever heard of, and had some seriously decent tunes if you ignore the fact that HR was (and still is) a complete lunatic and vehemently homophobic.

It may seem like I'm overreacting, but bear in mind I work day in, day out with a group of people some of whom are, shall we say, not as enlightened as they might be. It makes me want to challenge statements like "you probably won't know this because you're white" in the same way as I challenge statements like "all black people smoke weed" and "all gay people have AIDS".

Well, it seems that people are making a race issue when it isnt. The reason why I say what I said about people not knowing Terror Squad is because from what I hear in TSM, all I hear is ROCK and only a few, like 1 percent listen to hiphop/rap. It is nothing about race, hell, I listen to some rock, it's just not my cup of tea. I like the offsprings back in the day. SOAD was the shit with their political views, I like knickle back, and one of the greatest rock band of all time AEROSMITH, but my thing is hiphop, even though they suck right now with all that downsouth bullshit with superman and air max, they have no lyrics.

Well, like i was saying, it aint about race.

See, all I know about Motley Crue apart from their abuse of umlauts is that their drummer married Pamela Anderson. I'm a punk. Classic rock is not my thing.

is it weird that i think Motley Crue isn't old enough to be classic rock? i shouldn't be feeling this old, i'm not even 30 yet XD