TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (8/18/2008)

Whoemever was writing the four or shows after Vince was written off, is not the same person writing now. I think Steph is back.

What has happened on the show so far would support that theory. Blah.

Well last weeks show was shite, this weeks show is shite, and Burchill was being pushed under whomever was booking then, and was unceremoniously taken out of his feud with Kofi in favor of Santino.

I doubt any pins that happen during the Scramble will count toward an "overall" count. I think it'll only matter if someone other than Punk wins.

That's why Adamle said, "Whoever is the champion when the time expires will be officially recognized as the World Heavyweight Champion."

You can almost see the double pin/submission finish.

Since the last fall is the only one that matters, what would stop someone from beating the shit out of the other 4 guys with a chair for 19+ minutes, and getting a pinfall right at the end over their corpses?

So... will everyone who snags a pinfall during that championship scramble match get credit for a title win? I understand the winner is the Champ, but in theory you could have someone get 5 pinfalls while another wrestler gets one at the end of the match and wins the title? And does the guy who get's 5 pins actually get credit for 5 title wins? The whole concept really sounds flawed. I don't get it. :(

So... will everyone who snags a pinfall during that championship scramble match get credit for a title win? I understand the winner is the Champ, but in theory you could have someone get 5 pinfalls while another wrestler gets one at the end of the match and wins the title? And does the guy who get's 5 pins actually get credit for 5 title wins? The whole concept really sounds flawed. I don't get it. :(

Yea, if they were smart, they'd just sit out for the match. Wait till the last minute, knock someone out with a ringbell or something. Since, with the rules as they are, a DQ wouldn't really be anything against you.

And then pin the last couple of seconds.

MIKE ADAMLE SAID THAT ONLY THE ONE WHO ENDS UP AS THE CHAMPION AT THE END OF THE TIME LIMIT WILL BE REOCGNIZED AS CHAMPION. THE VICTORIES WITHIN THE MATCH DON'T COUNT. STOP ASKING.

MIKE ADAMLE SAID THAT ONLY THE ONE WHO ENDS UP AS THE CHAMPION AT THE END OF THE TIME LIMIT WILL BE REOCGNIZED AS CHAMPION. THE VICTORIES WITHIN THE MATCH DON'T COUNT. STOP ASKING.

Calm down, dude.

Calm down, dude.

Hey it's Adamle speaking. I'm not always sure what i'm hearing when he opens his mouth so I figure it's better to ask. :)

That would be because Glamarella >>>>>> Paul Birchill

LOL. No. He's entertaining occasionally, but should be nowhere near a title merely for the sake of Phoenix/Santino shenanigans.

Christ their are alot of really dense folk in this thread

This man speaks the truth.

Also, Truthiness is getting on my good side tonight.

I'm sorry... I didn't quite catch that.. are the people who pick up "victories" within the match credited with title reigns.. I mean shit, Cena could easily eclipse Flair if that's the case...

Thanks Enigma. It's amazing how many people don't pay attention just so they can run and go OMG PADDING TITLE REIGNS.

I like the show so far, though poor Jamie Noble

Then I guess Joey Styles isn't doing his job, from wwe.com:

Adamle announced a “Championship Scramble” for Unforgiven between World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, Kane, JBL, Batista and John Cena. The match will last for 20 minutes and will see the title go to whoever can defeat an opponent, with the championship allowed to change multiple times during the match. At the end of the time limit, whoever the current champion is will be the new World Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/results/7442496/

Then I guess Joey Styles isn't doing his job, from wwe.com:

Adamle announced a “Championship Scramble” for Unforgiven between World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, Kane, JBL, Batista and John Cena. The match will last for 20 minutes and will see the title go to whoever can defeat an opponent, with the championship allowed to change multiple times during the match. At the end of the time limit, whoever the current champion is will be the new World Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/results/7442496/

This is why smart people ask questions. :P

What's there been to like so far Bob? Squashes and Cena out shining the youth movement?

I liked Cena v. Priceless and really enjoyed the Jericho stuff.

The title changes hands, but the one who wins is "recognised" as champ.

CM Punk!